EAA Board of Directors

Old April 14th 05, 06:41 AM
RST Engineering

Default EAA Board of Directors

Thanks to the 300+ of you all that put your ink signature on the line and
nominated me for the EAA Board of Directors. I'm on the ballot.

Here's the reality. There will be 300 to 500 members at the meeting on the
Saturday of Oshkosh week to elect the new directors. The EAA holds some
35,000 proxies at the same meeting. Guess who gets to pick the new
directors?

Here is what I am going to ask you to do. In mid-July, just before Oshkosh
week I'm going to give you an email list of the EAA Board members and
Executive Board who hold those proxies. I'm going to request that you to
tell them to vote me onto the board.

No hassle. Email and nothing more.

Talk to you in July about it...

And THANKS FOR THE NOMINATIONS...

Jim

Old April 15th 05, 02:17 AM
jonladd

JIm, Would you care to elaborate on why you want to be nominated and
what your vision is for the EAA?
Thanks, Jon Ladd

Old April 15th 05, 03:02 AM
Dude

"jonladd" wrote in message
oups.com...
JIm, Would you care to elaborate on why you want to be nominated and
what your vision is for the EAA?
Thanks, Jon Ladd

It's a valid question, but to me its enough to stop the rubber stamp system

Old April 15th 05, 11:51 AM
Matt Whiting

Dude wrote:
"jonladd" wrote in message
oups.com...

JIm, Would you care to elaborate on why you want to be nominated and
what your vision is for the EAA?
Thanks, Jon Ladd

It's a valid question, but to me its enough to stop the rubber stamp system

You will need much more than one board member to do that. So who else
in r.a.x who is an EAA member is willing to step forward?

Matt
Old April 15th 05, 07:16 PM
Jez

"RST Engineering" wrote in message
Thanks to the 300+ of you all that put your ink signature on the line and
nominated me for the EAA Board of Directors. I'm on the ballot.

Here's the reality. There will be 300 to 500 members at the meeting on
the Saturday of Oshkosh week to elect the new directors. The EAA holds
some 35,000 proxies at the same meeting. Guess who gets to pick the new
directors?

Here is what I am going to ask you to do. In mid-July, just before
Oshkosh week I'm going to give you an email list of the EAA Board members
and Executive Board who hold those proxies. I'm going to request that you
to tell them to vote me onto the board.

No hassle. Email and nothing more.

Talk to you in July about it...

And THANKS FOR THE NOMINATIONS...

Jim

Good plan Jim, I'll look out for your post in July.

Old April 18th 05, 04:59 PM
RST Engineering

I'll be happy to do that in text in this newsgroup in July when I ask for
your emails to the current Board. I also did it in an attachment to those
who nominated me.

At this time, it would be premature.

Jim

oups.com...

Old April 18th 05, 07:53 PM
RST Engineering

Who can give me the source of this quotation:

"Politicians are the same the world over. They all promise to build you a
bridge where there is no river."

???

Jim

Old April 18th 05, 08:06 PM
John Ousterhout

RST Engineering wrote:
Who can give me the source of this quotation:

"Politicians are the same the world over. They all promise to build you a
bridge where there is no river."

I googled it and the first six links I checked all attributed it to
Nikita Khrushchev.

Hmmm... Are you trying to tell us something Jim?

- J.O.-
Old April 18th 05, 08:13 PM
Darrel Toepfer

RST Engineering wrote:

Who can give me the source of this quotation:

"Politicians are the same the world over. They all promise to build you a
bridge where there is no river."

"Politicians are the same all over: they promise to build a bridge even
where there is no river." -- Nikita Khrushchev (1960)

stolen quotes
I would add this often it is the politicians themselves who furnish the
river. and then the river ends up flooding the city.

Then I suppose they use this to "prove" the need for the bridge, and
then after the flood, promise a dam.
/stolen quotes

Prize please...