747-8 Intercontinental

Old April 20th 11, 01:47 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Alan Erskine[_4_]

Default 747-8 Intercontinental

On 20/04/2011 3:21 AM, Canuck wrote:
"Alan Erskine" wrote in message
nd.com...

On 18/04/2011 2:31 PM, Dave Kearton wrote:
"Bob (not my real pseudonym)" wrote in message
news

Boeing's new big baby.

Bob ^,,^

Going after the 'flamboyant' market.

What is the name of the American airline that had lots of different
colour schemes at the same time? Northwest (I don't think so)?

Braniff!

This color scheme reminds me of their pumpkin orange 747.

Nick

The 747-8 scheme is a bit more sophisticated. Perhaps more akin to
Qantas' 'Aboriginal art' 747.
Old April 21st 11, 07:58 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Canuck[_10_]

"Bob (not my real pseudonym)" wrote in message

On Tue, 19 Apr 2011 12:21:32 -0500, "Canuck"
wrote:

Braniff!

This color scheme reminds me of their pumpkin orange 747.

Big Orange!

I've read a rumor that Braniff had purchased a second 747 and that it
even got painted before the order was cancelled. It was supposedly to
be the Great Pickle, overall green.

Bob ^,,^

Thanks for that picture of Big Orange! I knew someone on here would have
one.

As for the the Great Pickle......I heard something to that effect. I'm not
100% certain....but a recently published magazine special on Braniff may
even have a photo. I'm going to have a look and if I find it, scan and post
it here.

Nick

Old April 21st 11, 07:59 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Canuck[_10_]

"Alan Erskine" wrote in message
ond.com...

On 20/04/2011 3:21 AM, Canuck wrote:
"Alan Erskine" wrote in message
nd.com...

On 18/04/2011 2:31 PM, Dave Kearton wrote:
"Bob (not my real pseudonym)" wrote in message
news

Boeing's new big baby.

Bob ^,,^

Going after the 'flamboyant' market.

What is the name of the American airline that had lots of different
colour schemes at the same time? Northwest (I don't think so)?

Braniff!

This color scheme reminds me of their pumpkin orange 747.

Nick

The 747-8 scheme is a bit more sophisticated. Perhaps more akin to
Qantas' 'Aboriginal art' 747.

Yes, this one is much prettier and more modern than the basic orange but it
is a bit of a reminder of Braniff's Big Orange.

Nick

Old April 21st 11, 09:05 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Bob (not my real pseudonym)

On Thu, 21 Apr 2011 01:58:28 -0500, "Canuck"
wrote:

"Bob (not my real pseudonym)" wrote in message
.. .

Big Orange!

I've read a rumor that Braniff had purchased a second 747 and that it
even got painted before the order was cancelled. It was supposedly to
be the Great Pickle, overall green.

Bob ^,,^

Thanks for that picture of Big Orange! I knew someone on here would have
one.

As for the the Great Pickle......I heard something to that effect. I'm not
100% certain....but a recently published magazine special on Braniff may
even have a photo. I'm going to have a look and if I find it, scan and post
it here.

Another Braniff 747, begged/bought/borrowed from American. Not quite
as impressive as the first one...

Can't find the slide now, but they also had an orange 747SP.

Bob ^,,^

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	747-123  N9666  Braniff  SEA  1-79  A.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	116.1 KB
ID:	47913