Polished Aluminum Spinner

Old June 15th 06, 08:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Polished Aluminum Spinner

2-3 hours? To polish a SPINNER?

Even if I do it every month it takes over an hour. It's as if the
water spots are eating their way in... Or maybe I'm just too fussy.
No, it's not that as it's probably more like lack of ambition.

Rodger,

I will second your observation. I polish my spinner about once per month
using NeverDull. It takes every bit of an hour, 1/3 of the can, three
dish-towel sized rags, a ton of elbow grease and two black hands and finger
nails.

It's always the water spots that drive me to polish it. It makes me crazier
than seeing my face covered with acne at thirteen, but at least water spots
on my spinner hasn't yet kept me from getting a date.

Kobra

Old June 16th 06, 07:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

I very surprised when I was shown to use flour or cornmeal on the rag. The
flour absorbs the black goo and makes the whole job goo much easier.

Kent,

If that works I'm sending you a case of beer.

Kobra

Old June 16th 06, 08:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

On Fri, 16 Jun 2006 14:17:59 -0400, "Kobra"
wrote:

What Kent said. Can I have some free beer too? 8^)

Bela P. Havasreti

Old June 17th 06, 09:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

On Fri, 16 Jun 2006 10:49:07 -0500, "Fly" fly at icu.net wrote:

I very surprised when I was shown to use flour or cornmeal on the rag. The
flour absorbs the black goo and makes the whole job goo much easier.

Kent Felkins

We use cornstarch-don't know why, but it seems to work OK

TC
Old June 19th 06, 02:09 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

If that works I'm sending you a case of beer.

Kobra

Want my address? I Like Warsteiner ...............

Actually.. I'll let you off easy with rain check.
My wife is from Europe and after drinking beer there I become spoilt.
America does not have good beer. I grew up craving Coors and Bud.
Now its horse ****.

Toecutter is right. Its cornstarch instaed of corn meal.

Kent Felkins
Tulsa

Old June 19th 06, 02:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

On 2006-06-19, Fly fly wrote:
My wife is from Europe and after drinking beer there I become spoilt.
America does not have good beer. I grew up craving Coors and Bud.

Coors and Bud are not American beer. They are American, but they don't
count as beer.

Proper American beer is very good in the main. Try beers from local
independent breweries instead of the giants, and try something other
than lager (which is essentially what Budweiser is).