NEXTEL paint

Old April 1st 19, 06:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Agnew

Default NEXTEL paint

I used Flock-it to replace the faded gray piece of carpet covering my glareshield. Flocking is easy and produces a fantastic finish for glareshields.

http://www.flockit.com/ Available on Amazon, too.

PA
Old April 1st 19, 07:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Richard Pfiffner[_2_]

On Monday, April 1, 2019 at 10:45:04 AM UTC-7, Paul Agnew wrote:
I used Flock-it to replace the faded gray piece of carpet covering my glareshield. Flocking is easy and produces a fantastic finish for glareshields.

http://www.flockit.com/ Available on Amazon, too.

PA

Rust oleum, Make sure the wife is not at home.

Heat the oven to 200 F Turn it off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
place the panel in the oven and wait for it to cool.
Hardens and get rid of the off gas.

Richard
www.craggyaero.com
Old April 1st 19, 07:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS[_5_]

On Monday, April 1, 2019 at 10:45:04 AM UTC-7, Paul Agnew wrote:
I used Flock-it to replace the faded gray piece of carpet covering my glareshield. Flocking is easy and produces a fantastic finish for glareshields.

http://www.flockit.com/ Available on Amazon, too.

PA

Thanks, Paul.
I've used words like Flock-It a few times, but never the product. Looks interesting.
And thanks Richard for that recipe.
Jim
Old April 1st 19, 08:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Or you could wrap the part in a black plastic garbage bag and place it
outside in the sun.Â* I post cured a Q2 canard that way.

--
Dan, 5J
Old April 1st 19, 11:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot)

When in doubt...."just flock it?!?!".,.....

Sorry, couldn't resist......expecting some calls/emails/texts........

As to original question, yes, a few ways to do as requested. I have done other panels in similar ways, can't say I have done an aircraft panel although I believe Hank has 1 or 2 or dozens or.......many.......
Old April 2nd 19, 01:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Some years back I made a small effort to find a good match for the SH nextel paint. In that process, I found this ultra flat quick dry product from myperfectcolor.

It dries very quickly and once it's dried for a day or so doesn't smell and isn't tacky, even with multiple coats. It dries fast enough that you can re-coat in minutes and has held up very well long term.

While I took the SH glare shield cover down to my local Lowes to try to get a paint match, Lowes was only willing/able to cross to the nearest paint color available at Lowes and not willing to give me the color specifications.

What I ended up with was close-ish, but definitely not a match when held up side by side.

I much prefer this stuff over the Rustoleum or Krylon, etc.

https://www.myperfectcolor.com/en/pr...Acrylic-Enamel

Old April 2nd 19, 08:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bret Hess

Rustoleum makes a Chalkboard Surface Paint that might work well.
Old April 3rd 19, 01:45 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
GliderCZ

I've used Dupli-Color Vinyl and Fabric coating, medium gray. Easy to use, dries quickly without lingering fumes. Available at auto parts stores for about 8 bucks for 11-ounce spray can. Very durable.
Old April 3rd 19, 02:35 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Another thumbs up for Dupli-color paint. I use the Trim and Bumper paint and it's easily the most durable paint I've ever used on fiberglass. Although it doesn't give a textured finish, it does have a very nice eggshell type sheen to it and is very, very abrasion & scuff resistant. Far better than any Rustoleum or Krylon branded paints.

Robert

Old April 3rd 19, 02:50 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charlie Quebec

A from left field suggestion, Duratex speaker paint is very good for getting many different textures, by varying the application method, and is odour free. Tough stuff to stand the rigours of pro audio use.
You can get everything from a leather look to a sandpaper finish with ease. Very nice to work with. Small sample packs are available. Buy the special roller pack.

Paint job W&B Dan Luke Owning 2 March 31st 07 12:03 AM
paint ED[_2_] Home Built 1 March 23rd 07 06:15 AM
paint [email protected] Soaring 9 March 7th 06 09:22 PM
Paint Steve Owning 17 January 8th 06 08:54 AM
Nextel paint finish for cockpits Simon Waddell Soaring 5 December 26th 03 02:48 PM