Infoboxes in tophat and Seeyou

Old August 27th 18, 08:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Infoboxes in tophat and Seeyou

There is an infobox in tophat CRUISE GR Which given achieved L/D in last cruise.
I cannot find equivalent in SeeYou.
Does it exist?

Old August 28th 18, 02:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
SoaringXCellence

Nope, It's one of the reasons I couldn't get excited about SeeYou Mobile. I've tried three different systems that run SYM and gave up each time and came back to XCSoar.

XCS is certainly a complex (confusing) piece of software, but after several years of use I understand most of the "info boxes" and can show the ones I want to see to support decisions. There are several "beginner" setups that have been explained both in the manual, and in the TE version that Tobias maintains.
Old August 28th 18, 02:53 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Monday, August 27, 2018 at 3:40:48 PM UTC-4, wrote:
There is an infobox in tophat CRUISE GR Which given achieved L/D in last cruise.
I cannot find equivalent in SeeYou.
Does it exist?

How about this:
.. Flown L/D (Cur.L/D) = Current glide ratio estimated over the last two minutes of flight.
Works Great
Glen
Old August 28th 18, 03:36 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
MNLou

Gents -

Please help me out. Why would I care what my achieved L/D was in my last cruise?

That real estate and air mass is now behind me.

Thanks -

Lou
Old August 28th 18, 03:48 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS[_5_]

On Monday, August 27, 2018 at 7:36:30 PM UTC-7, MNLou wrote:
Gents -

Please help me out. Why would I care what my achieved L/D was in my last cruise?

That real estate and air mass is now behind me.

Thanks -

Lou

Lou, that's what I was thinking. Might be a different airmass.
Jim
Old August 28th 18, 04:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Might be the same or better airmass, too.Â* It's just information. How
you use it is what counts.

--
Dan, 5J
Old August 28th 18, 05:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tango Whisky

Le mardi 28 août 2018 04:36:30 UTC+2, MNLou a écritÂ*:
Gents -

Please help me out. Why would I care what my achieved L/D was in my last cruise?

That real estate and air mass is now behind me.

Thanks -

Lou

I use it frequently on final legs to judge the approach (required L/D versus current L/D). If your final leg stretches about 100-130 km with a marginal approach, any information helps.
Old August 28th 18, 05:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Tuesday, August 28, 2018 at 12:09:02 PM UTC-4, Tango Whisky wrote:
Le mardi 28 août 2018 04:36:30 UTC+2, MNLou a écritÂ*:
Gents -

Please help me out. Why would I care what my achieved L/D was in my last cruise?

That real estate and air mass is now behind me.

Thanks -

Lou

I use it frequently on final legs to judge the approach (required L/D versus current L/D). If your final leg stretches about 100-130 km with a marginal approach, any information helps.

I watch the predicted arrival altitude, as it changes during the final glide. That implicitly shows whether your actual glide slope is as good as the predicted slope. If the wind estimate is incorrect, you'll see the results. If you fly slower than the speed-to-fly that the arrival altitude is computed for, then the arrival altitude should slowly increase as you glide. Etc.
Old August 28th 18, 05:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tango Whisky

Same information, displayed differently.

tophat (xcsoar) and LX7007 (pro igc) [email protected] Soaring 12 February 6th 21 10:42 PM
XCSoar / TopHat maps airspace etc. [email protected] Soaring 6 April 11th 18 12:43 AM
Seeyou NMEA to Winpilot/Seeyou Jean Soaring 4 June 3rd 06 11:38 AM
SeeYou 3.0 iPilot Soaring 3 February 25th 05 03:30 PM
SeeYou 2.82...anyone try it yet? Stewart Kissel Soaring 4 January 3rd 05 09:31 PM