FA: Cessna 150

Old September 18th 07, 07:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.marketplace,rec.aviation.misc,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Ed

Default FA: Cessna 150

http://301url.com/Cessna150

Old September 18th 07, 08:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.marketplace,rec.aviation.piloting
Larry Dighera

On Tue, 18 Sep 2007 12:29:21 -0600 (MDT),
(Ed) wrote in t:

http://301url.com/Cessna150

It looks like a nice clean aircraft. Are all the avionics and
instruments functional? What's the condition of the engine? Hours
since MOH, Top? When was the last annual inspection performed? Damage
history? Log books? Corrosion?
Old September 19th 07, 02:34 AM posted to rec.aviation.marketplace,rec.aviation.misc,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Brian Whatcott

On Tue, 18 Sep 2007 12:29:21 -0600 (MDT), (Ed) wrote:

http://301url.com/Cessna150

They go about $16K-$17K like this.....

Brian W
Old September 19th 07, 11:33 AM posted to rec.aviation.marketplace,rec.aviation.misc,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Vaughn Simon

"Brian Whatcott" wrote in message

They go about $16K-$17K like this.....

Like what? Except for engine/airframe hours, the description gives
virtually nothing of the usual information you expect in an advertisment to sell
a airplane. ...yet people seem to be bidding...

Vaughn

Old September 19th 07, 12:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.marketplace,rec.aviation.misc,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Brian Whatcott

On Wed, 19 Sep 2007 10:33:31 GMT, "Vaughn Simon"
wrote:

"Brian Whatcott" wrote in message
.. .

They go about $16K-$17K like this.....

Like what? Except for engine/airframe hours, the description gives
virtually nothing of the usual information you expect in an advertisment to sell
a airplane. ...yet people seem to be bidding...

Vaughn

I guess it's not red-hot news: when you run a multiple regression on
factors bearing on selling price of a 150, time since major counts,
airframe age counts less along with age. In fact, it's easy to model
using age AND TT where TT is a PLUS factor!
It's the nearest thing to a commodity airplane there is

Brian Whatcott Altus OK
Old September 21st 07, 02:33 AM posted to rec.aviation.marketplace,rec.aviation.misc,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
RadicalModerate[_2_]

wrote:

"Brian Whatcott" wrote in message

They go about $16K-$17K like this.....

Like what? Except for engine/airframe hours, the description gives
virtually nothing of the usual information you expect in an advertisment to sell
a airplane. ...yet people seem to be bidding...

Winning bid was $21.1k; at what hours will this 150 need a major overhaul?
(Seller claimed Total Time of 1757 hrs on plane and engine).

--
The published From: address is a trap.
Ron Paul 2008!
Old September 21st 07, 11:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.marketplace,rec.aviation.misc,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Vaughn Simon

"RadicalModerate" wrote in message
Winning bid was $21.1k; at what hours will this 150 need a major overhaul?
(Seller claimed Total Time of 1757 hrs on plane and engine).

Of more immediate concern, the seller said virtually nothing about today's
condition if the plane. If you bought it, could you even fly it home? I hope
the bidders took the trouble to find out before they bid. EBay is an amazing
place.

Vaughn

Old September 21st 07, 12:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.marketplace,rec.aviation.misc,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
B A R R Y[_2_]

Vaughn Simon wrote:

Of more immediate concern, the seller said virtually nothing about today's
condition if the plane. If you bought it, could you even fly it home? I hope
the bidders took the trouble to find out before they bid. EBay is an amazing
place.

You guys are aware that bidders can exchange messages with sellers
without the email being publicly posted, right?

Nobody but the buyer and seller really knows what information has been
exchanged.
Old September 21st 07, 11:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.marketplace,rec.aviation.misc,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Vaughn Simon

"B A R R Y" wrote in message
Vaughn Simon wrote:
You guys are aware that bidders can exchange messages with sellers without the
email being publicly posted, right?

Yes, I am aware of that.

Nobody but the buyer and seller really knows what information has been
exchanged.

Normally the buyer will share the questions and answers if he judges that
they will help the bidding.

Vaughn

Old September 22nd 07, 01:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.marketplace,rec.aviation.misc,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
B A R R Y

On Fri, 21 Sep 2007 22:26:58 GMT, "Vaughn Simon"
wrote:

Normally the buyer will share the questions and answers if he judges that
they will help the bidding.

What does "normally" mean? Buyers don't share questions, the seller
does. Why would a buyer inform his competition?

I've been selling on eBay since June, 1998. Ever since the "make
question public" feature was added, I make each decision as to post a
question public on a question by question basis. I think any seller
with a brain would. Would you post the answer to "What is a good
phone number, where I can call and get details?" to the auction page?
So every numbnuts with free LD or a VOIP connection can call me up?

For something like an airplane, car, or boat, it's really not unusual
to actually CALL the seller before the auction ends. I know folks who
have purchased rare cars and wrecked aircraft, after spending much
time on the phone with the seller. Same with "Trade-A-Plane"...

I think you guys read way too much into this. It's not like this is
a $50 cordless drill where you get questions like "Is the retail box
included?", which you share with all the world's watchers of the
auction.

Also, the N number is clearly visible in the photo, so required AD's,
registration history, even the owner's name and address wouldn't be
hard to obtain.

Cessna 206 Caki Piloting 10 June 27th 07 09:35 PM
Cessna 337 Capt. Mike Piloting 17 December 6th 06 04:33 PM
cessna 180 [email protected] Owning 2 August 7th 06 09:45 PM
cessna 180 [email protected] Piloting 1 August 4th 06 06:59 PM
Cessna 150 vs 152 Marty from Sunny Florida Owning 7 June 10th 04 02:42 AM