Airline lands due to too much gas

Old December 6th 06, 05:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Robert M. Gary

Default Airline lands due to too much gas

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/plane_passing_gas

"NASHVILLE, Tenn. - An American Airlines flight was forced to make an
emergency landing Monday morning after a passenger lit a match to
disguise the scent of flatulence, authorities said. "

-Robert

Old December 6th 06, 06:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
150flivver

Robert M. Gary wrote:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/plane_passing_gas

"NASHVILLE, Tenn. - An American Airlines flight was forced to make an
emergency landing Monday morning after a passenger lit a match to
disguise the scent of flatulence, authorities said. "

-Robert

The title of this thread puts the lie to the old saying that the only
time you can have too much gas is when you're on fire

Old December 6th 06, 09:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Macklin

A constipated outflow valve?

Normal cabin pressurization changes the air in the cabin
very rapidly and lavatory air should not be cycled into the
main cabin. What kind of aircraft and did it have some
special modifications?

I heard on the radio news, it was the smell of the woman's
matches as she tried to burn the smell.

oups.com...

Old December 6th 06, 09:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Macklin

Beans, Beans, the musical fruit.
The more you eat the more you toot.
The more you toot, the better you feel;
So let's have beans with every meal.

Or

How do you spell relief?

FART

ups.com...

Old December 6th 06, 09:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Robert M. Gary

Jim Macklin wrote:
A constipated outflow valve?

Normal cabin pressurization changes the air in the cabin
very rapidly and lavatory air should not be cycled into the
main cabin. What kind of aircraft and did it have some
special modifications?

I heard on the radio news, it was the smell of the woman's
matches as she tried to burn the smell.

Yea, they're reporting that the pax reported smelling "burning sulfer".
That seems to match with the facts. The woman also reported that she
has an unspecified medical condition that causes such things to be an
issue. Only a woman would do this. If it were a guy he'd walk of there
with a polite warning to other passengers to not go there for a few
minutes.

-Robert

Old December 6th 06, 11:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
CRaSH

Robert M. Gary wrote:
Only a woman would do this. If it were a
guy he'd walk of there with a polite warning to other passengers to
not go there for a few minutes.

Or blow the friggin door off!! d:-))

Old December 7th 06, 01:59 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Macklin

Found the story on the web, it seems she was at her seat and
not in the lav. She may have had 8 books of matches.

Flatulent passenger grounds US airline flight
Reuters.uk, UK - 7 hours ago
The woman's actions resulted in an emergency landing on
Monday in Nashville of an American Airlines flight bound for
Dallas from Washington, DC, said Lynne ...
Flatulent woman brings down plane Canton Repository
(subscription)
Flatulent passenger forces plane to land Lawrence Journal
World
Flatulent Flyer Grounds Jet Washington Post
ShortNews.com - ShortNews.com
all 342 news articles »

Old December 7th 06, 02:06 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Macklin

About

Google News

Sorted by relevance Sort by date

Strong wind downs plane

Scotsman, United Kingdom - 32 minutes ago

AN AMERICAN Airlines flight made an emergency landing after
a passenger lit matches to disguise the scent of flatulence,
authorities said. ...

In-flight flatulence coverup sparks emergency landing

CBC News, Canada - 3 hours ago

AP. An American Airlines flight was forced to make an
emergency landing Monday morning after a passenger lit a
match to disguise ...

Flatulent passenger grounds flight

Reuters - 6 hours ago

NASHVILLE, Tenn., Dec 6 (Reuters Life!) - It may be one
problem airline security officials never envisioned -- a
passenger lighting matches in flight to mask ...

Flatulent passenger grounds US airline flight

Reuters.uk, UK - 7 hours ago

NASHVILLE, Tennessee (Reuters) - It may be one problem
airline security officials never envisioned -- a passenger
lighting matches in flight to mask odours ...

Flatulent Flyer Grounds Jet

Washington Post, United States - 6 hours ago

It remains one of the most uncomfortable questions in
society, pondered by many, but never solved: How do you
cover-up farts in enclosed public spaces? ...

Flatulence leads US jet to divert

BBC News, UK - 10 hours ago

An American Airlines plane made an emergency landing in
Nashville after passengers reported the smell of sulphur
from burning matches. ...

Flatulence leads to flight diversion

USA Today - 10 hours ago

An American Airlines flight carrying 99 passengers made an
emergency landing in Nashville earlier this week after
passengers reported a strange scent that ...

Woman's tail wind downs jetliner

Boston Herald, United States - 11 hours ago

By Staff and wire reports. Flatulence brought down an
American Airlines [AMR] flight early Monday. It is believed
to be the first ...

Her seat in first-gas section KOs flight

New York Daily News, NY - 16 hours ago

NASHVILLE - Forget turbulence. Flatulence was the problem
that forced an American Airlines plane carrying 104 people
to make an emergency landing in Nashville. ...

Lit Matches Prompt Emergency Landing

Washington Post, United States - 18 hours ago

By Martin Weil. A jetliner from Washington made an emergency
landing Monday in Nashville after passengers smelled matches
being struck ...

One fart is all it takes to land a plane...

Independent Online, South Africa - 21 hours ago

The Dallas-bound flight was diverted to Nashville after
several passengers reported smelling burning sulphur from
the match, said Lynne Lowrance, spokesperson ...

Flatulence leads to flight diversion

USA Today - Dec 5, 2006

By Samuel Shu for The Tennessean. NASHVILLE - Flatulence
brought 99 passengers on an American Airlines flight to an
unscheduled ...

Gassy woman diverts passenger flight

United Press International - 5 hours ago

NASHVILLE, Dec. 6 (UPI) -- A Dallas-area woman has been
banned from flying on American Airlines after her flatulence
led to a flight ...

Flatulent passenger forces plane to land

Lawrence Journal World, KS - 6 hours ago

AP. Tennessee - Farting onboard your plane is bad manners.
But here'sa tip: It's even worse to light a match. An
American Airlines ...

Three strikes and you're out

Opodo, UK - 8 hours ago

An internal flight in America was forced to make an
emergency landing as a result of a passenger's flatulence.
Other people onboard ...

Flatulent Lady Grounds Plane

ShortNews.com, Germany - 9 hours ago

A Dallas-bound airliner was redirected to Nashville after
several passengers claimed they smelled burning sulfur. In
Nashville,the ...

A stinky flight

Orlando Sentinel, FL - 11 hours ago

As if terrorism and mechnical problems aren't enough to
worry about while flying, we now have a new threat that has
potential to bring down an airliner. ...

Bodily Function Odors Force Emergency Landing

6abc.com, PA - 11 hours ago

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) - December 6, 2006 - The in-flight
emergency was linked to a passenger passing gas. An American
Airlines flight ...

Woman Lights Matches On Plane To Cover Smell

WJLA, DC - 13 hours ago

A woman's digestive troubles are to blame for the emergency
landing of a jetliner flying out from Washington Tuesday.
The pilot ...

Flatulent Lady Grounds Plane

ShortNews.com, Germany - 14 hours ago

A Dallas bound flight was diverted to Nashville after
several passengers claimed to smell burning sulfur. In
Nashville,the 99 passengers ...

Gust of wind forces jet tomake emergency landing

Cape Argus (subscription), South Africa - 15 hours ago

An American Airlines flight was for-ced to make an emergency
landing after a passenger lit matches to disguise the smell
of flatulence, authorities say. ...

Air pressure was fine, but they still wanted the masks

St. Petersburg Times, FL - 15 hours ago

By TIMES WIRES. An American Airlines flight from Washington
to Dallas/Fort Worth made an emergency landing in Nashville
on Monday due to a gas problem. ...

Don't let Flatulence Spoil Yours or 99 Others Travel Plans

PR Web (press release), WA - 17 hours ago

Flatulence brought 99 passengers on an American Airlines
flight to an unscheduled visit to Nashville early Monday
morning. If she ...

Plane Makes Emergency Landing Due to Woman's Flatulence

The Conservative Voice, NC - 20 hours ago

A commercial flight was grounded on Monday after several
passengers complained they smelled sulfur burning.
Investigators found ...

Woman's Flatulence Grounds Flight

All Headline News - 21 hours ago

(AHN) - An American Airlines flight was grounded Monday
after the passengers smelled sulfur burning. Investigators
found that a ...

Plane forced to land after passenger passes gas, lights
match to ...

West Fargo Midweek, ND - 21 hours ago

Farting onboard your plane is bad manners. But here's a tip:
It's even worse to light a match. An American Airlines
flight made ...

Plane Grounded by Flatulence

Truthdig, United States - Dec 5, 2006

A plane was forced to make an emergency landing on Monday
after a passenger struck matches while attempting to cover
the odor of her gas. ...

FLATULENCE FORCES PLANE LANDING

Free Market News Network, FL - Dec 5, 2006

Flatulence brought 99 passengers on an American Airlines
flight to an unscheduled visit to Nashville early Monday
morning. American ...

Woman Under Fire After In-Flight Flatulence

NBC 4.com, DC - Dec 5, 2006

NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- What do you do if you pass embarrassing
gas on an airplane? One woman found out what not to do. A
Nashville ...

Jet Diverted Due To Passenger Flatulence

TheDenverChannel.com, CO - Dec 5, 2006

NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- An American Airlines flight from
Washington DC to Dallas made an an emergency landing in
Nashville Monday after ...

Publishers - Terms of Use - Google Home

Old December 7th 06, 02:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jose[_1_]

CBC News, Canada - 3 hours ago

AP. An American Airlines flight was forced to make an
emergency landing Monday morning after a passenger lit a
match to disguise ...

I really like the part about "was =forced= to make an =emergency= landing...

Jose
--
"There are 3 secrets to the perfect landing. Unfortunately, nobody knows
what they are." - (mike).
Old December 7th 06, 02:24 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Macklin

I like the "first gas section"

. net...