Why did Bush join the national guard?

Old September 7th 04, 11:19 PM
ian maclure

On Tue, 07 Sep 2004 17:38:23 +0000, ArtKramr wrote:

[snip]

In other words nothing military.

Not for some 25+ years now.
But then I'm not the one harping on it, am I?
I make no claim to any military virtue beyond
being competent in the basic military skills
of an infantryman.

IBM

The Worlds Uncensored News Source

Old September 8th 04, 03:54 AM
Jack G

I'll bet he saw more combat than you did and he flew C-54s.

A C-54 is not a combat aircraft. Seeing "action" implies that you have

done
harm to the enemy. You can't do harm to the enemy in an unarmed airliner.
Flying combat airccraft is one thing, Flying airliners is something else.

Arthur Kramer
344th BG 494th BS
Visit my WW II B-26 website at:
http://www.coastcomp.com/artkramer

Art,

Being a bombadeer / navigator is not like piloting anything.

Admit it Art, you were a just a crew member on an airplane flown by a real
pilot.

Applying your convoluted "logic" to your self - you have no right to express
opinions on piloting anything - or on being a commissioned officer with
aircraft command authority.

And your definition of "action" is so screwd up I'm not even going to
comment...

Jack G.

Old September 8th 04, 04:07 AM
Steven P. McNicoll

"ArtKramr" wrote in message

A C-54 is not a combat aircraft. Seeing "action" implies that you have
done
harm to the enemy. You can't do harm to the enemy in an unarmed airliner.
Flying combat airccraft is one thing, Flying airliners is something else.

When it comes to doing harm to the enemy, "unarmed airliners" delivering
paratroops isn't so different from bombers delivering bombs.

Old September 8th 04, 04:18 AM
BUFDRVR

ArtKramr wrote:

A C-54 is not a combat aircraft. Seeing "action" implies that you have done
harm to the enemy. You can't do harm to the enemy in an unarmed airliner.
Flying combat airccraft is one thing, Flying airliners is something else.

Ahh, now we have a new Kramer version of combat. Now, to qualify, you must have
delivered explosive ordnance. C-47s flying over "the Hump" and intercepted by
Japanese Zeros...not "real combat". C-130s landing in Khe Sahn during
artilliary and mortor fire...not combat. UH-60s inserting SF forces behind
Iraqi lines before the beginning of Iraqi Freedom...not combat. Hell, Ed
Rasimus in an F-4E on MiGCAP over Hanoi...not combat. The list gets shorter and
shorter....

BUFDRVR

everyone on Bear Creek"
Old September 8th 04, 05:05 AM
Bob Coe

"ArtKramr" wrote

Do you know why they have pilots on bombers? Just for one reason which was to
put a bombardier over a target for 30 seconds. Do you know why they have
gunners on a bomber? Just one reason. To protect that bombardier and get him
over the target for 30 seconds. Do you know why they have fighter cover? Just
to get a bombardier over a target for 30 seconds. The pilot is only a bus
driver to deliver him where he can hurt the enemy. So don't make too big a
deal of pilots . Some are good and some are not..If you get one who can fly a
good bomb run, not dump your gyro and keep the wings level so you don't dump
bombs all over the landscape, you are lucky.But good bomb run pilots are not
all that easy to find. And as far as judging pilots performance on a bomb run,
no one is more qualified to make that judgement than a bombardier. But this is
a subject you would know nothing about.

This pretty much proves that Kramer is dead, and his nephew or ******* child has
taken over his name. A real veteran doesn't think like that, and I've known some
serious misfits, but never to this level.

Old September 8th 04, 05:46 AM
Jack G

Do you know why they have pilots on bombers? Just for one reason which
was to
put a bombardier over a target for 30 seconds. Do you know why they have
gunners on a bomber? Just one reason. To protect that bombardier and get

him
over the target for 30 seconds. Do you know why they have fighter cover?

Just
to get a bombardier over a target for 30 seconds. The pilot is only a bus
driver to deliver him where he can hurt the enemy. Arthur Kramer
344th BG 494th BS
Visit my WW II B-26 website at:

The incredibly small world of Mr. Kramer just got a lot smaller. Kind of
sad watching him self-destruct...

Jack G.

Bush's guard record JDKAHN Home Built 13 October 3rd 04 09:38 PM
George W. Bush Abortion Scandal that should have been Psalm 110 Military Aviation 0 August 12th 04 09:40 AM
bush rules! Be Kind Military Aviation 53 February 14th 04 04:26 PM