NEW PANEL DISPLAY COMPARISON

Old September 12th 09, 03:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Richard[_9_]

Default NEW PANEL DISPLAY COMPARISON

I have had many inquiries for information comparing the Craggy Aero
Ultimate with the competition.

Please see for the comparison.

http://www.craggyaero.com/ultimate.htm

http://www.craggyaero.com/User%20Gui...Standard.p df

Richard
www.craggyaero.com
Old September 12th 09, 03:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Richard[_9_]

On Sep 12, 7:14*am, Richard wrote:
I have had many inquiries for information comparing the Craggy Aero
Ultimate with the competition.

Please see for the comparison.

http://www.craggyaero.com/ultimate.htm

*http://www.craggyaero.com/User%20Gui...0Ultimate%20Se....

Richardwww.craggyaero.com

Customer Review of the Craggy Aero Ultimate.

http://www.hvgc.com.au/blog/?p=262

Richard
www.craggyaero.com
Old September 12th 09, 04:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Hi Richard,

Well done. However, LX told me that the LX Map is 800 x 480 pixels. I
played with one and I agree with that data.

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.

Old September 12th 09, 04:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Richard[_9_]

"Richard" wrote in message

I have had many inquiries for information comparing the Craggy Aero
Ultimate with the competition.

Please see for the comparison.

http://www.craggyaero.com/ultimate.htm

http://www.craggyaero.com/User%20Gui...0Ultimate%20Se...

Richard
www.craggyaero.com- Hide quoted text -

I will change the resolution figures. But if you have a touch screen
overlay, as on the LX Map it is poor in the sun compared to the
Ultimate.
Checkout the pictures of the Ipaq 310, Ipaq 47xx and these are not
even in bright sunlight. The LX Map is similar.

One prominent display manufacturer told me that if you want to ruin a
display for sunlight put a touch screen on it.

Old September 12th 09, 09:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tim Mara[_2_]

but...the LX Map doesn't require a track ball, a separate remote control, or
an expensive and clumsy stick grip...it's an all inclusive touch screen
display, you're looking at what you want to select..not looking off in the
cockpit for a separate control and then back to the screen to make the
changes...and with it's own internal GPS ...mount it and fly.. but everyone
will choose what devices they want and what features they desire..all are
good for today's technology...what comes later will again make these all
obsolete again )
also you need to update your data for supported software since the LX Map is
running SeeYou Mobile (PNA version)
tim

Old September 12th 09, 11:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Richard[_9_]

Please visit the Wings & Wheels website atwww.wingsandwheels.com

"Richard" wrote in message

I have had many inquiries for information comparing the Craggy Aero
Ultimate with the competition.

Please see for the comparison.

http://www.craggyaero.com/ultimate.htm

http://www.craggyaero.com/User%20Gui...0Ultimate%20Se....

Richard
www.craggyaero.com-Hide quoted text -

I will change the resolution figures. *But if you have a touch screen
overlay, as on the LX Map it is poor in the sun compared to the
Ultimate.
Checkout the pictures of the Ipaq 310, Ipaq 47xx *and these are not
even in bright sunlight. *The LX Map is similar.

One prominent *display manufacturer told me that if you want to ruin a
display for sunlight put a touch screen on it.

http://www.craggyaero.com/ultimate.htm

Richardwww.craggyaero.com- Hide quoted text -

Tim,

The LX Map is not a SeeYou Mobile supported device. Please see the
naviter site.

http://www.naviter.si/component/opti...8/topic,3506.0

As far as touch screen input. Almost everyone knows how to use a
mouse. The ball track or USB touch pad offered with the Ultimate are
much easier to use in the cockpit or in turbulence than a hand with a
pen. Most do not look at their mouse to control a PC. The same is
true of the Ultimate a mouse arrow is on the screen.

After 220 hours flying with the Ultimate this summer, I can assure you
that the ball track mouse is much easier to use than a touch screen.

Richard
www.craggyaero.com
Old September 13th 09, 03:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tim Mara[_2_]

apparently you have not actually used the LX Map for your evaluation...I
have an LX Map here running SeeYou and the info and set-up came direct from
Naviter. If you'd like I can send you excerpts from my messages with Andrej
Kolar when we first got the LX Maps and needed their assistance in the
initial set up.
tim

Old September 13th 09, 04:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Richard[_9_]

"Richard" wrote in message

[...]

I have used an LX Map. Most computers that have Windows CE 5.0 as a
operating system will run SeeYouMobile PNA. The biggest issues are
processing speed and visibility. The LX Map as of today is not
listed as a supported device by Naviter. Please check their website.

http://www.naviter.si/component/opti...8/topic,3506.0

I can tell you that the LX Map processing speed and visibiltiy in full
sun are not up to the standards set by the Ultimate.

Richard
www.craggyaero.com
Old September 13th 09, 06:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Peter Purdie[_3_]

I can understand that as it's Richard's product he could be highly
selective with the information presented. for example, the Clearnav is
not just a display and processor, for the price you get a complete system
including the GPS and IGC approved all-flights recorder.

The 'separate Nexus Board required' (actually strictly it isn't but
does allow substantial later system expansion) does let you put just the
display on a RAM mount to reduce cockpit system volume.

Control input has been discussed - I find the hand controller convenient
and intuitive, and far easier to use in turbulence than a touch screen or
tracker ball, and so have all the users I have spoken to.

And for most of us, power consumption is a significant factor. This is
where the ClearNav really scores in bright sunlight - here it is 20
degrees south of the equator, when an iPAQ 5500 was virtually unreadable.
By the way, it is on power save (400mA current).

I guess the sensible thing is for potential users of any system to look
at, and fly with a demo one, rather than trusting the salesman. Anyone
want a ride in the back of my ASH25?

Old September 13th 09, 06:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Richard[_9_]

On Sep 13, 10:30*am, Peter Purdie wrote:
[...]

Peter,

I agree with some of what you say. But you forgot to mention that
you were a ClearNav Dealer.

I also agree that Customers should look at all the units offered .
Any serious customers can get a demo from Craggy Aero.

Richard
www.craggyaero.com