FS 2004 on modest hardware

Old February 22nd 04, 12:37 PM
thedeerhunter270

Default FS 2004 on modest hardware

I've got a 1Ghz Duron PC with a NVidia 16Mb AGP card.

So, should I buy FS 2004 now, or wait until I get a better PC?

tdh
Old February 22nd 04, 09:37 PM
Peter Duniho

"thedeerhunter270" wrote in message
s.com...
I've got a 1Ghz Duron PC with a NVidia 16Mb AGP card.

So, should I buy FS 2004 now, or wait until I get a better PC?

I certainly wouldn't bother. You'd probably be better served by picking up
a used (and cheap) copy of FS98 instead. You could run FS2004 with the
graphics settings turned down low, and it would work fine, but what would
the point in that be?

Pete

Old February 23rd 04, 12:07 PM
jafar

On Sun, 22 Feb 2004 11:37:26 +0000, thedeerhunter270 wrote:

I've got a 1Ghz Duron PC with a NVidia 16Mb AGP card.

So, should I buy FS 2004 now, or wait until I get a better PC?

tdh

I could say yeah go for it!, but based on my experience, maybe you should
wait.
I have satisfactory results from my setup..

AthlonXP 2000+
512Mb RAM
Geforce4 ti4200 128Mb

All sliders at medium-high (not maxed) with 2xQ FSAA set on the card.
1280x1024 gets me 15-25fps in most situations (locked at 25fps)

Hope that helps

--
jafar

Old March 1st 04, 07:31 AM
Jack Straight

"Peter Duniho" wrote
"thedeerhunter270" wrote in message
s.com...

I've got a 1Ghz Duron PC with a NVidia 16Mb AGP card.

So, should I buy FS 2004 now, or wait until I get a better PC?

I certainly wouldn't bother. You'd probably be better served by
picking up a used (and cheap) copy of FS98 instead.

Or Flight Unlimited III for decent scenery and good looking instrument
panels.

Old March 3rd 04, 01:47 AM
Tlewis95

I have a .5 GHz with 16 MB video card
and runs ok with medium/high graphics but AI really boggs it down

GO FOR IT!
Old March 7th 04, 09:47 AM
Oceanier

FS2004 is a major improvement over previous versions. And, if you
enjoy flying like I do, you want the scenery and aircraft to be as
realistic-looking as possible. I would wait to get a better PC, if you
can afford it. They're so cheap now. I have a refurbed Dell Dimension
(P4 2.53g) and its great. It needs more memory, but it still runs
great. Definitely upgrade your video card much higher than 16MB if
you want to get the most out of FS2004.

SimRadar.com - Search Engine, Downloads, Videos, News and more