Upgrading Graphics card fo HP Pavillion A420N

Old February 29th 04, 05:46 PM
Harold A. Climer

Default Upgrading Graphics card fo HP Pavillion A420N

Hello All.
I have as HP Pavilion A420N with 64 MB shared
graphics memory,( 512 total), and I would like to upgrade to an AGP
card.
The computer supports AGP 2X and I was wondering which of
the ATI Radeon cards would give the most bang for the buck?
Is the 9800 pro is really to much for my machine?( Not cost because
I can get it for less that $275.00). Since it supports AGP 8X is this
card a waste? I was also looking at the 9600. Any recommendations most
welcome. Is there such a thing as the 9700?
Harold A. Climer
Dept.Of Physics,Geology,and Astronomy
University of Tennessee at Chattanooga
Chattanooga TN USA 37403
Old February 29th 04, 05:53 PM
Harold A. Climer

On Sun, 29 Feb 2004 17:46:18 GMT, Harold A. Climer
wrote:

Hello All.
I have as HP Pavilion A420N with 64 MB shared
graphics memory,( 512 total), and I would like to upgrade to an AGP
card.
The computer supports AGP 2X and I was wondering which of
the ATI Radeon cards would give the most bang for the buck?
Is the 9800 pro is really to much for my machine?( Not cost because
I can get it for less that $275.00). Since it supports AGP 8X is this
card a waste? I was also looking at the 9600. Any recommendations most
welcome. Is there such a thing as the 9700?
Harold A. Climer
Dept.Of Physics,Geology,and Astronomy
University of Tennessee at Chattanooga
Chattanooga TN USA 37403

I also fo got to ask where can I get a serial to USB adapter for my
Microsoft Sidewinder joy stick? I lost the one that came with it and
my new computer does not have a game port yet. It will if I ever get a
sound card.
Harold A. Climer
Dept.Of Physics,Geology,and Astronomy
University of Tennessee at Chattanooga
Chattanooga TN USA 37403

Pirep: Garmin GPSMAP 296 versus 295. (very long) Jon Woellhaf Piloting 12 September 4th 04 11:55 PM
Graphics Card Shiver Simulators 5 January 29th 04 09:05 PM
What Graphics Card david bazley Simulators 3 January 22nd 04 03:12 AM
Graphics card ?? Pilot Pete Simulators 5 January 14th 04 07:48 PM
Best graphics card for FS9 ? George A. Gross Jr Simulators 5 October 13th 03 09:42 AM