Gliding International Magazine!!

Old January 4th 08, 02:33 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Hanson

Default Gliding International Magazine!!

Since no one has posted anything about this yet..After
getting the Tom Knauf e-newsletter (recommended BTW
if you don't already get it) stating John Roak is undertaking
a new soaring publication called ' Gliding International'
I emailed John and here was his response:

Hi Paul,

Such is the response to Tom’s newsletter, that I am
going to need every spare copy of our January issue
for all the new subscriptions we have received today.
But the thought was very nice and I appreciate it.
Plan on attending the 2009 SSA convention, never
have, but this year I am steward at the World’s in
Rieti (Italy) so that takes care of our overseas travel
this year..

So . . . .

Thank you for your enquiry as a result of Tom’s ‘splerge’
in his latest newsletter.
We are overwhelm with the response which ensures that
Gliding International is here to stay.

Here are the options:

A one year sub by first class airmail is $US52.00
A two year sub by first class airmail is $US100.00

Currently the magazine issues are January/March/May/July/Sept/Nove
mber.
(Six per annum). Once circulation reaches 2000 copies,
the magazine will be go to 11 issues per annum
and current subscribers will get the increased copies
at no addition costs until subscription renewal.

You can pay by credit card (Visa or MasterCard) or
you can airmail you own personal US cheque which we
no problem negotiating.

If you are anxious about sending credit card details
by email, please send the details to us spread over
two emails.
Alternatively you can fax us those details to ++64-7-571-4171.
or even ring me on ++64-7-571-4161.

If you confirm by email that you cheque is in the mail,
we will action your first copy (January issue) in advance
of the arrival of the cheque.

DON’T FORGET TO PROVIDE YOUR POSTAL ADDRESS AND THE
EXPIRY DATE TO YOUR CARD DETAILS.

WELCOME ABOARD ! ! ! I have been writing about gliding
issues for 41 years, am a former first vice president
of IGC
and a former president of Gliding New Zealand. I have
a very extensive spread of correspondents around the
world,
so the news we publish is always current and accurate.

I look forward to hearing from you again

Warm regards

JOHN ROAKE.
79 FIFTH AVENUE
TAURANGA
NEW ZEALAND

P.S. Our web site will not be complete for at least
another 10 days due Christmas/New Year holidays in
our neck of the woods

His email is: John Roake

It goes without saying that this will be a top notch
publication.

Paul

Old January 4th 08, 03:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Hi,

I received the first issue of "Gliding International" and it is very
impressive. I look forward to future editions.

Good Soaring,

Paul Remde

Old January 6th 08, 12:13 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
smithcorp

On Jan 4, 2:12*pm, "Paul Remde" wrote:
[...]

Paul- Hide quoted text -

Hi - have any Australians received copies of either of the NZ gliding
magazines yet? I'm a new member of GNZ and wondering if they'll ship
my magazine over the ditch...
Old January 24th 08, 12:31 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
rlovinggood

Amazing!

Ordered on 16 JAN 08 and received on 23 JAN 08! (That's from New
Zealand to the east coast of North Carolina, USA)

In the mean time, the U.S. Postal Service still has not delivered the
December issue of "Soaring"... (I called SSA a couple of days ago and
they are sending a replacement issue.)

Ray Lovinggood