Looking for winglets, extensions, for either ASW20a or Ventus B

Old April 1st 19, 04:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Michael N.

Default Looking for winglets, extensions, for either ASW20a or Ventus B

I am considering the purchase of an ASW20 or Ventus B
In my price range, I am seeing a couple of gliders, that are possibilities, but do not have winglets or the 16.6m extensions.

Are winglets and / or 16.6 extensions available for these aircraft?
Do you know of any for sale?
How difficult is it to upgrade / install?

Thanks,
Mike
Old April 1st 19, 04:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Richard Pfiffner[_2_]

On Monday, April 1, 2019 at 8:26:34 AM UTC-7, Michael N. wrote:
I am considering the purchase of an ASW20 or Ventus B
In my price range, I am seeing a couple of gliders, that are possibilities, but do not have winglets or the 16.6m extensions.

Are winglets and / or 16.6 extensions available for these aircraft?
Do you know of any for sale?
How difficult is it to upgrade / install?

Thanks,
Mike

Mike,

Contact M & H Soaring

I have these winglets on my ventus b.

http://www.mandhsoaring.com/forsale.html

Richard
www.craggyaero.com

http://www.mandhsoaring.com/forsale.html
Old April 1st 19, 05:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tango Whisky

Le lundi 1 avril 2019 17:26:34 UTC+2, Michael N. a écritÂ*:
I am considering the purchase of an ASW20 or Ventus B
In my price range, I am seeing a couple of gliders, that are possibilities, but do not have winglets or the 16.6m extensions.

Are winglets and / or 16.6 extensions available for these aircraft?
Do you know of any for sale?
How difficult is it to upgrade / install?

Thanks,
Mike

If you are going for an ASW20, forget about 16.6 and go for winglets.
The 16.6 extensions will gain you an increase in L/D of 1 point up to 130 kph, and a decrease of L/D above that speed. And if there are thermals around, you will probably cruise at 130 kph or more.

Bert TW
Old April 1st 19, 06:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Michael N.

On Monday, April 1, 2019 at 9:26:34 AM UTC-6, Michael N. wrote:

Are winglets and / or 16.6 extensions available for these aircraft?
Do you know of any for sale?
How difficult is it to upgrade / install?

Good note on the ASW20 extensions. So just looking for winglets on that.
I have seen people post positive experience with the 16.6 extensions on the Ventus B. So I am still potentially in the market for those. As well as the winglets.
I am looking at the M and H winglets now.

Old April 1st 19, 06:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot)

I will start off by saying I am biased.......
Do the Nixon winglets.
I have flown his 20A and 20C with/without winglets.
For me, I could do my normal "yank and bank" with his winglets.
Just chat with Chip Bearden.....we flew 24's in various configurations decades ago head to head.

I have no clue if Hank can do extensions, may depend on how the ship is registered.

Just my $0.02.....
Old April 2nd 19, 02:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

I have a Ventus B with winglets ... like the 20 extensions will give you a but more at slower speeds but as you get to cruising speeds the advantage trails off.

DC