High Price of Flying Wires?

Old September 29th 03, 08:46 AM
Del Rawlins

On 28 Sep 2003 09:11 PM, Barnyard BOb -- posted the following:

Have you tried Evelyn Woods speed reading? If not --
Shouldn't take over 2 more diesel advantaged hours to check out....

Thanks for the links. No doubt that would allow me to waste time on the
net, faster. 8^)

Barnyard BOb -- the diesels are coming, the diesels are coming, the
disels are coming, the diesels are coming, the diesels are coming

No need for the warning, we should be able to hear/smell them well in
advance. I plan to have the first Bearhawk equipped with chrome stacks,
and mudflaps on my wheel pants, complete with the chrome reclining lady.
I just hope it doesn't lead the a re-start of the thread concerning the
use of starting fluid....

Del Rawlins-
Remove _kills_spammers_ to reply via email.
Unofficial Bearhawk FAQ website:
http://www.rawlinsbrothers.org/bhfaq/
Old September 29th 03, 12:10 PM
Model Flyer

"Del Rawlins" wrote in
message ...
On 28 Sep 2003 09:11 PM, Barnyard BOb -- posted the following:

Have you tried Evelyn Woods speed reading? If not --
Shouldn't take over 2 more diesel advantaged hours to check

out....

Thanks for the links. No doubt that would allow me to waste time

on the
net, faster. 8^)

You may be able to read it faster, however that would be no advantage
as the download would still take just as long, read it quick enough
and you just sit waiting for that extra hour or two.

--

..

Old September 29th 03, 12:41 PM
Barnyard BOb --

Have you tried Evelyn Woods speed reading? If not --
Shouldn't take over 2 more diesel advantaged hours to check out....

Thanks for the links. No doubt that would allow me to waste time on the
net, faster. 8^)

No bout a doubt it.

Barnyard BOb -- the diesels are coming, the diesels are coming, the
disels are coming, the diesels are coming, the diesels are coming

No need for the warning, we should be able to hear/smell them well in
advance. I plan to have the first Bearhawk equipped with chrome stacks,
and mudflaps on my wheel pants, complete with the chrome reclining lady.
I just hope it doesn't lead the a re-start of the thread concerning the
use of starting fluid....

Del Rawlins-

You've got larger problems looming than starting fluid headed your
way. If you believe giving up Alaskan gasoline for jet fuel is a
solution....what about conditioning your dirty diesel fuel so it
remains thinner and cleaner than your favorite jam or jelly when
the temps tank and the fuel injectors go on strike?

Gonna start stocking up on 55 gallon drums of Prist and other
assorted diesel conditioning essentials now.... or just whimp
and limp along as a part time summer jet fuel jockey? ;-)

Barnyard BOb --

Old September 29th 03, 03:09 PM
Barnyard BOb --

Barnyard BOb -- the diesels are coming, the diesels are coming, the
disels are coming, the diesels are coming, the diesels are coming

No need for the warning, we should be able to hear/smell them well in
advance. I plan to have the first Bearhawk equipped with chrome stacks,
and mudflaps on my wheel pants, complete with the chrome reclining lady.

Del Rawlins

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Hot off the AVflash press...

"JET-A FOR GA PROGRESS CONTINUES ... OVERSEAS
The French engine-builder SMA received Supplementary Type Certificates
this month from the French aviation agency, DGAC, that OK its Jet
A-burning diesel SR305-230 piston engine for installation on the C-182
and the F182 (produced by French aircraft manufacturer Reims Aviation
Industries). FAA validation is expected to follow shortly, according
to SMA. A flight demonstration tour will begin by the end of October,
with stops in the United Kingdom and across Europe, using a 182 owned
by Aviation sans Frontieres, the first to be fitted with the engine.
SMA says its engine will go 3,000 hours before overhaul, and is easy
to maintain, reliable, user-friendly, and good for the environment."

Wanna guess what these puppies are gonna sell for? ---

Barnyard BOb -- can't even afford a wild arse guess

Old September 29th 03, 04:20 PM
Del Rawlins

On 29 Sep 2003 03:41 AM, Barnyard BOb -- posted the following:

You've got larger problems looming than starting fluid headed your
way. If you believe giving up Alaskan gasoline for jet fuel is a
solution....what about conditioning your dirty diesel fuel so it
remains thinner and cleaner than your favorite jam or jelly when
the temps tank and the fuel injectors go on strike?

Been there, done that (grew up in family freight business driving trucks).
Mine will be burning Jet A, assuming I use a diesel. Jet fuel seems to
work fine for the commercial operators here all through the winter.

Gonna start stocking up on 55 gallon drums of Prist and other
assorted diesel conditioning essentials now.... or just whimp
and limp along as a part time summer jet fuel jockey? ;-)

To be honest, my airplane will probably spend most of the winter
hangared for other reasons. Most of the places I am interested in
flying to are reachable only on floats, so aside from the possible
occasional run on skis to check on the cabin or whatever, I don't
anticipate a lot of winter flying.

Old September 30th 03, 01:42 AM
Del Rawlins

On 29 Sep 2003 03:10 AM, Model Flyer posted the following:

"Del Rawlins" wrote in
message ...
On 28 Sep 2003 09:11 PM, Barnyard BOb -- posted the following:

Have you tried Evelyn Woods speed reading? If not --
Shouldn't take over 2 more diesel advantaged hours to check

out....

Thanks for the links. No doubt that would allow me to waste time

on the
net, faster. 8^)

You may be able to read it faster, however that would be no advantage
as the download would still take just as long, read it quick enough
and you just sit waiting for that extra hour or two.

Two words: cable modem.

Old September 30th 03, 11:40 PM
JDupre5762

. The high labor costs in maintaining
and particularly recovering fabric covered aircraft is one of the reason

Piper
builds Cherokees today and not Cubs even though the cost of materials for

a Cub
are probably still cheaper than the cost of aluminum for a Cherokee.

And - Boeing would build 767's out of Sitka Spruce !!! :-))))))))

Rich "Real airplanes are woodie's!!" S

I wonder if aircraft quality Sitka Spruce isn't more expensive than aluminum?!

John Dupre'
Old October 1st 03, 12:25 AM
Rich S.

"JDupre5762" wrote in message

I wonder if aircraft quality Sitka Spruce isn't more expensive than

aluminum?!

That's what I meant !

Takes a bit more time to craft, as well.

Rich S.

Old October 1st 03, 12:34 AM
Morgans

"Rich S." wrote in message
"JDupre5762" wrote in message

I wonder if aircraft quality Sitka Spruce isn't more expensive than

aluminum?!

That's what I meant !

Takes a bit more time to craft, as well.

Rich S.

Yes, but cutting wood smells better than cutting aluminum or fiberglass.g
--
Jim in NC

rec.aviation.aerobatics FAQ Dr. Guenther Eichhorn Aerobatics 0 December 1st 03 07:27 AM
rec.aviation.aerobatics FAQ Dr. Guenther Eichhorn Aerobatics 0 November 1st 03 07:27 AM
rec.aviation.aerobatics FAQ Dr. Guenther Eichhorn Aerobatics 0 September 1st 03 07:27 AM
Drag - Anti/Drag Wires log Home Built 3 August 28th 03 07:06 AM
High performance homebuilt in the UK NigelPocock Home Built 0 August 18th 03 08:35 PM