8710 for CFII

Old April 5th 07, 04:10 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Steven Barnes

Default 8710 for CFII

I hate to admit it, but I'm not sure which boxes to check on the 8710 for my
upcoming CFII checkride. *My* CFI is away for a couple days & I just wanted
to get the IACRA app filled out ahead of time.

For the initial ride, I checked Airplane Single Engine, Flight Instructor &
"Initial". Would this one be "Additional Instructor" ? Ugh, I feel like
I've failed my ride & I haven't even filled out the form yet... :-)

--

CP-ASEL, instrument, CFI

Old April 5th 07, 04:39 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Robert M. Gary

On Apr 4, 8:10 pm, "Steven Barnes" wrote:
I hate to admit it, but I'm not sure which boxes to check on the 8710 for my
upcoming CFII checkride. *My* CFI is away for a couple days & I just wanted
to get the IACRA app filled out ahead of time.

For the initial ride, I checked Airplane Single Engine, Flight Instructor &
"Initial". Would this one be "Additional Instructor" ? Ugh, I feel like
I've failed my ride & I haven't even filled out the form yet... :-)

--

CP-ASEL, instrument, CFI

"additional instructor" and "instrument rating"? Strange that the 8710
isn't at all like the tickets themselves. BTW: Make sure you have all
3 endorsements (checkride, written review, 60 days).

-robert, CFII

Old April 5th 07, 01:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Bill Zaleski

On 4 Apr 2007 20:39:42 -0700, "Robert M. Gary"
wrote:

On Apr 4, 8:10 pm, "Steven Barnes" wrote:
I hate to admit it, but I'm not sure which boxes to check on the 8710 for my
upcoming CFII checkride. *My* CFI is away for a couple days & I just wanted
to get the IACRA app filled out ahead of time.

For the initial ride, I checked Airplane Single Engine, Flight Instructor &
"Initial". Would this one be "Additional Instructor" ? Ugh, I feel like
I've failed my ride & I haven't even filled out the form yet... :-)

--

CP-ASEL, instrument, CFI

"additional instructor" and "instrument rating"? Strange that the 8710
isn't at all like the tickets themselves. BTW: Make sure you have all
3 endorsements (checkride, written review, 60 days).

-robert, CFII

The 60 day endorsement does not apply to CFI practical tests.

Old April 5th 07, 03:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

wrote:

On Apr 4, 8:10 pm, "Steven Barnes" wrote:
I hate to admit it, but I'm not sure which boxes to check on the 8710 for my
upcoming CFII checkride. *My* CFI is away for a couple days & I just wanted
to get the IACRA app filled out ahead of time.

For the initial ride, I checked Airplane Single Engine, Flight Instructor &
"Initial". Would this one be "Additional Instructor" ? Ugh, I feel like
I've failed my ride & I haven't even filled out the form yet... :-)

--

CP-ASEL, instrument, CFI

"additional instructor" and "instrument rating"? Strange that the 8710
isn't at all like the tickets themselves. BTW: Make sure you have all
3 endorsements (checkride, written review, 60 days).

-robert, CFII

The 60 day endorsement does not apply to CFI practical tests.- Hide quoted text -

I do still need to get the logbook endorsement for receiving training
under 61.187 (b)(7) *i think this is the right one*, and review of
questions I missed on the FII written. That should happen in a couple
days. I just need to figure out which checkboxes to hit on the 8710.

Anyone have any advice for the ride? Questions that stumped them? Cool
things they learned from the examiner during the ride?

Old April 5th 07, 03:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Bill Zaleski

wrote:

On Apr 4, 8:10 pm, "Steven Barnes" wrote:
I hate to admit it, but I'm not sure which boxes to check on the 8710 for my
upcoming CFII checkride. *My* CFI is away for a couple days & I just wanted
to get the IACRA app filled out ahead of time.

For the initial ride, I checked Airplane Single Engine, Flight Instructor &
"Initial". Would this one be "Additional Instructor" ? Ugh, I feel like
I've failed my ride & I haven't even filled out the form yet... :-)

--

CP-ASEL, instrument, CFI

"additional instructor" and "instrument rating"? Strange that the 8710
isn't at all like the tickets themselves. BTW: Make sure you have all
3 endorsements (checkride, written review, 60 days).

-robert, CFII

On the IACRA application software, select new application for
Instructor, not pilot, then within step #2, select flight instructor,
Part 61, and added instrument rating. You do not even have the option
of selecting CP-ASEL, instrument, since you are not altering your
pilot certificate. There are no boxes to check like there are on a
paper application.

Old April 5th 07, 06:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Robert M. Gary

wrote:

On Apr 4, 8:10 pm, "Steven Barnes" wrote:
I hate to admit it, but I'm not sure which boxes to check on the 8710 for my
upcoming CFII checkride. *My* CFI is away for a couple days & I just wanted
to get the IACRA app filled out ahead of time.

For the initial ride, I checked Airplane Single Engine, Flight Instructor &
"Initial". Would this one be "Additional Instructor" ? Ugh, I feel like
I've failed my ride & I haven't even filled out the form yet... :-)

--

CP-ASEL, instrument, CFI

"additional instructor" and "instrument rating"? Strange that the 8710
isn't at all like the tickets themselves. BTW: Make sure you have all
3 endorsements (checkride, written review, 60 days).

-robert, CFII

The 60 day endorsement does not apply to CFI practical tests.- Hide quoted text -

No, in fact we had a CFI checkride scrubed by the DE because the
instructor forgot the 60 day endorsement.

-Robert

Old April 5th 07, 06:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Robert M. Gary

On Apr 4, 8:10 pm, "Steven Barnes" wrote:
I hate to admit it, but I'm not sure which boxes to check on the 8710 for my
upcoming CFII checkride. *My* CFI is away for a couple days & I just wanted
to get the IACRA app filled out ahead of time.

For the initial ride, I checked Airplane Single Engine, Flight Instructor &
"Initial". Would this one be "Additional Instructor" ? Ugh, I feel like
I've failed my ride & I haven't even filled out the form yet... :-)

--

CP-ASEL, instrument, CFI

Hey, why are you using an 8710? I thought the FAA was only accepting
those in situations where you can show that you don't have access to a
PC. All our checkrides are doing using the online system. Its much
easier to use, and it figure out what boxes to do for you.

-robert

Old April 5th 07, 06:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Robert M. Gary

wrote:

[...]

things they learned from the examiner during the ride?- Hide quoted text -

Know the insides of all the pitot static instruments, be able to talk
about annoyed waffers a lot. Expect to be read several clearances and
be asked which ones are complete (include the necessary elements).
Memorize all the part 61 requirements for the instrument rating
applicant. Have a complete set of lesson plans for a simulated student
( I just printed some off the web from another CFII applicant ).
The flight itself was probably the easiest ride I've had outside of my
two sea checkrides.

-Robert, CFII (land and sea)

Old April 5th 07, 06:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Ron Natalie

Robert M. Gary wrote:

Know the insides of all the pitot static instruments, be able to talk
about annoyed waffers a lot.

mmmmmmmmm...annnerrroid waaaffferrs...mm

Old April 5th 07, 07:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Bill Zaleski

wrote:

[...]

Well then, the DE is wrong. There is no requirement. The requirement
is in the Part 61 FAR's under aeronautical experience (IF required)
for each certificate or rating sought. It is not required for CFI's
or ATP applicants, but is for all other certificates and ratings. The
DE's cannot make up their own rules. Your CFI applicant got screwed
because the DE didn't know the rules he is held to as a designated
examiner. The rules are not negotiable between FSDO's. An
application signed by a recommending CFI for another CFI applicant is
actually good forever and does not expire in 60 days like most others
do. FAR 61.39 (a) (6) requires the 60 day endorsement only IF
required elsewhere in the Part 61 regs.

-Robert