F22 air dams/strakes: the definitive answer.

Old November 14th 03, 08:44 PM
Scott Ferrin

On Fri, 14 Nov 2003 09:21:04 -0800, "Tarver Engineering"
wrote:

"redc1c4" wrote in message
. ..
Tarver Engineering wrote:

So what I wrote in the first place is correct.

Of course I would not necessarily believe lockmart that the titanium "is
working" as the program has a history of hiding deficiencies. Those
deficiencies covered up include these same tail cracks, which wa a story
broken by Reuters 6 months after the delamination was discovered.

The only way to know if the third attempt to fix the F-22's tail is to

fly
the airplane 500 hours.

what you wrote in the first place in the thread is:

"You men like the 8 inchers added to the F-22 wings? "

how that squares with Lockheed's reply, and the picture provided,
is something i'll leave to you to explain.

Lockmart is trying to peddle strike three in their series of tail fixes as
one that has already worked, but it is going to take 500 hours of flight to
know that.

Show us a picture of those strakes poser. (I'd have flushed your ass
to the kill file long ago but this is just too damn entertaining.
You're good for laughs if nothing else.)
Old November 14th 03, 08:45 PM
Scott Ferrin

On Fri, 14 Nov 2003 09:56:44 -0800, "Tarver Engineering"
wrote:

"Chad Irby" wrote in message
.com...
In article ,
"Tarver Engineering" wrote:

So what I wrote in the first place is correct.

Except for the whole the remaining part where you were *certain* that
all production aircraft have them...

I never wrote that, Irby, but I can see how you'd like to save face.

As opposed to you, who'd rather continue to loook like a clueless
poser. Pictures of those strakes baby LOL!
Old November 14th 03, 08:47 PM
Scott Ferrin

On Fri, 14 Nov 2003 10:54:44 -0800, "Tarver Engineering"
wrote:

"Chad Irby" wrote in message
.com...
"Tarver Engineering" wrote:
"Chad Irby" wrote:
"Tarver Engineering" wrote:

So what I wrote in the first place is correct.

Except for the whole the remaining part where you were *certain* that
all production aircraft have them...

I never wrote that, Irby,

Not in those exact words, but that was certainly what you were
contending for the last week or so.

Trying to put words in my mouth is not going to work, Irby.

And we're still waiting for those photos showing *any* of them on
production aircraft.

I never offered you photos.

Since there aren't any and never were.

"You mean like the 8 inchers added to the F-22 wings? "

Just another clueless statement by a broom pusher.

Old November 14th 03, 08:49 PM
Scott Ferrin

On Fri, 14 Nov 2003 12:10:48 -0800, "Tarver Engineering"
wrote:

"WaltBJ" wrote in message
. com...
As far as 'air dams' or strakes are concerned, they do not have to be
made of radar-reflecting material. The wing fences on the F102 were a
case in point. They were known to 'lie down' due to excessive spanwise
flow - the Deuce got a little edgy in yaw in low level turbulence at
high speed - 600+ - and every now and then after an air show one would
come back with the fences flat against the wing. They had no metal in
them AFIK, and were mostly some sort of honeycomb.

Hopefully lockmart is flying the crap out of AV19 and the F-22's structural
issues can be put behind them.

ROTFLMAO!!! But Tarver you said that they had them before nineteen
rolled out (which they didn't) . Come on, pictures, pictures baby
LOL.
Old November 14th 03, 08:51 PM
Scott Ferrin

Sock, hose, same thing to me.

"strake, rudder, same thing to me"
Old November 14th 03, 09:20 PM
Chad Irby

In article ,
"Tarver Engineering" wrote:

Trying to put words in my mouth is not going to work, Irby.

Not enough room after you put in both feet, eh?

cirby at cfl.rr.com

Slam on brakes accordingly.
Old November 14th 03, 11:01 PM
redc1c4

Tarver Engineering wrote:

"Chad Irby" wrote in message
. com...
"Tarver Engineering" wrote:
"Chad Irby" wrote:
"Tarver Engineering" wrote:

So what I wrote in the first place is correct.

Except for the whole the remaining part where you were *certain* that
all production aircraft have them...

I never wrote that, Irby,

Not in those exact words, but that was certainly what you were
contending for the last week or so.

Trying to put words in my mouth is not going to work, Irby.

And we're still waiting for those photos showing *any* of them on
production aircraft.

I never offered you photos.

Once Lockmart produces any two F-22's the same, then we can discuss
production configuration. Unit there are at least 500 hours on AV 19, there
is no reason to believe Lockmart has solved their structural problems.

Besides that, Irby, you have already been caugt being dishonest in this
thread.

as have you..... glass house boy. "PKB" mean anything to you?
sucks to get busted by an 11B, don't it?

redc1c4,
you're probably only an engineer in a Dilbert cartoon. %-)
--
"Enlisted men are stupid, but extremely cunning and sly, and bear
considerable watching."

Army Officer's Guide
Old November 14th 03, 11:53 PM
Kevin Brooks

"Tarver Engineering" wrote in message ...
"redc1c4" wrote in message
Tarver Engineering wrote:

"Scott Ferrin" wrote in message
On Fri, 14 Nov 2003 08:55:16 -0800, "Tarver Engineering"
wrote:

So what I wrote in the first place is correct.

"You men like the 8 inchers added to the F-22 wings? "

That is what Lockmart said publicly about their airplane.

cite please.

No.

I don't have any need, or desire, to convence clueless socks of anything.
Although your quote from lockmart is interesting, it is very far from being
anything difinitive, as lockmart has already been caught lying several times
WRT the F-22.

For those unfamiliar with the more esoteric meanings of Tarverese,
this translates as, "I got caught in a lie again, but I'll be damned
if I'll ever admit it." It is located in the Tarverise-English
Translation dictionary, along with "optical nuke", "splaps",
"recoiless guns in AC-130's", etc.

Brooks
Old November 15th 03, 02:56 AM
Tarver Engineering

"Chad Irby" wrote in message
m...
In article ,
"Tarver Engineering" wrote:

Trying to put words in my mouth is not going to work, Irby.

Not enough room after you put in both feet, eh?

I gave an honest answer to a poster's question.

And Irby lied. Perhaps some trolls will give you comfort, Chad.

Old November 15th 03, 02:58 AM
Tarver Engineering

"redc1c4" wrote in message
Tarver Engineering wrote:

"Chad Irby" wrote in message
. com...
"Tarver Engineering" wrote:
"Chad Irby" wrote:
"Tarver Engineering" wrote:

[...]

I gave an honest answer to a poster's question and drew some clueless
trolls.

The real queation is why the production F-22 is looking like a full scale
development instead.