Unusual Distractions

Old July 20th 07, 11:58 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Adhominem

Default Unusual Distractions

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:

Bwaahwhahwhahhwhahwhahhw!

I just wanted to point out to you that by responding to MX with content-free
posts, you do nothing but lower the signal/noise ratio even further.

In other words, plonk.
Old July 20th 07, 08:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_19_]

Adhominem wrote in
:

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:

Bwaahwhahwhahhwhahwhahhw!

I just wanted to point out to you that by responding to MX with
content-free posts, you do nothing but lower the signal/noise ratio
even further.

Uh yes, I know.

This is news to you?

In other words, plonk.

And thus the signal/noise ratio is lowered even further by letting everyone
know.

Bertie
Old July 20th 07, 08:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_19_]

"DougS" wrote in
:

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message
.. .
"DougS" wrote in
news:XqWdnXlBhZDytD3bnZ2dnUVZ_hWdnZ2d@wideopenwest .com:

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message
.. .
Mxsmanic wrote in
news
writes:

Only a pontificating twit would automaticaly equate alcohol with
drugs.

Ethanol is a mind-altering drug. That's why people consume it.

Strip joints contain real people and social interaction, neither
of which you seem to hold any interest for you.

Strip joints contain a category of people I'd prefer to avoid.

Pilots, obviously.

Bertie

That gets me wondering how many pilots are actually at the strip
club by DTW (appropriately named 'Flight Club') lol

Why do you think those things are always near an airport?

One of our guys got tossed out of the Pink Pussycat in MIA for lewd
behavior. Limbo under that one!

Bertie

There's a Deja Vu in San Diego that's pretty close to SAN (IIRC
there's a Dirty Dan's that is/was closer). But it (the Deja Vu) is
*much* closer (practically across the street from) MCRD and the (now
closed) NTC. Nothing like "reminding em what they are fighting for,"
eh?

OK enough noise about strip clubs. But...hmmmm....that could be an
interesting Social Ecology study, wouldn't it? (I mean an examination
of the demographics of the patrons of strip clubs within - say - a
couple miles of an airport. Well, at least the data gathering could
be ALOT of fun g

Heh he. true.
I suppose the reason that they're out at the airport is cheap rent.
I don't go for them myself. One pimply ass looks pretty much like the
next. I was in one excellent one years ago, Trader john's in Pensacola.
It's worth a visit just for the model airplanes on the ceiling, the
props on the walls, and the endless memorabilia of Navy aces and the
Blue angels scattered about. Trader John himself was like Popeye or
something out of a John Wayne movie (think William Demerest) and the
girls were all gorgeous and the dancing was as classy as it gets for a
place like this. I doubt it's the same now...

Bertie

Old July 21st 07, 10:38 PM posted to alt.global-warming,rec.aviation.piloting
Dudley Henriques[_2_]

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
"DougS" wrote in
:

writes:

[...]

Hey Bertie, you're bringing up some good ole' memories here buddy:-))
The way I get the story is that after Marty Weissman died in 2000 Bob
Stumpf from the Blues got together a consortium of the Navy guys down
there and tried to keep the place open, but it failed. Some guy named
Heckemeyer bought it from the Weismann estate and tried to make a go of
it, but it just wasn't the same without Marty. (Nor could it ever be in
my opinion anyway :-)
My understanding now is that the bar is gone and the Navy has all the
stuff that was there including a photo of Skip Umstead and me cavorting
at the bar.
We almost hatched a plan one night after having a few to sneak into
Marty's bedroom while he was sleeping and put a matching pair of socks
on his feet and take a picture for posterity. Marty had a standing bet
that he would pay any of us 100,000 bucks if we caught him wearing the
same color socks, which of course never happened.
Ah...the good ole days. Trader's was right up there with Pancho's and a
few other "places of honor" I could mention scattered around the
country, but Trader's was and always will be special for the guys who
went through there at Pensacola.
Hell, "Foggy"..(John Fogg from the Blues) became the mayor of Pensacola
:-))
Dudley Henriques
Old July 21st 07, 11:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Larry Dighera

On Sat, 21 Jul 2007 17:38:20 -0400, Dudley Henriques
wrote in
:

Trader's was right up there with Pancho's and a
few other "places of honor"

Were you a "member" of the Happy Bottom Riding Club? If so, how about
sharing some juicy tales? Please.
Old July 21st 07, 11:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dudley Henriques[_2_]

Larry Dighera wrote:
On Sat, 21 Jul 2007 17:38:20 -0400, Dudley Henriques
wrote in
:

Trader's was right up there with Pancho's and a
few other "places of honor"

Were you a "member" of the Happy Bottom Riding Club? If so, how about
sharing some juicy tales? Please.

What happens in IFPF stays in IFPF as they say in Vegas!
:-)
Panchos was just a bit before I came along. We had several members in
the IFPF who were and some remain close personal friends of ours. They
flew at Edwards during the heyday that surrounded Pancho and her famous
"club". Most of the "stories" as related to us are not the type you
repeat on Usenet....well...some people might. I won't :-)
Dudley Henriques
Old July 22nd 07, 02:24 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_19_]

Dudley Henriques wrote in news:Z4qdnX4L-
:

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
"DougS" wrote in
:

writes:

[...]

Yeah, brilliant place, here's no doubt about it. I was only in it once.
A friend was stationed there and was flying early in the morning, so he
had his wife take me. She sent most of the tie staring at the floor, but
we enjoyed it!

Bertie