Bendix/King KLN94 GPS ..any simulotor? any sim add-on?

Old November 27th 06, 05:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.simulators
akiley

Default Bendix/King KLN94 GPS ..any simulotor? any sim add-on?

Hi all, We have several club aircraft with the KLN 94 GPS. Is there
still no one making a sim for this GPS? Seems like *SOMEONE* would
fill this gap by now. Like Microsoft, the huge MS sim aftermarket
world, Bendix/King themselves, Elite, anyone? The KLN 94 is in a ton
of Cessna aircraft. First and foremost shame on Bendix/King for not
getting a sim together. I emailed them several times over a year or
two, but they finally dropped the project. I consider it a safety
issue.

Personally, I find any kind of PC sim, is the best way to get up to
speed quickly in prep for the real thing. It's going through the
motion of finding the buttons and pressing them in the correct order.
Reading the manual doesn't do this for you. (though reading the
manual is an essential) Garmin has done a great job with the G1000 and
it's now in FSX deluxe version. I read the KLN 94 manual and went up
and flew the real thing yesterday. I had my head down poking at that
thing when I should have been spending more time scanning for traffic.
I knew it pretty well, but if you fly several rental aircraft, you
fumble for the position of the buttons and all the little gotcha's.

Am I missing anything that's come out recently? Thanks for letting me
rant. ... aKiley