OLC posting of EW Model D files

Old April 23rd 07, 12:10 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Wayne Paul

Default OLC posting of EW Model D files

The time has arrived to start posting flights.

I am using SeeYou version 3.7 to download EW files from my Model D and
convert them to IGC format.

My attempts to post an April 20 flight have all failed to validated. The
flight is scored; however, there is an error message that states "Security
code in file does not match computed value." I have attempted post the
flight using the SeeYou utility to connect and upload the file; the "Direct
Claim (IGC-file)"; and, the "Prepared Claim (OLC-file)" options. However,
all yield the same unsatisfactory results.

Last year the EW Model D - SeeYou - OLC flow worked flawlessly.

Have other EW Model D users been having a similar problem making claims to
OLC-2007?

Any assistance in resolving this problem will be greatly appreciated.

Wayne
HP-14 "6F"
http://www.soaridaho.com/

Old April 23rd 07, 12:44 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan[_6_]

On Apr 22, 4:10 pm, "Wayne Paul" wrote:
[...]

Hi Wayne;
I've had no problems with uploading to OLC lately.
I just go directly to OLC and claim the flight. It seems to go faster
than going through SeeYou. It's really easy now.

Hope that helps,
Dan Rihn

Old April 23rd 07, 02:54 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS

On Apr 22, 4:10 pm, "Wayne Paul" wrote:

My attempts to post an April 20 flight have all failed to validated.

Last year the EW Model D - SeeYou - OLC flow worked flawlessly.

Welcome to the club!
Jim

Old April 23rd 07, 03:34 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS

But seriously Wayne,
Try again (including transferring files from the logger). And again
until it works. Something may have got corrupted in between. Took me
11 tries with WinPilot and 302 files last night and this morning, but
it may have worked.
Jim

Old April 23rd 07, 04:31 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Wayne Paul

"JS" wrote in message
ps.com...
But seriously Wayne,
Try again (including transferring files from the logger). And again
until it works. Something may have got corrupted in between. Took me
11 tries with WinPilot and 302 files last night and this morning, but
it may have worked.
Jim

So what you are telling me is that I need to download the file from my
recorder then make an OLC declariation. If it doesn't pass verification,
delete it and then repeat the process until it passes. Is that correct?

Wayne
HP-14 "6F"
http://www.soaridaho.com/

Old April 23rd 07, 04:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Wayne Paul

In addition to the OLC-2007 failures I have been experience with files
transferred to my laptop using SeeYou, I am having the same problem using
the IGC approved EW Windows Uploader.

Has anyone had success making an OLC-2007 flight claim of a flight recorded
on an EW Model D? If so, send me an email describing the process you are
using.

I have emailed describing my problems and am waiting
for their reply.

Thank you,

Wayne
HP-14 "6F"
http://www.soaridaho.com/

Old April 23rd 07, 04:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
5Z

On Apr 23, 9:04 am, "Wayne Paul" wrote:
In addition to the OLC-2007 failures I have been experience with files
transferred to my laptop using SeeYou, I am having the same problem using
the IGC approved EW Windows Uploader.

Wayne, after downloading your flight, does it pass the VALI-xxx.exe
check? If so, then the error is being introduced during the upload to
OLC. If not, then there is a problem with downloading from the FR to
your computer.

The impression I have based on the above comment is that the problem
is during transfer from the FR to your computer. If that is indeed
the case, then you must fix that problem before submitting to the OLC
unless you just want to set a placeholder for the flight prior to the
Tuesday deadline. Then the transfer issue must be resolved and
finally you can upload the valid file.

-Tom

Old April 23rd 07, 05:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Wayne Paul

"5Z" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Thank you for your suggestion; however, to the best of my knowledge a
separate VALI-xxx.exe program no longer exists for the EW Model D. My last
attempt was using the EW Windows Uploader found on the FAI site.
(http://www.fai.org/gliding/gnss/freeware.asp) This program produces an IGC
file which requires the download and conversion of the EW data file. It
would be a shame if this manufacture's product skips the validation process.
The process runs smoothly without any indication of a problem.

Again, thank you for taking the time to assist me.

Wayne

Old April 23rd 07, 07:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Graham Paul

Hi,
The Upload program for transferring files from the EW model 'B' and 'D',
is available under software on www.ewavionics.com.
Graham

Newsgroup: rec.aviation.soaring
Subject: OLC posting of EW Model D files

Old April 23rd 07, 09:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Wayne Paul

Graham,

The software on the FAI site is the EW provided EW Windows Uploader. I
uninstalled it and installed the version on the EW site that is optimized
for use with an USB to serial converter. My 20 April flight file was
transferred from my EW to my laptop and a OLC claim was completed using the
"Direct Claim (IGC - file)" process. The IGC security record still doesn't
match the OLC computed value. So the mystery continues.

Thank you for your assistance.

Wayne
HP-14 "6F"
http://www.soaridaho.com/

Posting Trouble Cody Dawg Piloting 3 November 29th 06 08:06 PM
OLC Posting Problem jcarlyle Soaring 4 September 28th 06 02:45 AM
and, since I am posting.... Dave Piloting 9 November 21st 05 01:36 AM
Ad posting help Newps Aviation Marketplace 0 August 16th 05 04:07 PM
Import/export AeroFly Pro models from/to other standard 3d model files such as *.3ds, *.x, *.lwo,... etc Simulators 0 March 27th 05 08:30 AM