First Call -- You're Invited to TWO Oshkosh Parties!

Old May 7th 08, 02:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.student
Jay Honeck[_2_]

Default First Call -- You're Invited to TWO Oshkosh Parties!

Just two months and two weeks until OSH, ladies and gents! We're already
gearing up for two events this year designed by and for pilots:

1. 6th Annual Iowa City Fly-In Pool Party
http://www.alexisparkinn.com/iowa_city_pool_party.htm

Hard to believe it's been six years since you guys and gals helped us decide
to build the only aviation themed hotel in the Midwest -- and it's "pay-back
time"! For the sixth year in a row we'll be throwing the only fly-in pool
party in the world, in thanks to all pilots who have helped us make our
aviation dream a success.

Always held on the Saturday before OSH, we'll have food, refreshments,
music, swimming, and hangar flying -- all FREE. We'll have the Penguin
flight simulator set up so that you can practice the FISK approach into OSH
(it's especially challenging after a few beers), and a good time is
guaranteed for all.

We're close enough to walk from the airport -- but why bother? We'll come
fetch you in our courtesy van, and zip you right to the front door of the
inn. Spend a few hours, or spend the night. If we run out of room (which
we do most years), you're welcome to pitch your tent on the property --
free!

Here are some pix from last year's party:
http://www.alexisparkinn.com/2007_fly-in_pool_party.htm

2. H.O.P.S. Party
Also for the sixth year, our campsite in the North 40 a OSH will serve as
the base for the annual "HOPS" (Homebuilt, Owning, Piloting, Student)
rec.aviation party. Put together with the invaluable assistance of this
group's Jim & Tami Burns, Montblack, and Jack Allison, this annual shin-dig
is a great chance to put a face with the names you see in these newsgroups
every day.

Admission is, as always, a 6-pack (or more) of GOOD beer, preferably from
your home-base. Regional micro-brews are almost always met with
enthusiastic approval. Extra points are awarded if you can't see through
it! (Left coast exception: If you're from Kalifornia, regional wines are a
suitable substitute. Just be prepared to take some serious razzing...)

This party is held on Wednesday during Airventure, right after the airshow.
Because aircraft parking is "first-come, first-served" the location varies
each year, but finding us is simple. Just go to the EAA North 40 check-in
station (at the entrance to the North 40) and give them our "N" number or
last name. They will give you our precise campsite number, and vector you
in. (Note: Do this early in the day, or you may be surprised to find them
closed. Randomly finding someone -- even a big party -- in the North 40 is
"needle-in-a-haystack" stuff...)

Here are some pix from last year's party:
http://www.alexisparkinn.com/2007_hops_party.htm

And from 2006:
http://www.alexisparkinn.com/wed_-_north_40_party.htm

And from 2005:
http://www.alexisparkinn.com/wednesday1.htm

And, the most famous picture of all, from the very first HOPS Party:
http://tinyurl.com/6599f4

Well, you get the idea. Hope to see you at one or both!

:-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old May 7th 08, 04:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.student
RST Engineering

Regrets from the Left Coast. After 33/34 years of dragging a ton of
aluminum from Kalifornia to Winnebago County Airpatch, Gail and I have
decided that there are other things we want to do with our big summer splash
than OSH. We may make every OTHER year, or every THIRD year, but not EVERY
year.

Sun'n'Fun? Perhaps. Copperstate? Maybe. The fact of the matter is that I
got myself elected (fancy that) to three state positions with the Community
College folks and since last year I've been to conventions in New York
twice, Philly, Los Angeles four times, San Francisco half a dozen times, and
testifying at the Puzzle Palace in Sacratomato more times than I care to
count. Bottom line is that I'm about traveled out and I've still got a
Monterey trip in June, a Los Angeles trip in June, and a Washington DC trip
over the 4th of July weekend.

Besides which, I've gotta pull the prop and send it in for looksee. My
logbooks don't show that prop having been o/h since it was put on the bird
some 30 years ago.

Have one for me.

Jim

Old May 7th 08, 04:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.student
Al G[_1_]

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
Just two months and two weeks until OSH, ladies and gents! We're already
gearing up for two events this year designed by and for pilots:

good stuff snipped...

Well, you get the idea. Hope to see you at one or both!

:-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA
Pathfinder N56993
www.AlexisParkInn.com
"Your Aviation Destination"

It is a long shot, but I just might make it this year. A friend finished
an RV4, and I have been putting the 25hrs on it. It is for sale, and if it
hasn't sold by OSH, it may go east. If it does, I'll be there.

Al G

Old May 7th 08, 05:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.student
Jay Maynard

On 2008-05-07, Jay Honeck wrote:
Just two months and two weeks until OSH, ladies and gents! We're already
gearing up for two events this year designed by and for pilots:

1. 6th Annual Iowa City Fly-In Pool Party
http://www.alexisparkinn.com/iowa_city_pool_party.htm

I won' be able to make Oshkosh, but I'll try to come down for this one, at
least for the day.
--
Jay Maynard, K5ZC http://www.conmicro.com
Fairmont, MN (FRM) (Yes, that's me!)
Old May 7th 08, 05:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.student
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

"Jay Honeck" wrote in

[...]

I'll be the one peeing on your shoes.

Bertie
Old May 7th 08, 09:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.student
NW_Pilot

I may get to show up this year but it may be with a camera crew (I got
something in the cooker about ferrying/exporting aircraft) as for beer well
I think I can do that the you know the Soviet State of Washington on the
left coast has some seriously good micro brews.. lets see how may six packs
I can pack in a Cessna 400..... bawhahaha!!!! New owner wants to ride along
from osh.... to the UAE.

Old May 8th 08, 12:29 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.student
Lou

I'll go if Bertie goes.
Lou

Old May 8th 08, 12:46 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.student

I'm planning on doing OSH again this year (based out of Milwaukee and driving, I'm afraid). I've got a conference in
Detroit with some of my collegues from Mon-Thurs. Not exactly sure when we're going to bug out, but it will probably be Wed or
Thurs and I'd love to meet up on the North 40. Brew will be of the "home" variety....

-Cory

In rec.aviation.owning Jay Honeck wrote:
[...]

: :-)
: --
: Jay Honeck
: Iowa City, IA
: Pathfinder N56993
: www.AlexisParkInn.com
: "Your Aviation Destination"

* Cory Papenfuss, Ph.D. Electrical Engineering, PPSEL-IA *
* Research Associate, Vibrations and Acoustics Laboratory *
* Mechanical Engineering *

Old May 8th 08, 01:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.student
Jay Honeck[_2_]

Have one for me.

Jim

Augh! It won't be the same without you guys, Jim. Your "Apollo Suite" will
be occupied by...others. It ain't right.

Does Montblack still have your Oshkosh chairs? If so, we'll set 'em up in
the circle and drink a toast in your general direction.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old May 8th 08, 01:06 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.student
Jay Honeck[_2_]

It is a long shot, but I just might make it this year. A friend
finished an RV4, and I have been putting the 25hrs on it. It is for sale,
and if it hasn't sold by OSH, it may go east. If it does, I'll be there.

Eh? Your friend finished his RV-4, and immediately put it up for sale?

Whassup with that?
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA