Pinckneyville 2006 pics

Old May 22nd 06, 05:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Pinckneyville 2006 pics

Well, I made it to the Pincnkeyville rec.aviation.* get-together this
year. Once again, Mary's cooking was excellent, lasagne to die for,
lashings of good BBQ etc. I think the weather gods must have blinked too
- we actually had great weather all weekend, and the flight up from
Houston was probably the easiest weather ever for the fly-in (there was
still the front that lay across Arkansas - it's there EVERY YEAR for the
fly in weekend, but it had no significant weather associated with it and
it was severe VFR for the whole duration of the flight both coming and
going).

Many of the usual suspects made it to the fly-in, and this year as well
as the normal aviation maintenance event, there was some motorcycle
madness, and we built and test flew a homebuilt kit plane in under 1
hour on Sunday morning. (Well, it was a smaller scale quick build kit).

By Saturday night, many had pitched in a donation into the Bucket of
Beer Bottles and we had a fantastic selection of microbrewed beers and
Real Ales.

Photos are at:
http://www.alioth.net/pics/Pinckneyv...ille-2006.html

Old May 22nd 06, 09:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"Dylan Smith" wrote

Photos are at:
http://www.alioth.net/pics/Pinckneyv...ille-2006.html

What is the plane shown right after the tent being safety wired?
--
Jim in NC

Old May 22nd 06, 10:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Morgans wrote:

"Dylan Smith" wrote

Photos are at:
http://www.alioth.net/pics/Pinckneyv...ille-2006.html

What is the plane shown right after the tent being safety wired?

A KR-2. I think the builder is the host of this nearby event:

http://www.fly-kr.com/
Old May 22nd 06, 10:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

I can now say (thanks to Paul's invite) that I too am officially a member of
the Ilk!

It was indeed a fun weekend, and the flight down and back from Rochester was
an adventure in itself, at least for a 6-month post checkride newbie like
myself. :-)

I've got a Pinckneyville photo gallery up as well with about 110 pictures.

http://pinckneyville.oshawapilot.ca

And the beginnings of my blog entries on the experience can be found at the
link in my siggy.

It was nice meeting everyone! Although I primarilly lurk here in the
rec.aviation heirarchy, I was finally able to put some names to faces.

And the food was to die for. I *must* learn to cook ribs like that.

--
Regards, Mark.
http://www.oshawapilot.ca
Old May 22nd 06, 10:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"Rich Ahrens" wrote in message

A KR-2. I think the builder is the host of this nearby event:

http://www.fly-kr.com/

Thanks.

In the web site, it said that there are some Corvair KR-planes that will be
there. I wonder if they have the new protection against the broken cranks.
--
Jim in NC

Old May 23rd 06, 02:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Photos are at:
http://www.alioth.net/pics/Pinckneyv...ille-2006.html

Thanks for the pix, Dylan.

I still am incredulous that we have NEVER made it to Pinckneyville. Every
year, something gets in the way. The closest we've come was last year, when
we were turned back by thunderstorms. Then, this year, the Big Kids Toy
Show...

Next year, for sure!

(I think I said that in '98, '99, '00, '01, '02, '03, '04, '05, and, now,
'06...)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old May 23rd 06, 05:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Thanks for the pic's, Dylan. Hated to miss it this year.

--
Dan
C-172RG at BFM

Old May 23rd 06, 08:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"Morgans" wrote in message

"Rich Ahrens" wrote in message

A KR-2. I think the builder is the host of this nearby event:

http://www.fly-kr.com/

Thanks.

In the web site, it said that there are some Corvair KR-planes that will
be there. I wonder if they have the new protection against the broken
cranks.
--
Jim in NC

Yep they do.

http://flycorvair.com/crankissues.html

Old May 23rd 06, 09:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student

"Longworth" wrote in message
"It was a short ride to his home in Lowell.

Small world.... they guy I stole my wife from lives in Lowell, we still
visit him and his family. I thank him and he thanks me.

My inlaws live just down the road at Hastings, so we fly into 9D9.

Jim