Power Port in BACK seat?

Old March 24th 04, 10:11 PM
Jay Honeck

Default Power Port in BACK seat?

Has anyone installed one in a Spam Can?

With the advent of laptops and portable DVD/CD players, it would seem
logical to have some sort of a power port in the back seat -- yet I have
never seen one.

My kids could sure use one!
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old March 24th 04, 10:34 PM
jsmith

I have a Rat Shaq three holer that I plug into the panel. Two for the kids,
one for me. The adaptors for their GameBoys have a 9-foot cord.
Didn't this topic come up last you? Now that you are down for annual, pull
the sidewalls and install one on each side, in the baggage area. Best
mounting is vertical, entry from the bottom to avoid fluid falling inside
and shorting. Install a separate circuit breaker.

Old March 24th 04, 11:05 PM
Blanche

My cherokee 180 has a cigar lighter plug on the center unit (the
one with the flap handle). It is easily accessible in the
back seat (in fact, that's the only practical use for it).

Right now the backseat intercom is plugged into it.

Old March 25th 04, 01:41 AM
Jay Honeck

My cherokee 180 has a cigar lighter plug on the center unit (the
one with the flap handle).

Cool!

Did you install it, or was it just "there"?
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old March 25th 04, 05:22 AM
Blanche

Jay Honeck wrote:
Blanche wrote:
My cherokee 180 has a cigar lighter plug on the center unit (the
one with the flap handle).

Cool!

Did you install it, or was it just "there"?

As far as I know, it's standard on PA28. Rear side of the center
unit at the bottom. Check your Parts manual for the drawing.

Old March 25th 04, 11:54 AM
Jay Masino

Blanche wrote:
As far as I know, it's standard on PA28. Rear side of the center
unit at the bottom. Check your Parts manual for the drawing.

I've never seen one. It's certainly not standard. Cool idea, though.

--- Jay

--

__!__
Jay and Teresa Masino ___(_)___
Old March 25th 04, 02:29 PM

On Wed, 24 Mar 2004 22:11:32 +0000, Jay Honeck wrote:

Has anyone installed one in a Spam Can?

With the advent of laptops and portable DVD/CD players, it would seem
logical to have some sort of a power port in the back seat -- yet I have
never seen one.

My kids could sure use one!

We have one. We built a little box that has a 3 way cigarette adapter
from radio shack. The box goes down by the seats and is powered by a cord
that plugs into the aircraft's cigarette lighter. The box also houses a
28-14v converter since our aircraft is 28 volts.

jerry

Old March 25th 04, 02:39 PM
Brian Cox

"Jay Honeck"
With the advent of laptops and portable DVD/CD players, it would seem
logical to have some sort of a power port in the back seat -- yet I have
never seen one.

I have one cigarette lighter plug in the panel beneath the control
column of the pilot's yoke, which I use to power a GPS. There is
another sidewall mounted cigarette lighter plug behind the pilot's
seat, where the passenger can plug in. I use this to power a CD
player then connect the audio out into a music jack for my PS
Engineering intercom. The plane is a C310K. Both plugs are original
factory items.

Brian
Old March 25th 04, 03:22 PM
Jay Honeck

Did you install it, or was it just "there"?

As far as I know, it's standard on PA28. Rear side of the center
unit at the bottom. Check your Parts manual for the drawing.

Bwa-ha!

Er, I, I mean...right. "Standard" is what it is...

;-)

I shall be looking for that Piper part number today.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old March 25th 04, 03:57 PM
Darrel Toepfer

J wrote:

We have one. We built a little box that has a 3 way cigarette adapter
from radio shack. The box goes down by the seats and is powered by a cord
that plugs into the aircraft's cigarette lighter. The box also houses a
28-14v converter since our aircraft is 28 volts.

Did the same thing in the C152 (24v), but put everything behind the
panel. Bottom part of the radio tray is velcro'd in, so its easy to
remove and plug in the cellphone charger, notebook, etc. The converter
supports 15 amp, 10 amp continuous and is break'd through the original
power outlet and also fused. Max draw is 7.5 amps...

Pitts Seat Mod Martin Morgan Aerobatics 0 November 21st 03 03:56 AM
Seat repairs mikem Owning 2 October 10th 03 09:25 PM
Power port in panel? Jay Honeck Owning 18 October 8th 03 02:12 PM
Seat cushion Ernest Christley Home Built 14 August 5th 03 07:16 PM
Seat cushions Big John Home Built 3 July 31st 03 10:59 PM