US Airways Magazine photo - US Airways magazine photo.jpg (1/1)

Old June 4th 07, 11:27 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
MikeB

Default US Airways Magazine photo - US Airways magazine photo.jpg (1/1)

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	US Airways magazine photo.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	81.5 KB
ID:	12147
Old June 5th 07, 05:30 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Tom Inglima

Always figured that sooner or later the coast of California would just break
off along one of the fault lines and float out to sea. Looks like it must
have got caught in the Humboldt current or whatever it is that flows north
along the Pacific coast. Guess it just got stuck way up there and added a
bunch of land area to Alaska.

Those poor Alaskans. The Crazy's in California will drive them nuts.

Incidentally I live in S. Florida where we do not have to worry about such
things.

Tom Inglima

Old June 5th 07, 06:49 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Andrew-S

Gods I must be slowing down a bit...
I was about ready to question why this was posted and then I looked again...

The really scary part of it all is that this US AIRWAYS travel magazine and
not some third world publication. I hope the pilots and crew are a little
brighter than the advertising department.... Otherwise there will be an
awful lot of very confused passengers and perhaps one or two missed
connections.

Andrew

Old June 5th 07, 05:57 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
redc1c4

Tom Inglima wrote:

Always figured that sooner or later the coast of California would just break
off along one of the fault lines and float out to sea. Looks like it must
have got caught in the Humboldt current or whatever it is that flows north
along the Pacific coast. Guess it just got stuck way up there and added a
bunch of land area to Alaska.

the local coastal current flows south out of the Arctic, not north.....

the Humboldt flows north along the South American coast.

Those poor Alaskans. The Crazy's in California will drive them nuts.

Incidentally I live in S. Florida where we do not have to worry about such
things.

instead, you're surrounded on 3 sides by sharks, and by Georgia & Alabama
on the other....... %-)

redc1c4,
who's waiting for the big one, where everyone else falls into the ocean.
--
"Enlisted men are stupid, but extremely cunning and sly, and bear
considerable watching."

Army Officer's Guide
Old June 10th 07, 10:34 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Garrapata

Los Angeles in Alaska ? Not yet. It will take 20,000,000 years to get
there - if it doesn't get subducted first.
--

09=ix
Old June 11th 07, 09:13 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Bob Harrington

Garrapata wrote in
:

Los Angeles in Alaska ? Not yet. It will take 20,000,000 years to get
there - if it doesn't get subducted first.

From your keyboard to God's ears...

oh.

Just picturing a subduction zone volcano as it regurgitates LA. "Dude - I
am ~so~ totally gonna hurl!"

Yeah, I know. Bedtime.

Old June 11th 07, 01:23 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Bruce R

"redc1c4" wrote in message
Incidentally I live in S. Florida where we do not have to worry about
such
things.

instead, you're surrounded on 3 sides by sharks, and by Georgia & Alabama
on the other....... %-)

redc1c4,

And to the south end of the State (which is becoming a foreign country), and
finally the Conch Republic.

Bruce R

(Another poor Florida resident :-D )

Old June 12th 07, 01:22 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Grumpy AuContraire[_2_]

Bob Harrington wrote:

Garrapata wrote in
:

Los Angeles in Alaska ? Not yet. It will take 20,000,000 years to get
there - if it doesn't get subducted first.

From your keyboard to God's ears...

oh.

Just picturing a subduction zone volcano as it regurgitates LA. "Dude - I
am ~so~ totally gonna hurl!"

Yeah, I know. Bedtime.

Hey Bob... Give us a heads up when LA passes by your neck o' the woods!

JT

Old June 12th 07, 01:32 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Bob Harrington

Grumpy AuContraire wrote in
:

Bob Harrington wrote:

Garrapata wrote in
:

Los Angeles in Alaska ? Not yet. It will take 20,000,000 years to get
there - if it doesn't get subducted first.

From your keyboard to God's ears...

oh.

Just picturing a subduction zone volcano as it regurgitates LA.
"Dude - I am ~so~ totally gonna hurl!"

Yeah, I know. Bedtime.

Hey Bob... Give us a heads up when LA passes by your neck o' the
woods!

JT

We'll send the local natives out with harpoons.
Old June 13th 07, 01:14 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
the Legend of LAX

Bob Harrington wrote:

Hey Bob... Give us a heads up when LA passes by your neck o' the
woods!

JT

We'll send the local natives out with harpoons.

Shall I wave as I go by or duck?

--
Dale G Elhardt
Cypress Ca