Human factors RECKLESSNESS

Old April 28th 05, 05:04 PM
private

Default Human factors RECKLESSNESS

My apologies to the Usenet police cross posting but

I am in mourning for friends lost, and in sympathy for the families they
left alone.

This week we have seen behavior that can only be described as reckless.

A man posts video of a poorly performed roll in a non aerobatic aircraft
without regard for ...............to say nothing about his instructor
PARTICIPATING. Two survivors and a questionable aircraft

CFIT A multiple champion pilot losses control while reaching for a $100 side
bet.

One fatal.

911?, fuel exhaustion, over water, without flotation, at night. One
(probable) fatal.

I am tempted to ask why? where are we failing? are we glorifying
recklessness? Are we truly self destructive (cigarettes, food, alcohol,
pollution etc)? what can we do? but

I know that we must each find the answers within ourselves and to strive for
the personal situational control to handle these situations and temptations.
Training helps, as do mentors. (Thank you Dudley, Gene etal)

I am sick of hearing "he died doing something he loved". It just sounds
trite.

They are always way too young.

My condolences and sympathy to all mourning family and friends.

Old April 28th 05, 05:45 PM
NW_PILOT

"private" wrote in message
[...]

Ok what about the people you don't here about all the fools driving cars
talking on cell phone, driving while under the influence of a mind altering
substance like Prozac and the many other pansy pills. "Ohh dont for get
about the other drugs people use"

"You know Moving any faster than a walking pace can be potentially fatal!"

I would not say that we are glorifying recklessness, if it wasn't for people
you call reckless we would still be living in caves. Most of us that are in
to flying or other extreme hobbies have a huge respect for life but also
have that need for that adrenalin. I my-self wake up every day and am very
thankful that I don't have to stick a needle in my arm or suck something up
my nose to get that rush, I have many many other activity's like flying to
get that feeling.

You will Die one day that's a fact of Life!! You cannot hide from it! You
cannot run from it! So embrace the Life you have been given and enjoy it
with every breath you take because you may never know when it may be your
last.

Old April 28th 05, 06:04 PM
Mark Hansen

On 4/28/2005 09:45, NW_PILOT wrote:

[ snip ]

Ok what about the people you don't here about all the fools driving cars
talking on cell phone, driving while under the influence of a mind altering
substance like Prozac and the many other pansy pills. "Ohh dont for get
about the other drugs people use"

"You know Moving any faster than a walking pace can be potentially fatal!"

I would not say that we are glorifying recklessness, if it wasn't for people
you call reckless we would still be living in caves.

Oh, so you're making things better for the rest of humanity.

I guess we should thank you then...

--
Mark Hansen, PP-ASEL, Instrument Student
Sacramento, CA
Old April 28th 05, 06:21 PM
NW_PILOT

"Mark Hansen" wrote in message
On 4/28/2005 09:45, NW_PILOT wrote:

[ snip ]

Ok what about the people you don't here about all the fools driving cars
talking on cell phone, driving while under the influence of a mind

altering
substance like Prozac and the many other pansy pills. "Ohh dont for get
about the other drugs people use"

"You know Moving any faster than a walking pace can be potentially

fatal!"

I would not say that we are glorifying recklessness, if it wasn't for

people
you call reckless we would still be living in caves.

Oh, so you're making things better for the rest of humanity.

I guess we should thank you then...

Nope, don't thank me I have not done anything for humanity.

Who were them 2 brothers that invented the airplane????? they were called
crazy ect. if they attempted what they did 200 years earlier they would have
been hanged or beheaded. What about the people that got on boats to prove
the earth was round? And many others that you should thank.

Old April 28th 05, 06:24 PM
Dudley Henriques

"NW_PILOT" wrote in message

"private" wrote in message
[...]

Good God......is this REALLY your conception of flying? If it is, it sure
isn't mine or anyone I know and respect!!!!
:-)
Dudley Henriques
International Fighter Pilots Fellowship
Commercial Pilot; CFI; Retired
dhenriquestrashatearthlinktrashdotnet
(take out the trash :-)

Old April 28th 05, 06:30 PM
NW_PILOT

"Dudley Henriques" dhenriques@noware .net wrote in message
k.net...

"NW_PILOT" wrote in message

"private" wrote in message
[...]

No it is my concept of life. Plain in simple lifeis short! You never know
how long you have. So live it like every day is your last.

Old April 28th 05, 06:41 PM
Smutny

Dude, you really need to step back and take a good look at what you're
exhibiting here.

Aerobatic pilots are already often viewed upon as 'daredevils' or
'reckless' from both the non-flying public and many of the
straight-and-level crowd. What we don't need are diatribes like yours
to attempt validation at what we do.

I'm a 'G-junkie' and love aerobatics. I try to go up every sunny day.
And each time I follow the basic rules of acro:

=B7 Use equipment designed for the task
=B7 Wear a parachute
=B7 Obey airspace restrictions (airways & controlled airspace)
=B7 Obey altitude minimums (both the FAA's and mine)

Last Saturday after the Skagit Airshow I gave a guy his first acro
ride. He is a pilot and wanted to try a couple maneuvers just to say he
did. He ham-handed the aileron roll and we landed with +5/-4 on the
g-meter. And we walked away because ALL of the above rules were
adheared to.

Check that attitude and get some proper training in a proper acro
aircraft if you want to continue to enjoy aerobatics. Being safe
doesn't mean being boring.

-j-

Old April 28th 05, 06:44 PM

NW_Pilot,
I totally agree that life is short. I also try to live everyday as
if it was my last but I try to make sure that other lives are not at
risk in my pursuit of happiness. I also do everything that I can to
ensure that I can wake up the next morning to enjoy whatever time that
I have left on this earth.
From what I have read so far, no one has criticized your decision
to take up aerobatic flying be it rolling, spinning or whatever. The
concern was with the use of inappropriate equipment (a non aerobat 150)
and the potential risk of other lives (unless you and your instructor
chose a totally unpopulated area for this practice).