More dumb CNX-80 questions -- unloading an approach?

Old September 17th 04, 01:50 AM
Roy Smith

Default More dumb CNX-80 questions -- unloading an approach?

This seems to be my week for stupid CNX-80 ****.

Returning to HPN today, I asked for the ILS-34. I punched up PROC, then
selected ILS-34/Vectors and executed it. A little while later, I
decided I wanted to fly the ILS on the #2 NAV, and just monitor my
progress on the CNX-80 by having it navigate direct to the airport.

So, I hit -D-, expecting to scroll down to the bottom of the flight
plan until the destination was highlighted, then hit "Direct". To my
surprise, the last line in the flight plan was no longer my destination,
but instead "hold Manual". Of course, that makes sense (it's the
missed approach hold).

But, the question then becomes, once I've loaded an approach, how do I
get rid of it? It's easy to overlay it with a different approach, but
is there a way to get back to no approach procedure being loaded, so the
destination is the last waypoint in the flight plan?

I guess I could have gone into the database and spelled KHPN out, but
being able to highlight it from the flight plan is so much easier.
Old September 17th 04, 02:23 AM
John R. Copeland

"Roy Smith" wrote in message =
This seems to be my week for stupid CNX-80 ****.
=20
Returning to HPN today, I asked for the ILS-34. I punched up PROC, =

then=20
selected ILS-34/Vectors and executed it. A little while later, I=20
decided I wanted to fly the ILS on the #2 NAV, and just monitor my=20
progress on the CNX-80 by having it navigate direct to the airport.
=20
So, I hit -D-, expecting to scroll down to the bottom of the flight=20
plan until the destination was highlighted, then hit "Direct". To my=20
surprise, the last line in the flight plan was no longer my =

destination,=20
but instead "hold Manual". Of course, that makes sense (it's the=20
missed approach hold).
=20
But, the question then becomes, once I've loaded an approach, how do I =

get rid of it? It's easy to overlay it with a different approach, but =

is there a way to get back to no approach procedure being loaded, so =

the=20
destination is the last waypoint in the flight plan?
=20
I guess I could have gone into the database and spelled KHPN out, but=20
being able to highlight it from the flight plan is so much easier.

In your flight plan, scroll down to "ILS 34:", Press "EDIT", then "CLR".
You will be asked to confirm "Delete all legs of ILS 34".
Accepting that leaves you with a discontinuity before KHPN.
"CLR" that discontinuity, then press "EXEC".
HTH
---JRC---

Old September 17th 04, 11:30 AM
Roy Smith

In article ,
"John R. Copeland" wrote:

In your flight plan, scroll down to "ILS 34:", Press "EDIT", then "CLR".
You will be asked to confirm "Delete all legs of ILS 34".
Accepting that leaves you with a discontinuity before KHPN.
"CLR" that discontinuity, then press "EXEC".

Ah, that makes sense. Thanks!