"Not Responding" Problem Solved!!

Old August 21st 03, 02:00 AM
Amir Facade

Default "Not Responding" Problem Solved!!

Uh Oh! I'm going to have to revise my opinion of Tech Support. LOL
Glad you got it working.
Maybe 3.7 will work.

"Ed Forsythe" wrote in message
: Hi Troops,
: Four Days and about 51/2 hours with tech support (mostly on hold) I
finally
: solved the "Not Responding" problem. If you recall, when I tried to run
FS9
: I'd get the splash screen, a few seconds of disk activity, then all
activity
: would stop. A three finger salute always revealed a "not responding"
: condition. One of the first techies I spoke to asked me to load the
: Catalyst 3.2 drivers (I was running 3.6). I resisted returning to the
older
: driver version and I tried everything I new + all the techie fixes.
Finally
: I did a Win XP "Upgrade" install from Windows to no avail, although it
fixed
: all the errors under "Network" in DX Diagnostics.
:
: Finally, morning I uninstalled FS9 and the Cat 3.6 drivers. Then I
: installed Cat 3.2 and reinstalled FS9. Bingo! All is well at National
: Airport :-))
: --
: Happy Flying,
: Ed F.
:
:

Old August 21st 03, 06:36 AM
NoRemorse

Don't revise your opinion. The tech support people have to get it right
sometimes. I wouldn't count on repeating that experience though.

--
NoRemorse
"Expect me when you see me."

GEM 1200 Problem Jim Kaufeld Owning 11 March 22nd 04 04:54 AM
A problem in the Military ? Nick Jade Military Aviation 54 March 15th 04 08:59 PM
RF interference issue again (esp. for E Drucker and Jim Weir and other RF wizards) Snowbird Home Built 78 December 3rd 03 10:10 PM
RF interference issue again (esp. for E Drucker and Jim Weir and other RF wizards) Snowbird Owning 77 December 3rd 03 10:10 PM
Garmin fixes moving waypoint problem -- almost Jon Woellhaf Instrument Flight Rules 6 November 28th 03 06:29 PM