Clouds and Class B

Old May 31st 08, 09:01 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Default Clouds and Class B

You've been cleared into Class B VFR, and you've been assigned a heading.
After a while you see that your heading will take you through some clouds, and
you asked to be cleared on a different heading, 40 degrees to the right. ATC
says unable and gives a plausible reason why. What do you do?
Old May 31st 08, 09:41 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Buster Hymen

Mxsmanic wrote in
:

You've been cleared into Class B VFR, and you've been assigned a
heading. After a while you see that your heading will take you through
some clouds, and you asked to be cleared on a different heading, 40
degrees to the right. ATC says unable and gives a plausible reason
why. What do you do?

Any PILOT (ie. not a simulator moron like you Anthony) knows how to handle
that. I had no problem with that the first time I was solo in the TCA as a
student.

Old May 31st 08, 02:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

On May 31, 7:08*am, Robert Moore wrote:
, or what
the FARs or AIM would have us do?

It's VERY clear in the FAR AIM, thus Mx can easily look it up......

He isn't looking for answers based on experience, just trolling.

The answer to his question is Unable no matter what ATC reasons are,
that is very, very **clear of clouds** (literally and figuratively).
Old May 31st 08, 03:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Tina

You are overlooking that sim gamers need not demonstrate knowledge of
the regulations, need not demonstrate good judgment, or proficiency.

They just need to to buy a computer game (it is defined as that by the
manufacturer).

Some seem to need to pontificate in newsgroups too.

Old May 31st 08, 07:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Robert M. Gary

On May 31, 1:01*am, Mxsmanic wrote:
You've been cleared into Class B VFR, and you've been assigned a heading.
After a while you see that your heading will take you through some clouds, and
you asked to be cleared on a different heading, 40 degrees to the right. *ATC
says unable and gives a plausible reason why. *What do you do?

I don't think the ATC guys can really do anything. I know they have to
pay extra to play ATC vs. flying but I don't think they have the
ability to actually affect the world (prevent take offs, logoff
pilots, delete virtual airlines, etc).

-Robert, CFII
Old May 31st 08, 07:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Buster Hymen

Robert Moore wrote in
46.128:

Buster Hymen wrote
Any PILOT (ie. not a simulator moron like you Anthony) knows how to
handle that. I had no problem with that the first time I was solo in
the TCA as a student.

Why did't you answer his question and tell us what you did, or what
the FARs or AIM would have us do?

Bob Moore
ATP CFI

Because Anthony doen't ask questions to get an answer. He asks questions
to stir up arguments.

Old May 31st 08, 07:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Buster Hymen

Robert Moore wrote in
46.128:

Buster Hymen wrote
Any PILOT (ie. not a simulator moron like you Anthony) knows how to
handle that. I had no problem with that the first time I was solo in
the TCA as a student.

Why did't you answer his question and tell us what you did, or what
the FARs or AIM would have us do?

Bob Moore
ATP CFI

Why didn't YOU answer his question?

Old May 31st 08, 08:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.alien.vampire.flonk.flonk.flonk
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

Mxsmanic wrote in
:

You've been cleared into Class B VFR, and you've been assigned a
heading. After a while you see that your heading will take you through
some clouds, and you asked to be cleared on a different heading, 40
degrees to the right. ATC says unable and gives a plausible reason
why. What do you do?

Hit pause and make a cu of tea.

Of course you can't afford tea, so you're ****ed.

Bertie
Old May 31st 08, 10:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Steve Foley

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message
You've been cleared into Class B VFR, and you've been assigned a heading.
After a while you see that your heading will take you through some clouds,
and
you asked to be cleared on a different heading, 40 degrees to the right.
ATC
says unable and gives a plausible reason why. What do you do?

Isn't it about time you start claiming that nobody knows the answer?

Hell, it's been over 12 hours.

Old June 1st 08, 12:21 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.alien.vampire.flonk.flonk.flonk
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

Default Anthony Atkielski

gregvk wrote in
:

Bertie the Bunyip wrote in news:g1s8eh$civ$1
@blackhelicopter.databasix.com:

Mxsmanic wrote in
:

You've been cleared into Class B VFR, and you've been assigned a
heading. After a while you see that your heading will take you
through some clouds, and you asked to be cleared on a different
heading, 40 degrees to the right. ATC says unable and gives a
plausible reason why. What do you do?

Hit pause and make a cu of tea.

Of course you can't afford tea, so you're ****ed.

Bertie

Keep asking over and over and over until they cave and give you what
you want or until your problem just goes away by itself. Works for
little kids and pain-in-the-ass coworkers, so it should work for
pilots, too, right?

Oh this one isn't a pilot. He's something special. A Jobless twit who
lives in Paris. He claims to be asexual ( totally beleivable, BTW) and
offers tours to women. Here's his website; http://www.atkielski.com/
He also has a begging bowl on amazon....
His only participation in "aviation" is playing microsoft flight sim. He
comes here with a lot of lame brain questions which are often duly
answered by actual pilots and he then proceeds to tel them he knows
better because he's tried it in MSFS..

He priceless!

Bertie

PH-GRD breaking through the clouds Tom Hayden Aviation Photos 0 October 2nd 07 08:40 PM
streamer clouds Jose Piloting 11 November 5th 06 03:35 PM
US Standard Class and World Class Nationals at Hobbs Ken Sorenson Soaring 7 July 16th 04 04:03 AM
Blue Clouds Mark Cherry Simulators 0 September 21st 03 12:57 PM
UK Open Class and Club Class Nationals - Lasham Steve Dutton Soaring 0 August 6th 03 10:07 PM