What is the cheapest way to get into air? (no jokes please)

Old February 10th 06, 12:37 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Default What is the cheapest way to get into air? (no jokes please)

Better than that.

Climb on toilet and flap your arms and jump off.

No construction.

No cost of building or buying.

Can be done without leaving home.

No cost of operating.

Short flight until on the ground but if you can't afford to fly longer
don't.

Somebody had to take the straight line and run with it )

Big John
`````````

On 9 Feb 2006 10:01:33 -0800, wrote:

Bill Daniels wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...
I want to get airborne with as little building involvement as possible.
The cheapest way. And with little maintenance as possible.
What are the possibilities?

You just described buying a used sailplane.

Hmm, it seems to me he just described joining a gliding club.

No building, no buying, no maintenance and probably discounted
lessons as well.

Old February 10th 06, 12:46 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

("Big John" wrote)
Climb on toilet and flap your arms and jump off.

Somebody had to take the straight line and run with it )

You're on a roll now. g

Montblack
"...turn on the FAN!"
Old February 10th 06, 02:09 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

"Morgans" wrote in message

Shame on you! You, like me chose to lay out the truth. I did the same,
only a little "tougher love," to another poster, and I had people jump me,
for that.

But Jim - we *like* him.

Rich S. )

Old February 10th 06, 02:48 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

"Big John" wrote

Climb on toilet and flap your arms and jump off.
Short flight until on the ground but if you can't afford to fly longer
don't.

Somebody had to take the straight line and run with it )

Big John

Shame on you! You, like me chose to lay out the truth. I did the same,
only a little "tougher love," to another poster, and I had people jump me,
for that.

Whatever, I believe like you. If you have to ask how much gas a boat burns,
you can't afford the boat. A lot of truth holds over to airplanes, and
flying.
--
Jim in NC

Old February 10th 06, 04:48 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

That's not a very welcoming attitude to have. For whatever reasons,
there are a lot of people who don't have a lot of extra cash. Some
just don't make as much money as they'd like; others make plenty but
have bills to pay. Regardless, the guy didn't come online trying to
find out how to buy a Cirrus. He came truly asking about getting into
the air with the resources that are available. If he truly wants to
fly, he can look for a way to make it happen.

It's saddening to see such elitism creep into what, for the most part,
is a very friendly community. Maybe he'd make a better "pilot" buying
a $200,000 dollar airplane and leaving it in a hangar for years at a
time.

Mike Gaskins

Old February 10th 06, 08:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Morgans wrote:
"Big John" wrote

Climb on toilet and flap your arms and jump off.
Short flight until on the ground but if you can't afford to fly longer
don't.

Somebody had to take the straight line and run with it )

Big John

Shame on you! You, like me chose to lay out the truth.

What truth was that?

It looks to me like he told not truth nor any lies.

Suppose the truth is that the cheapest was to get into the air costs
$200,000. Then the truth is, the cheapest way costs $200,000.

But OP didn't give us a dollar figure or any practical information.
He just made fun of the question.

I did the same,
only a little "tougher love," to another poster, and I had people jump me,
for that.

Whatever, I believe like you. If you have to ask how much gas a boat burns,
you can't afford the boat. A lot of truth holds over to airplanes, and
flying.

Are you _sure_ he can't afford a membership in a gliding or flying
club?

Are you _sure_ he can't afford hanggliding, ultralight, PPG, or gliding
lessons and a used but servicible wing?

What is the basis for your conclusion?

--

FF