A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » General Aviation
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Question about Routing/Airport Selection

Old November 17th 08, 05:35 PM

First recorded activity by AviationBanter: Nov 2008
Default Question about Routing/Airport Selection

Hello,

I am not a pilot, nor an aviation enthusiast, but I do have a question that hopefully you folks can help me with.

If a plane were to be chartered to transport a passenger from Birmingham, AL to College Park, MD, what type of travel time would we be looking at?
Would a plane traveling this distance be capable of landing at the nearby College Park Airport (CGS), or would it need to land at a major DC/Baltimore area airport instead?

Here is why I ask:
The University of Maryland football team is playing this Saturday night in College Park, MD. We will be playing FSU in game that could clinch a berth in the ACC Championship Game. One of FSU's star safeties will be getting interviewed in Birmingham for a Rhodes Scholarship on the same day. The interview is not supposed to end until 6pm EST time, and the game is at 7:45 EST. I am trying to figure out how far into the game the gifted FSU player will be arriving.

Here is a link:
http://www.collegefootballtalk.com/2...des-interview/

Thanks for all the help.