XM weather activation question Garmin 3/496

Old December 27th 06, 11:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Paul kgyy

Default XM weather activation question Garmin 3/496

I have one of the Awmap PDA-based systems that preceded Garmin's
396/496 series and have recurring trouble with the Wx download
de-activating if I don't fly for a month.

This time I can't re-activate at all for some reason.

Have any of you 3/496 owners had a problem with involuntary
de-activation?

Old December 27th 06, 11:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Gig 601XL Builder

"Paul kgyy" wrote in message
ups.com...
I have one of the Awmap PDA-based systems that preceded Garmin's
396/496 series and have recurring trouble with the Wx download
de-activating if I don't fly for a month.

This time I can't re-activate at all for some reason.

Have any of you 3/496 owners had a problem with involuntary
de-activation?

There were several when the 496 first came out that had the problem but
there hasn't been any mention of it on the group lately. I assumed they
fixed the problem.

Your problem is different if you can't get it reactivated at all.

Old December 29th 06, 01:43 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Jonathan Goodish

In article . com,
"Paul kgyy" wrote:
I have one of the Awmap PDA-based systems that preceded Garmin's
396/496 series and have recurring trouble with the Wx download
de-activating if I don't fly for a month.

This time I can't re-activate at all for some reason.

Have any of you 3/496 owners had a problem with involuntary
de-activation?

I didn't use my 396 for almost 3 months during my interior renovation.
I had no problems when I fired it up for the first time after that
period of time.

Then again, I didn't have any problems with the WxWorx box and AWM
deactivating either, but proper shutdown of AWM appeared to be key. I
suspect that the WxWorx box had something to do with it also. The
GXM30/GXM30A receivers are a Garmin design, so they wouldn't necessarily
have the same hardware problems of the WxWorx box.

JKG
Old December 30th 06, 05:38 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
xyzzy

Paul kgyy wrote:
I have one of the Awmap PDA-based systems that preceded Garmin's
396/496 series and have recurring trouble with the Wx download
de-activating if I don't fly for a month.

This time I can't re-activate at all for some reason.

Have any of you 3/496 owners had a problem with involuntary
de-activation?

When they do this involuntary deactivation, they stop charging you for
the service too, right? hahahaha, I'm funny sometimes

Old December 30th 06, 05:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Paul kgyy

When they do this involuntary deactivation, they stop charging you for
the service too, right? hahahaha, I'm funny sometimes

Well, actually, I called Wxworx about the problem and they did credit
me with 2 weeks of non-service. Shocking.

Old January 2nd 07, 04:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
xyzzy

Paul kgyy wrote:

When they do this involuntary deactivation, they stop charging you for
the service too, right? hahahaha, I'm funny sometimes

Well, actually, I called Wxworx about the problem and they did credit
me with 2 weeks of non-service. Shocking.

That's good to hear!