Soaring on the Today Show

Old December 13th 06, 04:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
g l i d e r s t u d

Default Soaring on the Today Show

Sunday December 17th on the Today Show on NBC, they are showing a story
on Sky Sailing featuring Garret Willat and Lester Holt from the Today
Show. I'm not sure what time it is showing in your area, you can look
it up on your local tv guide if you are interested in watching it.

Old December 13th 06, 04:23 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

g l i d e r s t u d wrote:
Sunday December 17th on the Today Show on NBC, they are showing a story
on Sky Sailing featuring Garret Willat and Lester Holt from the Today
Show. I'm not sure what time it is showing in your area, you can look
it up on your local tv guide if you are interested in watching it.

Could someone either tape that or grab some screenshots? I am
temporarily without a cable connection.

Johan Larson

Old December 17th 06, 01:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Doug Haluza

Doug Haluza wrote:
The Today Show is teasing the segment now on the East Coast.

The segment just ran in the east. What I could make out was very nice.
The NYC station pre-empted it with football nonsense, so I had to
switch to a distant CT station, but the signal was weak and broke up.

Here is the link to the web article on the story:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16226197/

Old December 17th 06, 02:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Doug Haluza

Doug Haluza wrote:
Doug Haluza wrote:
The Today Show is teasing the segment now on the East Coast.

The segment just ran in the east. What I could make out was very nice.
The NYC station pre-empted it with football nonsense, so I had to
switch to a distant CT station, but the signal was weak and broke up.

Here is the link to the web article on the story:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16226197/

P.S. Looks like they are going to run it in NYC in this 9:00 half hour.

Old December 17th 06, 04:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
BB

I saw the show this morning. It was great. We couldn't ask for better
publicity. A big thanks to Garrett and the Sky Sailing folks for
putting this together! I hope this turns in to lots of eager new faces
this spring.

John Cochrane BB

Old December 17th 06, 07:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Gunnar

I missed the story because of the football show.

If they get enough emails about Lester's story they may replay it on
the weekday Today Show or put it on their website for playback.

The email address, I believe is:

Send them a few messages and maybe it will air again.

Gunnar

Old December 18th 06, 03:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

I saw the show this morning. Garrett, and the others of Sky Sailing did
a Great job on this. And thankfully, NBC also did a great job on the
short segment. It includes ground shots, air to air, ground to air, air
to ground, wing to cockpit, and cockpit shots. I copied it to VHS tape
then transferred it to DVD. Quality is not perfect but darn good. I
offer here to send a copy by mail (no reimbursement please) to anyone
who emails me with "Sky Sailing" in the subject line. I'll send a DVD
to the first five, and if there are more requests than that, I'll need
to rethink my offer.
Thanks Garrett, Bret & Karen.
Russ

Old December 19th 06, 09:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

The Garrett / Sky Sailing / Today video is viewable online now. It's
at:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16226197/from/ET.
Enjoy.
Russ

Old December 19th 06, 11:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Awesome!!!! Well done Garrett!!!

Thanks for the link Russ.

Paul Remde