Celebrity Planes Sort of OT

Old December 26th 06, 08:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
BucFan

Default Celebrity Planes Sort of OT

This is just a curiosity question. I was reading an article about Angelina
Jolie, the fact that she was a pilot was a pretty big part of the article,
they also pointed out that she owns her own plane ( Cirrus SR22 ).

They had a picture of her flying the plane, and in the picture you could see
the panel, with the N number on the plane. Out of curiosity I did a lookup
on the N number, it shows the plane as being registered to Cirrus aircraft,
with an N number change pending.

Would it show up this way if she was leasing the plane, or is Cirrus just
letting her use the plane? Or maybe they Photoshopped the N number in the
picture so people with too much time on their hands over the holidays would
not look it up :-)

What do you guys think....

Old December 26th 06, 08:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Tom Conner

"BucFan" wrote in message
This is just a curiosity question. I was reading an article
about Angelina Jolie, the fact that she was a pilot was a pretty
big part of the article, they also pointed out that she owns her
own plane ( Cirrus SR22 ).

They had a picture of her flying the plane, and in the picture you
could see the panel, with the N number on the plane. Out of curiosity
I did a lookup on the N number, it shows the plane as being registered
to Cirrus aircraft, with an N number change pending.

Would it show up this way if she was leasing the plane, or is Cirrus
just letting her use the plane? Or maybe they Photoshopped the N number
in the picture so people with too much time on their hands over the
holidays would not look it up :-)

I saw her on the Tonight show a year or so ago, and she was talking about
how she is learning how to fly. However, I seem to remember reading
relatively recently that she is giving it up as being to dangerous now that
she is a mom.

Old December 26th 06, 09:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Matt Whiting

Tom Conner wrote:

"BucFan" wrote in message

[...]

I agree that being a mom is very dangerous! :-)

Matt
Old December 27th 06, 01:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Judah

Matt Whiting wrote in
:

I agree that being a mom is very dangerous! :-)

Statistically speaking, every mom dies eventually.
Old December 27th 06, 05:28 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

BucFan writes:

This is just a curiosity question. I was reading an article about Angelina
Jolie, the fact that she was a pilot was a pretty big part of the article,
they also pointed out that she owns her own plane ( Cirrus SR22 ).

Naturally it's a SR22.

Old December 27th 06, 07:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Michael Nouak

"Tom Conner" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
ink.net...

"BucFan" wrote in message
[...]

Well, she's a PP now. She flew from (near) Vienna to Paris I think last
summer with an instructor and her hubby on board. In a C172, IIRC.

Hope this cut-'n-paste job turns out all right:

FAA Registry
Name Inquiry Results

ANGELINA JOLIE
Address

Street 1990 S BUNDY DR STE 200

City LOS ANGELES State CALIFORNIA
County LOS ANGELES Zip Code 90025-5249
Country UNITED STATES

Medical

Medical Class : Third Medical Date: 08/2006

CertIficates

2 of 2

1 2

DOI : 09/11/2006
CertIficate: PRIVATE PILOT (FOREIGN BASED)

Rating(s):

PRIVATE PILOT (Foreign Based)
AIRPLANE SINGLE ENGINE LAND
INSTRUMENT AIRPLANE

Limits

INSTRUMENT AIRPLANE U.S. TEST PASSED.

ISSUED ON BASIS OF AND VALID ONLY WHEN ACCOMPANIED BY UNITED
KINGDOM PILOT LICENSE NUMBER(S) UK/PP433873A/A.

ALL LIMITATIONS AND RESTRICTIONS ON THE UNITED KINGDOM PILOT
LICENSE APPLY.

Old December 28th 06, 09:33 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
FLAV8R

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message...
they also pointed out that she owns her own plane ( Cirrus SR22 ).

Naturally it's a SR22.

Why naturally?
Cirrus also makes an SR20...

David

Old December 28th 06, 10:26 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

FLAV8R writes:

Why naturally?

Cirrus aircraft seem to attract the dilettantes.

Old December 28th 06, 12:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Thomas Borchert

Mxsmanic,

Cirrus aircraft seem to attract the dilettantes.

Oh yeah? Not counting yourself, would you care to offer any proof for
that statement? 'Cause if you don't, you're lying again - like usual.

Two parts need to be proven:

a. that Angelina Jolie is a dilettant pilot.
b. that Cirrus aircraft do indeed attract dilettantes.

On the way, define dilettante and explain what in the world would
qualify you to judge this, except for your obvious dilettantism (?) in
all things aviation.

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)