Narco Com IIA Wiring connections?

Old July 13th 03, 11:00 PM
Rod

Default Narco Com IIA Wiring connections?

I picked up an old Narco Com IIA radio.
I'd like to wire it up at home in the garage so I can listen to the
traffic and approach control flying overhead.

I've searched the internet high and low looking for documentation that
would identify the connections on the back. I can't find any, not even
at narco's web site.

There is a clone (tray compatible) radio by TKM (the MX-11) but I can't
find any connection diagrams for that either.

Does anybody have something that would list the connections for this
radio, or at least know a web site that might tell how to hook it up?

I'm assuming I'll need Pwr (+12V), ground, and speaker connections.
Obviously no transmit.

Thanks,
Rod

(remove "-delete-" from address if replying via email)
Old July 14th 03, 07:26 AM
RTW

COM 11A Pinout:

1-Ground
2-Mic Ground
3-Phones
4-Mic Key
5-Speaker
6-Speaker and Phones Ground
7-Audio In
8-Low Level Audio Out
9-Mic Audio
10-Dimmer Light
13+14 14V Input

Hope that helps. I have a maintenance manual if you need one...

Ron Webb

Old July 15th 03, 05:12 AM
Rod

Cool, thanks.

Looking at the unit from the back, pin 1 (card edge connector) on the
left?

I don't know if I need a maint. manual, but it wouldn't hurt to have one
in my library. What do you want for it?

I can't use the radio in an airplane unless it's checked and approved my
the mfg. I think the default freq tolerance spec is not within current
requirements.

thanks,
- rog

Old July 16th 03, 02:23 AM
Cy Galley

Note: If your aircraft radio has more than 700 channels, it is acceptable
for use after 1/1/97. Below is a PARTIAL list of radio that have been type
accepted by the FCC as meeting the 30 PPM frequency tolerance (some with
less than 700 channels). Aircraft radios type accepted to an even tighter
tolerance are acceptable, but may not necessarily be listed below. So long
as your radio does not appear on the list of unacceptable radios, however,
you may continue to use it.

National Aeronautical Corp
a..
b.. COM11A is on the list of acceptable radios.
http://wireless.fcc.gov/aviation/goodlst.html

It is good to go. No need for a radio shop check.