Radio station license re-application?

Old August 10th 03, 11:21 PM
Mike Noel

Default Radio station license re-application?

I'm a bit confused about if I need to re-apply for the radio station license
after purchasing an airplane that already has one in-force. Do I need to
re-license the radios with the FCC?

--
Mike in Tucson (AVQ)
Archer N54405

Old August 11th 03, 01:47 AM
G.R. Patterson III

Mike Noel wrote:

I'm a bit confused about if I need to re-apply for the radio station license
after purchasing an airplane that already has one in-force. Do I need to
re-license the radios with the FCC?

Short answer - no. Legally, this is still required if you take the plane
outside the U.S., but Canada and the islands don't seem to be checking for
it. Mexico might be - anyone know?

Anyway, stay in the States, and you don't need it.

George Patterson
They say that nothing's certain except death and taxes. The thing is,
death doesn't get worse every time Congress goes into session.
Will Rogers

Old August 13th 03, 12:09 AM
Robert M. Gary

Mike Noel wrote:

I'm a bit confused about if I need to re-apply for the radio station license
after purchasing an airplane that already has one in-force. Do I need to
re-license the radios with the FCC?

Short answer - no. Legally, this is still required if you take the plane
outside the U.S., but Canada and the islands don't seem to be checking for
it. Mexico might be - anyone know?

Mexico doesn't check anymore.
Old August 13th 03, 09:40 PM
No Spam

Mike Noel wrote:

I'm a bit confused about if I need to re-apply for the radio station license
after purchasing an airplane that already has one in-force. Do I need to
re-license the radios with the FCC?

Short answer - no. Legally, this is still required if you take the plane
outside the U.S., but Canada and the islands don't seem to be checking for
it. Mexico might be - anyone know?

Mexico doesn't check anymore.

I think I've heard about some anal Customs (U.S.) guys at various border
points checking for it, though. No, they aren't FCC, but they can make
things very difficult. As in, confiscate your wings...

No Spam