Self-launching Training in the US

Old January 20th 10, 05:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ernst

Default Self-launching Training in the US

Where are commercial and other oportunities to receive training in
self-launiching sailplanes in the US?
Any help is appreciated.

Ernst
Old January 20th 10, 05:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andy[_1_]

http://www.skykingsoaring.com/
Old January 20th 10, 05:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dave Nadler

On Jan 20, 12:13*pm, Ernst wrote:
Where are commercial and other oportunities to receive training in
self-launiching sailplanes in the US?
Any help is appreciated.

Ernst

Ernst - You need to specify whether you are discussing:
- retractable-pylon high-performance gliders, or
- touring motorgliders

The safety considerations and appropriate training
are extremely different.

Try:
http://sites.google.com/site/motorgl...d-endorsements

Hope this helps,
Best Regards, Dave "YO electric" (Antares 20E pilot)
Old January 21st 10, 03:12 AM
tienshanman tienshanman is offline
Member

Good question. I'm also interested in MG training in a retractable pylon MGer.
Old January 21st 10, 06:50 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell

Dave Nadler wrote:
On Jan 20, 12:13 pm, Ernst wrote:

Where are commercial and other oportunities to receive training in
self-launiching sailplanes in the US?
Any help is appreciated.

Ernst

Ernst - You need to specify whether you are discussing:
- retractable-pylon high-performance gliders, or
- touring motorgliders

The safety considerations and appropriate training
are extremely different.

Try:
http://sites.google.com/site/motorgl...d-endorsements

Dave's link goes directly to your request. For other information, this
will take you to the home page, and is easier to remember:

motorglider.org

And we'll have a booth at the SSA convention.

--
Eric Greenwell - Washington State, USA

* "A Guide to Self-launching Sailplane Operation" at www.motorglider.org
Old January 21st 10, 08:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ernst

Thanks for all your help. Exactly what I was looking for.

Ernst

Winch Launching in US john hawkins Soaring 11 June 10th 09 12:18 PM
Winch Launching Rolf Soaring 27 January 7th 09 02:48 AM
Bungey Launching Chris Ellis Soaring 2 March 19th 07 01:48 AM
Electro-self-launching sailplane clement Soaring 5 September 12th 03 05:03 AM
Wench launching (sic) Jack Soaring 4 August 26th 03 01:51 PM