Fastglasair's plane

Old July 17th 03, 09:21 PM
Barnyard BOb --

Norman Wigginton" wrote:

You know BOb, now that you mention it, as soon as the cuffs went on you
couldn't get anything out of them. I just thought they were career
criminals. They kinda looked like burglars!

I guess I need to make a new account on Outlook. I don't mind my name going
out but the rank needs to be dropped.

Second post and thanks for the grin,

Old Cop

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Ya know, Norm....
Originally, I was going to zing you hard about advertising
your rank with some snide 'barnyard' remark concerning
the pomposity of it all. I'm sooo glad I held back and let
you take the lead in this matter. g

FWIW....
Some of my best railroad buddies were 'cinder dicks'.
A couple of them had backgrounds as city cops.
Some left to be city cops.

Barnyard BOb -- retired railroader

Old July 18th 03, 03:01 PM
OldCop

It was trut me!

wrote in message ...
In article RWwRa.82508$H17.25241@sccrnsc02, "Major says...

I have been reading this thread for a long time as I am hoping to build

my
own airplane when I retire in 18 months.

There have been numerous times that I felt compelled to stick my nose, or
opinion, into a thread but I didn't have a dog in the fight. By in large

have enjoyed the banter and I have learned quite a bit "lurking" as you

all
say. This thread however, got to me. I hate to have my first post

probably
be my last but "pac plyer" hit the nail on the head.

I have been a police officer for 29 years and I still marvel at the
lengthens people will go to when someone hurts their feelings. It almost
sounds like kids sometimes, "Mommy, he pushed me"!

In Indiana we have a law called intimidation.

IC 35-45-2-1
Intimidation

snip

I hope that was cut and paste, if you typed it it was above and beyond the

call
of newsgroup.

Old July 18th 03, 03:17 PM
OldCop

Well Jim as of right now I'm considering a Titan S model. Something I can
get into (land) anywhere and still have some cross county ability. The
initial cost doesn't scare me, it's the per hours cost on reitrement money.
I have read that the 80 horse Jabiru's are about 3gph.

My oldest son just graduated for Purdue. We just moved him home last
weekend. We was in their avaition program and graduated with distinction. He
was chosen to fly their BeechJet last year and completed his duties the
first week of July. They paid for the Type Rating and he had to promise to
stay for a year. For what we spent at Purdue I could build something real
nice like you guys. He's got all the abc soup ratings and is instructing at
KJVY until something opens up.

Andrew my youngest is hoping to get into the Naval Acadmey and it's looking
good.

This all goes to money I hope to have to fly on after retirement.

I know class when I see it. Thanks for the smiles and knowledge you have
shared, keep up the good work,

OldCop

"Jim Weir" wrote in message
"Major Norman Wigginton"

-I have been reading this thread for a long time as I am hoping to build

my
-own airplane when I retire in 18 months.

Good!! Watcha gonna build?

-
-I have been a police officer for 29 years and I still marvel at the
-lengthens people will go to when someone hurts their feelings. It almost
-sounds like kids sometimes, "Mommy, he pushed me"!

And the funny part is, within arms reach are my Ruger Sweet 16, Ruger

stainless
Single Six, and my dad's 1913 Winchester.

-Something else I have learned during my career is that sometimes if you

just
-leave it alone it will go away.

That's the intent. I've got too much to do getting ready for Oshkosh next

week
to carry this little teapot tempest on.

-
-Lastly, I am trying very hard to be a Christian but I fail everyday. One
-should lead by example thru their actions, not by words.

Amen, brother.

-
-Please realize what a great thing we have here in RAH and be considerate

of
-others and just let some of the petty stuff roll off. Let it go Jim,

show
-them your class as you did in your apology.

Class? Hell, you got at least three LETTERS of it right {;-)

Jim

http://www.rst-engr.com