Upgrading glider interior

Old April 10th 19, 04:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
soaringjc

Default Upgrading glider interior

I have seen pictures of some very nice interiors on older ships. Where does one purchase new seat pads, interior fabrics, new panel faces, and all that kind of stuff. Mainly looking for upgrades for a Grob 102. How are most people upgrading or refreshing their interiors?
Old April 10th 19, 04:30 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Emir Sherbi

Deluxe by gagula is the best. Ask if he has the patterns for your grob.
Old April 10th 19, 11:16 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ross[_3_]

The only place to go buy this stuff is Interieur in Albstadt Germany.
A very friendly and competent family owned business.
I have had several glider done there and the workmanship is second to none.

I did try to get Gagula to make something for me but he couldn't do what I wanted and Interieur could.
Old April 10th 19, 01:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charlie Quebec

I did it by having the parts covered, the main floor mat in grey artificial leather, and headrest with grey sheep skin.
The recovered the side panels with the same leather using the existing support.
Then I had a professional sewing place make a stick boot, and exact copy of the original in the same grey vinyl.
With a little care it came up very nice indeed.
Old April 10th 19, 02:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
soaringjac

On Wednesday, April 10, 2019 at 5:30:50 AM UTC-7, Charlie Quebec wrote:
I did it by having the parts covered, the main floor mat in grey artificial leather, and headrest with grey sheep skin.
The recovered the side panels with the same leather using the existing support.
Then I had a professional sewing place make a stick boot, and exact copy of the original in the same grey vinyl.
With a little care it came up very nice indeed.

Excellent! Seems like a reasonable task to be be able to DIY with a little help.
Old April 10th 19, 02:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
soaringjac

On Wednesday, April 10, 2019 at 3:16:23 AM UTC-7, Ross wrote:
The only place to go buy this stuff is Interieur in Albstadt Germany.
A very friendly and competent family owned business.
I have had several glider done there and the workmanship is second to none.

I did try to get Gagula to make something for me but he couldn't do what I wanted and Interieur could.

Thanks! I will check them out
Old April 10th 19, 06:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John DeRosa OHM Ω http://aviation.derosaweb.net

While I have not done any glider interior fabric work (other than a stick boot and some side pockets) I think that I would start at an automotive fabric supplier. Cars would see to be nearly the same environment that we have to live with.

I own a heavy duty Singer sewing machine that seems to be able to get through some pretty heavy stuff. Not too expensive. My $0.02.

https://www.google.com/search?q=auto...utf-8&oe=utf-8
https://www.google.com/search?q=sing...utf-8&oe=utf-8

Old April 10th 19, 08:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Richard Pfiffner[_2_]

On Tuesday, April 9, 2019 at 8:22:08 PM UTC-7, soaringjac wrote:
I have seen pictures of some very nice interiors on older ships. Where does one purchase new seat pads, interior fabrics, new panel faces, and all that kind of stuff. Mainly looking for upgrades for a Grob 102. How are most people upgrading or refreshing their interiors?

I went to a local leather shop with paper side templates for the pockets.

Richard
www.craggyaero.com