TSA Alien training/citizenship validation rule

Old December 27th 04, 10:09 AM
Jay Beckman

"Sylvain" wrote in message
Jay Beckman wrote:

Here in Arizona, you seemingly can't swing an A&P by his extension cord
without hitting a Piper with the blue and yellow of Lufthansa on it.

The "Boys (and Girls) From Berlin" are major participants in the GA
system of the western United States.

So too, I believe, are pilots training for SAS (the airline, not the
British Military.)

and the pilots of JAL over in Napa; but I somehow don't think they
will be much affected by the new rules (all taken care of by their
employers, they won't even know it); besides, I wouldn't be
surprised if there weren't any exemption in place for such training
arrangements in the first place.

--Sylvain

Interesting point...

However, the two times that I've been able to say hello to any of the
Lufthansa folks, the IP flying with them said they were just "run of the
mill" freelance CFIs.

So honestly, I'm not sure what the employment situation is for these
instructors or for the contracted operations with whom the "ab initio"
pilots are flying.

Jay B

Old December 27th 04, 10:58 AM
Thomas Borchert

Jay,

Here in Arizona, you seemingly can't swing an A&P by his extension cord
without hitting a Piper with the blue and yellow of Lufthansa on it.

Exactly my point. They have set up a school outside Germany. And no GA in
Germany is needed - at all. Same for JAL. So how, pray, tell, would a GA
pilot in Germany explain to his government that GA in Germany is needed as
a birthplace for future LH pilots?

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

Old December 27th 04, 12:28 PM
Larry Dighera

On Mon, 27 Dec 2004 09:25:14 +0100, Martin Hotze
wrote in ::

how do you come to 25%? exchange rate is at 1.35 or so.

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/bc?s=EURUSD=X&t=2y
Old December 27th 04, 01:13 PM
Denny

Matin, Martin, tsk, tsk, tsk... Remember DAS LIED DER DEUTSCHEN! Their
attitude is exactly what got them selected for professional pilot
training...

Denny
and those of you ugly americans who are not blond and blue eyed, will
be dealt with once we are in charge...

Old December 27th 04, 05:40 PM
RobsSanta

and the pilots of JAL over in Napa; but I somehow don't think they
will be much affected by the new rules (all taken care of by their

Or the Air China ones flying out of Ryan

Rob

Old December 27th 04, 05:43 PM
RobsSanta

Remember all the restrictions on rental trucks back after the WTC bombing
and
Oklahoma City?

Good point. Where I come from, they don't even need a rental truck

Rob

Old December 27th 04, 07:49 PM

Jay wrote :
So honestly, I'm not sure what the employment situation is for these
instructors or for the contracted operations with whom the "ab initio"

pilots are flying.

I've known a few instructors that worked for the Lufthansa training
centers in Arizona. They were basically freelance CFIs contracting
with the schools. I imagine that they will have to meet the same
requirements as any other instructor that teaches foreign students, but
my guess is that the school will take care of the bulk of the paperwork
and reporting requirements for them. It is, after all, a very large
high-dollar organization (have you seen their private, towered airport
in Mobile, AZ?).

John Galban=====N4BQ (PA28-180)

Old December 27th 04, 08:26 PM
Jay Beckman

wrote in message
oups.com...
Jay wrote :
So honestly, I'm not sure what the employment situation is for these
instructors or for the contracted operations with whom the "ab initio"

pilots are flying.

I've known a few instructors that worked for the Lufthansa training
centers in Arizona. They were basically freelance CFIs contracting
with the schools. I imagine that they will have to meet the same
requirements as any other instructor that teaches foreign students, but
my guess is that the school will take care of the bulk of the paperwork
and reporting requirements for them. It is, after all, a very large
high-dollar organization (have you seen their private, towered airport
in Mobile, AZ?).

John Galban=====N4BQ (PA28-180)

Hi John,

Yup, I've seen it while on the way to Yuma via the Gila Bend VORTAC.

Hope you had a great Christmas!

Jay Beckman
PP-ASEL
Chandler, AZ

Old December 28th 04, 06:44 PM
Roger

On Mon, 27 Dec 2004 09:40:12 +0100, Thomas Borchert
wrote:

RobsSanta,

Does the TSA actually believe that this stupid rule is actually going to
stop those who intend the US harm, from obtaining flight training from other
sources.

No, they believe the public will feel better with this rule in place, which in
turn will allow those running the TSA to remain in power since the public will
vote for them. But you probably knew that...

Remember all the restrictions on rental trucks back after the WTC bombing and
Oklahoma City?

Errr... No?

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com
Old December 29th 04, 09:27 AM
Thomas Borchert

Roger,

Remember all the restrictions on rental trucks back after the WTC bombing and
Oklahoma City?

Errr... No?

My point.

--