What do to with old en-route charts?

Old November 17th 03, 07:02 PM
Mike Granby

Default What do to with old en-route charts?

http://www.mikeg.net/adam/zoom/land....m62&back=page5

http://www.mikeg.net/adam/zoom/port....m63&back=page5

--
Mike Granby, PP-ASEL,IA
Warrior N44578

Old November 17th 03, 07:07 PM
Steven P. McNicoll

"Mike Granby" wrote in message

http://www.mikeg.net/adam/zoom/land....m62&back=page5

http://www.mikeg.net/adam/zoom/port....m63&back=page5

I use mine for gift wrapping.

Old November 17th 03, 07:38 PM
Mike Granby

"Steven P. McNicoll" wrote:

I use mine for gift wrapping.

Good idea. A buddy at the airport said he gave his to his kids to wrap
exercise books for school. My little one is a bit small for that, but he
certainly likes to roll around in them for a half-hour or so....

--
Mike Granby, PP-ASEL,IA
Warrior N44578

Old November 17th 03, 07:57 PM
Cecil E. Chapman

Our pair of parakeets use the old sectionals to plot future flights :-)

I use them for gift wrapping too, though I will say that the VFR sectionals
make better wrapping paper.

Old November 17th 03, 08:22 PM
Ron Natalie

"Mike Granby" wrote in message ...
http://www.mikeg.net/adam/zoom/land....m62&back=page5

http://www.mikeg.net/adam/zoom/port....m63&back=page5

Looks like he's having problems finding the DRIBL intersection.

Old November 17th 03, 09:09 PM
Jim Weir

I give them to the geography teacher at our local high schools. You can learn a
lot of geography with old aircraft charts...especially sectionals. The advanced
students learn how to coordinate the instrument charts with the VFR charts.

Jim
http://www.rst-engr.com
Old November 17th 03, 09:12 PM
Kobra

As box stuffing when shipping stuff.

I always wanted to wallpaper a spare bedroom wall with the east coast
sectionals as a seamless chart for flight planning. Just never seem to find
the time.

Kobra

Old November 17th 03, 09:38 PM
Bob Gardner

My wife used to do that with her sixth grade students....years later, when I
was a designated written test examiner, several of her ex-students came in
to take flight engineer and ATP writtens.

Bob Gardner

Old November 17th 03, 10:11 PM
Snowbird

"Mike Granby" wrote in message ...

http://www.mikeg.net/adam/zoom/port....m63&back=page5

I love this one. He looks like he's saying "now look here, Dad,
if you go VOR direct here instead of by the airway you'll shave
30 miles off the trip."

Don't overlook old approach plates. Crumple 'em up, fill up a large
box or a wading pool, and let 'em rip -- literally!

Cheers,
Sydney

PS and don't forget that actually old enroutes are useful for
student pilots and VFR pilots
Old November 17th 03, 10:36 PM
Mike Granby

"Snowbird" wrote:

Don't overlook old approach plates. Crumple 'em up, fill
up a large box or a wading pool, and let 'em rip -- literally!

Now that I will have to try! I have thousands of old plates piled up in a
cupboard. The only thing I use 'em for at the moment is starting fires -- if
you crumple them up, they're pretty good for getting BBQ's going.

--
Mike Granby, PP-ASEL,IA
Warrior N44578