Two MOH Winners say Bush Didn't Serve

Old June 5th 04, 10:33 PM
Lyle

On Sat, 05 Jun 2004 19:43:22 GMT, "Jarg"
wrote:

"WalterM140" wrote in message
2 Democrats: Bush Let Guard Down
Gore Surrogates Revive Issue of Apparent Laxity in Candidate's Military

Service

and you would believe them? How does receiving the Medal of Honor better
qualify them to pass judgement on anything? Bravery in combat doesn't
translate to superior analytical abilities. Furthermore they are, as the
title "2 Democats...." notes, Democrat politicians, and therefore their
views on this matter are going to be suspect to any reasonable person. Here
is a more balance analysis of Bush's service. Note it isn't from one of the
fringe publications you like to quote:

http://web.archive.org/web/200012022....com/bush.html

Jarg

most of the medal of honor winners in the Korean war were Medics. so i
would agree with you their. Just because you won the MOH dosent make
you fit to lead troops into combat. I know a pacifist who was a medic
in world war 2 cause he could not take another life, so he choose to
save them instead, but you should hear some of the war time stories
he's told. I may not want to follow him into combat, but i know that
if i was ever wounded, he would go to hell and back to save me.
Old June 6th 04, 05:22 AM
Steve Hix

wrote:

[...]

Desmond Doss, by any chance?
Old June 6th 04, 11:05 AM
Cub Driver

Whether George Bush "served" in the Air National Guard or not,

He most certainly did. I looked at this as hard as I could, and I
concluded that his military service was longer than mine, more
dangerous than mine, and more useful to the country.

(It was also more fun, but then that's what being an officer is all
about.)

http://www.warbirdforum.com/bushf102.htm

all the best -- Dan Ford
email: (put Cubdriver in subject line)

The Warbird's Forum
www.warbirdforum.com
The Piper Cub Forum www.pipercubforum.com
Old June 6th 04, 01:14 PM
WalterM140

Let's get something straight!

Whether George Bush "served" in the Air National Guard or not, today he has
almost three years experience as wartime Commander-In Chief of the greatest
military force in history of mankind, which John Kerry does NOT have!

Many senior officers have indicated that the invasion of Iraq was a mistake,
and had been bungled to the point of dereliction of duty. A former SecNav
called the invasion of Iraq the worst strategic blunder in memory.

Walt
Old June 6th 04, 01:17 PM
WalterM140

Whether George Bush "served" in the Air National Guard or not,

He most certainly did. I looked at this as hard as I could, and I
concluded that his military service was longer than mine, more
dangerous than mine, and more useful to the country.

This link shows conclusively that Bush did not earn the requisite 50 points for
a year's satisfactory service:

http://news.findlaw.com/hdocs/docs/g...-73arfspe1.pdf

Walt
Old June 6th 04, 01:19 PM
WalterM140

WalterM140 wrote:
Let's clarify this a bit. What the writer MEANT to say what that two
DEMOCRATIC
PARTY politicians who just happened to have been awarded the Medal of
Honor...

People don't just "happen" to be awarded the MOH.

Try again.

Walt

You failed to mention that they both had won their MOHs long before they
became
politicians. It was merely a credit to their good sense that those brave men
chose to become Democratic politicians.

Exactly.

Walt
Old June 6th 04, 04:00 PM
Mike Dargan

John‰]
wrote:
In article , WalterM140
wrote:

Whether George Bush "served" in the Air National Guard or not,

He most certainly did. I looked at this as hard as I could, and I
concluded that his military service was longer than mine, more
dangerous than mine, and more useful to the country.

This link shows conclusively that Bush did not earn the requisite 50 points
for
a year's satisfactory service:

http://news.findlaw.com/hdocs/docs/g...-73arfspe1.pdf

Walt

Irrelevant.

The appropriate authority determined that he had had successfully and
honorably completed his term of service and awarded him an honorable
discharge. That certificate and the NGB Form 22 that accompanies it
are prima facie evidence of honorable service.

End of story. Get over it.

Agreed. Bush used family influence to get into and out of the guard.
That's certainly not illegal, and made good sense. How could
responsible parents stand by and allow their son to be wasted in a
debacle like Viet Nam?

Cheers

--mike

John

Old June 6th 04, 04:40 PM
WalterM140

Whether George Bush "served" in the Air National Guard or not,

He most certainly did. I looked at this as hard as I could, and I
concluded that his military service was longer than mine, more
dangerous than mine, and more useful to the country.

This link shows conclusively that Bush did not earn the requisite 50 points
for
a year's satisfactory service:

http://news.findlaw.com/hdocs/docs/g...-73arfspe1.pdf

Walt

Irrelevant.

No it's not. The primary source (the document I linked to) cannot be trumped
by secondary sources beholden to Bush or his benefactors.

Bush did not sucessfully complete his obligatory service.

The appropriate authority determined that he had had successfully and
honorably completed his term of service and awarded him an honorable
discharge.

According to one website, his DD-214 is missing. The one linked document I
viewed recently said he was "honorably" discharged by order of the governor of
Texas.

That's not how it works.

That certificate and the NGB Form 22 that accompanies it
are prima facie evidence of honorable service.

Have you a link to this honorable discharge?

Walt
Old June 6th 04, 05:09 PM
Steve Hix

In article ekGwc.10591$4S5.9270@attbi_s52,
Mike Dargan wrote:

Agreed. Bush used family influence to get into and out of the guard.
That's certainly not illegal, and made good sense. How could
responsible parents stand by and allow their son to be wasted in a
debacle like Viet Nam?

*If* you are correct, they must have been horrified when he volunteered
to fly the F-102 in VN, at a time when more-senior pilots from his unit
were serving there.

*If*.

Bush's guard record JDKAHN Home Built 13 October 3rd 04 09:38 PM
"W" is JFK's son and Bush revenge killed Kennedy in 1963 Ross C. Bubba Nicholson Aerobatics 0 August 28th 04 11:28 AM
bush rules! Be Kind Military Aviation 53 February 14th 04 04:26 PM