Appearance

Old October 28th 06, 09:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Nyal Williams

Default Appearance

Has this site changed its appearance, or have I done
something to my PC? The page is all white and there
are no frames, dividing lines, etc.

Old October 28th 06, 09:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Wayne Paul

"Nyal Williams" wrote in message
Has this site changed its appearance, or have I done
something to my PC? The page is all white and there
are no frames, dividing lines, etc.

"... this site...? What site are you talking about?

Old October 28th 06, 09:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell

Nyal Williams wrote:
Has this site changed its appearance, or have I done
something to my PC? The page is all white and there
are no frames, dividing lines, etc.

How were you getting RAS before, and how are you getting it now? Usenet
newsreader (like Outlook Express and other programs use), from the web,
using a browser, or as email delivery from a web site like Google?

The "all white", etc, is what you will generally see if you get it with
a newsreader; the other methods will often have the frames, etc.

--
Eric Greenwell - Washington State, USA

"Transponders in Sailplanes" on the Soaring Safety Foundation website
www.soaringsafety.org/prevention/articles.html

"A Guide to Self-launching Sailplane Operation" at www.motorglider.org
Old October 29th 06, 10:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Nyal Williams

I have always subscribed to glider net through Mozila
Firefox. I had some PC problems and a few things were
changed about my home page. I tried to restore all
the appearances and have succeeded in all but getting
r.a.s.

When I first got back on I saw a message, I thought
from the administrator, saying that r.a.s. had some
problems because he had been devoting his time to the
European part of r.a.s. and that he would return to
this part of r.a.s. 'soon.'

That is the source of my confusion and I just wanted
to know if the appearance of r.a.s. had changed for
anyone else.

At 20:42 28 October 2006, Eric Greenwell wrote:
Nyal Williams wrote:
Has this site changed its appearance, or have I done
something to my PC? The page is all white and there
are no frames, dividing lines, etc.

How were you getting RAS before, and how are you getting
it now? Usenet
newsreader (like Outlook Express and other programs
use), from the web,
using a browser, or as email delivery from a web site
like Google?

The 'all white', etc, is what you will generally see
if you get it with
a newsreader; the other methods will often have the
frames, etc.

--
Eric Greenwell - Washington State, USA
Change 'netto' to 'net' to email me directly

'Transponders in Sailplanes' on the Soaring Safety
Foundation website
www.soaringsafety.org/prevention/articles.html

'A Guide to Self-launching Sailplane Operation' at
www.motorglider.org

Old October 30th 06, 08:52 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bert Willing

Nyal,

this is a newgroup and has no design - just messages.
How these messages are displayed depends on what you use as a display - a
newsgroup reader like Outlook Express or Eudora, or a web site.

Bert