Nomex flightsuit source

Old November 17th 04, 06:40 PM
justin

Default Nomex flightsuit source

Anyone know who makes/sells nomex flight suits for sport aviation? I'm
looking for something more interesting than sage green or tan.

Thx. justin

Old November 18th 04, 02:11 AM
jharper aaatttt cisco dddooottt com

www.flightsuits.com

They have quite a range of colors, although you probably
won't find fluo strawberry pink - they're still fairly
restrained. (Mine is sage green I'm afraid, if I couldn't
get the fluo strawberry I wasn't going to mess around... :-) )

John

Old November 20th 04, 07:55 PM
Chixfly2

Try e-bay. I have purchased both my flight suits and my nomex gloves
through e-bay and am very happy with my purchases.

Chix

Old November 21st 04, 12:33 AM
ShawnD2112

Justin,
You might also try Flightsuits (now known as Gibson something or other).
They make them in nomex and cotton and in a mulititude of colors. I had one
custom made to my measurements in nomex in desert tan (matches my airplane's
color scheme). They aren't cheap but they're new and they're to milspec. I
had good luck with the customer service in that department (though I can't
say the same for the helmet people).

Cheers,
Shawn
om...

Old November 22nd 04, 12:18 AM
justin

Thanks Shawn, and to everyone else who posted. I already have a summer
weight Nomex sage green flight suit but was hoping I could find something
less military and more sporty. I noticed there seems to be lots of
different colors in the cotton blend flightsuits, but I'm only interested in
the Nomex fabric (I've got some third degree burns from a previous accident
and I never, ever, want to go through that again). I think I'll just pick
up a blue nomex flightsuit from Flightsuits. As you say they ain't cheap.
FWIW, I noticed some of the airshow performers are also wearing nomex racing
shoes. I bought me a pair. They cost about $70 and you can buy them out of
any race car magazine. Great nomex protection for your feet and they work
great on pedals too - airplane or race car.

justin

"ShawnD2112" wrote in message
k...
Justin,
You might also try Flightsuits (now known as Gibson something or other).
They make them in nomex and cotton and in a mulititude of colors. I had
one custom made to my measurements in nomex in desert tan (matches my
airplane's color scheme). They aren't cheap but they're new and they're
to milspec. I had good luck with the customer service in that department
(though I can't say the same for the helmet people).

Cheers,
Shawn
om...

Old November 22nd 04, 07:54 AM
ShawnD2112

Yep, a lot of my mates wear racing shoes, too. I just haven't gotten around
to buying a pair yet. I'm also picking up a pair of nomex gloves. There is
really only one thing that scares me about flying. It's more of a phobia,
really, and that's fire. now that I'm flying a machine with higher energy
than the Taylorcraft I used to fly exclusively, I'm afraid of having some
kind of mishap, surviving the ensuing crash, only the burn up trapped in the
wreckage. Nomex won't do more than buy me a few seconds in that kind of
situation but it might also help in a less-serious fire incident. I'll
probably never need it, but I just want to stack the odds in my favor.

That's the main reason I go for nomex over other materials. You can also
get underwear in nomex from companies like Sparco. I think that's a little
over the top for me, but I may get a turtleneck just for warmth in the
winter. Anyway, I hope you can find what you're looking for.

Cheers,
Shawn

"justin" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

om...

Old December 10th 04, 01:02 AM
slackie

If you want something custom made then try http://www.flamecrusher.com
they'll make to order VERY cheaply (based in NZ so favourable exchange
rate!). Send them your measurements and colour scheme and "hey presto"
you have a one-of-a-kind that matches your aero mount.

Old January 13th 05, 05:23 AM
MLM

Justin,

You seem to be describing a racing suit. No useable pockets, but it is
probably what you have in mind. Be warned, they are not cheap. Try
www.saferacer.com.

.. .