Today at Oshkosh [01/34] - ".sfv" yEnc (0/1)

Old July 25th 07, 04:31 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Just Plane Noise

Default Today at Oshkosh [01/34] - ".sfv" yEnc (0/1)

Trying out my new Sony A100 with the 75-300 zoom. Apologies for the backlighting (I shoot from the no-pay zone on the east side of the airport). Tomorrow I'll be a bit closer. Any further info on the planes (exact types, owners, history, etc.) would be most welcome.

Old July 27th 07, 01:28 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Billy[_2_]

"Adhominem" wrote in message
Just Plane Noise wrote:

Trying out my new Sony A100 with the 75-300 zoom. Apologies for the
backlighting (I shoot from the no-pay zone on the east side of the
airport). Tomorrow I'll be a bit closer. Any further info on the planes
(exact types, owners, history, etc.) would be most welcome.

Just Plane Noise,

Your pictures look very familiar. Attached is a
corsair that I shot at
the Chino planes of fame museum using the minolta 300
mm zoom. The
lighting is extremely similar. I was concerned that
my camera was
defective, but I guess that it was just me.

I will post a few that I have cleaned up later, if
anyone is interested.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	corsair_Front.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	245.4 KB
ID:	14942
Old July 27th 07, 02:10 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Just Plane Noise[_2_]

On Fri, 27 Jul 2007 00:28:53 GMT, "Billy" wrote:

"Adhominem" wrote in message
Just Plane Noise wrote:

Trying out my new Sony A100 with the 75-300 zoom. Apologies for the
backlighting (I shoot from the no-pay zone on the east side of the
airport). Tomorrow I'll be a bit closer. Any further info on the planes
(exact types, owners, history, etc.) would be most welcome.

Just Plane Noise,

Your pictures look very familiar. Attached is a
corsair that I shot at
the Chino planes of fame museum using the minolta 300
mm zoom. The
lighting is extremely similar. I was concerned that
my camera was
defective, but I guess that it was just me.

I will post a few that I have cleaned up later, if
anyone is interested.

I did a little of this and a little of that to your pic and it cleaned
up pretty nice. Wanna see it?
Old July 27th 07, 11:42 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Willem Van der Voort

I will post a few that I have cleaned up later, if
anyone is interested.

I did a little of this and a little of that to your pic and it cleaned
up pretty nice. Wanna see it?

Yes if it is not in yEnc, and not cut in 80 pieces

Old July 28th 07, 06:16 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Billy[_2_]

I did a little of this and a little of that to your pic and it cleaned
up pretty nice. Wanna see it?

Of course, as long as you tell me how you did it!

Old July 28th 07, 12:57 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Just Plane Noise[_2_]

Default Today at Oshkosh [01/34] - ".sfv" yEnc (0/1) - Billy's corsair_Front edited.jpg (0/1)

On Sat, 28 Jul 2007 05:16:56 GMT, "Billy" wrote:

I did a little of this and a little of that to your pic and it cleaned
up pretty nice. Wanna see it?

Of course, as long as you tell me how you did it!

Here ya go--hope you think it is an improvement!

I used Corel Paint Shop Pro. I'm not sure I recall everything I did,
but the key things were that I used High Pass Sharpen (with the radius
set fairly high and soft light), Digital Noise Removal, and I kicked
the contrast up since the Corsair was not standing out enough in your
original.

Now I've got to figure out why pictures with the lens we've both used
aren't sharp enough. I know I'm cropping quite a bit (was that true
with your pic too?), but the whole point of getting a 10 megapixel
camera was to allow me to do such cropping. The speed I'm using is
certainly fast enough (1/1000 while panning with the plane(s)). Could
it be we're just asking too much of our equipment? I looked at some
of the large size images of some of those Oshkosh pictures posted on
Flickr, and they were downright awful even though they looked fine in
the default size on Flickr.

As the doctor said, it is time to run some tests. Today's airshow
will give me plenty of opportunities.
Old July 28th 07, 12:57 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Just Plane Noise[_2_]

Default Today at Oshkosh [01/34] - ".sfv" yEnc (0/1) - Billy's corsair_Front edited.jpg (1/1)

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Billy's corsair_Front edited.jpg
Views:	56