A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Soaring
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Soaring already DOA for the season???



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #141  
Old April 2nd 20, 07:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot)
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,335
Default Soaring already DOA for the season???

My place was to do, "club ship assemble 3/21 or so..."....was called off due to NY metro "camp in place" state directive.....
No clue if private owners can get a tow here or sorta locally....most places want a "spring check out" and maybe a biennial....
I know I legally need one for my logbook....

While it sucks....I have family fliers that fall under "at risk", I am sorta close.....

We shall see in a month+.....
Ads
  #143  
Old April 4th 20, 03:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Rich Owen[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 88
Default Soaring already DOA for the season???

Andreas,

Check SSA Contest Committee announcement on 1 April from Andy Blackburn. Rich
  #144  
Old April 4th 20, 03:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andreas Maurer[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 20
Default Soaring already DOA for the season???

On Sat, 4 Apr 2020 07:13:14 -0700 (PDT), Rich Owen
wrote:

Andreas,

Check SSA Contest Committee announcement on 1 April from Andy Blackburn. Rich


Got a direct link? The latest one I find is from 2020-3-31.

BTW: I'm from Germany and took part in the conference call on
2020-3-26 where the German Aero Club (DAeC) decided to cancel all FAI
competitions in Germany in 2020. Do you have more current information?
The official announcement of the DAeC is dated 2020-4-3.

Cheers
Andreas

  #145  
Old April 4th 20, 08:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2,123
Default Soaring already DOA for the season???

On Saturday, April 4, 2020 at 10:39:54 AM UTC-4, Andreas Maurer wrote:
On Sat, 4 Apr 2020 07:13:14 -0700 (PDT), Rich Owen
wrote:

Andreas,

Check SSA Contest Committee announcement on 1 April from Andy Blackburn. Rich


Got a direct link? The latest one I find is from 2020-3-31.

BTW: I'm from Germany and took part in the conference call on
2020-3-26 where the German Aero Club (DAeC) decided to cancel all FAI
competitions in Germany in 2020. Do you have more current information?
The official announcement of the DAeC is dated 2020-4-3.

Cheers
Andreas


WGC's in Germany and France postponed to 2021.There is consideration of the possibility of shifting the entire schedule back one year. More on this when it is resolved.
UH
  #146  
Old April 4th 20, 11:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
2G
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,041
Default Soaring already DOA for the season???

On Thursday, April 2, 2020 at 11:42:47 AM UTC-7, Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot) wrote:
My place was to do, "club ship assemble 3/21 or so..."....was called off due to NY metro "camp in place" state directive.....
No clue if private owners can get a tow here or sorta locally....most places want a "spring check out" and maybe a biennial....
I know I legally need one for my logbook....

While it sucks....I have family fliers that fall under "at risk", I am sorta close.....

We shall see in a month+.....


Recent research shows that a significant portion of infected people are asymptomatic for 48 hours, maybe up to 5 days, following infection. In this time period they are highly contagious. You can be feeling just fine but have COVID-19 and be contagious. That is what makes this disease so insidious and the reason behind isolation.

https://www.sciencealert.com/here-s-...thout-symptoms
  #147  
Old April 5th 20, 11:30 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 10
Default Soaring already DOA for the season???

Andreas,

Sorry, should have included the link.

https://www.ssa.org/files/member/Gui...ganizers. pdf

Cheers,
Rich
  #148  
Old April 5th 20, 02:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 141
Default Soaring already DOA for the season???

John, did you mean to post the Oudie info on another string? Is it an aural warning? Weird that Naviter does not post or publish anything about it...
  #149  
Old April 6th 20, 12:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andreas Maurer[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 20
Default Soaring already DOA for the season???

On Sun, 5 Apr 2020 03:30:23 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

Andreas,

Sorry, should have included the link.

https://www.ssa.org/files/member/Gui...ganizers. pdf

Cheers,
Rich



Thank you very much!

Moving all events ahead one year is the thing that is done all over
Europe, and I think it's a good idea. If other countriesfollowed,
things would stay synchronized at least (in Germany we have a two year
interval of major competitions which act as qualifications for WGC's
and EGC's).

I wasn't involved in the final decicion about the WGC, but in the
discussion leading to that decision one major point was that it
probably would be problematic to ship the gliders across the borders.


Stay safe!
Andreas

 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Season Passes available from Soaring NV in Minden [email protected] Soaring 63 December 23rd 19 12:22 AM
ASA 2015 Soaring Season Opener Waveguru Soaring 2 January 31st 15 07:02 PM
Soaring conditions around the USA this season so far son_of_flubber Soaring 8 June 4th 14 07:13 PM
Start of New England soaring season! Dave Nadler Soaring 6 February 6th 14 11:15 PM
It's been a LOUSY U.S. soaring contest season! John Bojack[_2_] Soaring 14 June 19th 09 04:19 AM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:27 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2020 AviationBanter.
The comments are property of their posters.