Question about Routing/Airport Selection

Old November 17th 08, 05:35 PM
TERPFAN TERPFAN is offline
Junior Member

Default Question about Routing/Airport Selection

Hello,

I am not a pilot, nor an aviation enthusiast, but I do have a question that hopefully you folks can help me with.

If a plane were to be chartered to transport a passenger from Birmingham, AL to College Park, MD, what type of travel time would we be looking at?
Would a plane traveling this distance be capable of landing at the nearby College Park Airport (CGS), or would it need to land at a major DC/Baltimore area airport instead?

Here is why I ask:
The University of Maryland football team is playing this Saturday night in College Park, MD. We will be playing FSU in game that could clinch a berth in the ACC Championship Game. One of FSU's star safeties will be getting interviewed in Birmingham for a Rhodes Scholarship on the same day. The interview is not supposed to end until 6pm EST time, and the game is at 7:45 EST. I am trying to figure out how far into the game the gifted FSU player will be arriving.

Here is a link:
http://www.collegefootballtalk.com/2...des-interview/

Thanks for all the help.

396 and routing dlevy Piloting 4 April 21st 06 05:11 PM
396 and routing.... dlevy Instrument Flight Rules 2 April 20th 06 10:47 PM
Airport Deicing Question [email protected] Piloting 3 October 13th 05 03:26 AM
Question about Gibraltar Airport LXGB Andrea da lontano Piloting 1 July 5th 05 09:22 PM
non-towered airport question Snowbird Piloting 48 January 19th 04 02:58 PM