A REALLY bad joke

Old November 27th 06, 07:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Macklin

Default A REALLY bad joke

Tiger Woods had a driver error, too.

"Bob Fry" wrote in message
| "GB" == Greg B writes:
|
| GB I had a passenger sleeping while I was following
one of those
| GB large tow trucks that was towing a semi-tractor by
its
| GB tail. She woke up and screamed at first until she
realized we
| GB weren't on a collision course with the semi. Sure
startled
| GB me...
|
| I had a kid scream a few seconds before landing in a C182
"we're going
| to crash!!!" I remember thinking, humm, I don't think my
landings are
| that bad, does he see another plane??...then I realized he
wasn't used
| to the sight angle out the front of a Cessna in a steep
descent with
| 40 degrees flaps.
|
| I've had other pax ask if something is wrong when the
throttle is
| pulled back on downwind.
|
| An instructor told me that one time slipping a plane to
landing, his
| wife thought they were going to crash.
|
| Makes you realize that what to pilots are perfectly normal
things, to
| pax may be their last moments.
|
| --
| "Like car accidents, most hardware problems are due to
driver error."

Old November 27th 06, 07:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jose[_1_]

Never say, "Fasten your seat belts, we're going down."
Better say, "Fasten your seatbelt, I'm getting ready to
land." even if you're going down.

.... and your passengers might not know the difference between the crash
and your regular landings. g

Apropos of other "bad jokes", I used to tell my wife that when I'm
driving, if I don't like what I see, I just close my eyes for a while.
Once I closed my right eye and she freaked out for a moment until she
realized I was pulling her leg.

Jose
--
"There are 3 secrets to the perfect landing. Unfortunately, nobody knows
what they are." - (mike).
Old November 27th 06, 07:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Macklin

I have always carried pretty good passengers, really don't
want to cause them problems at least until they pay the
bill.

I'd love to have a car with a full set of controls in the
right rear seat and drive on the freeway with nobody in the
front seats. Maybe a mini-van.

. com...

Old November 27th 06, 07:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
B A R R Y[_2_]

Jim Macklin wrote:
Never say, "Fasten your seat belts, we're going down."
Better say, "Fasten your seatbelt, I'm getting ready to
land." even if you're going down.

An FBO employee made my wife (a nervous airline flyer) turn ghost white
by saying: "A busy day gets worse when one of your planes goes down."
He was referring to a rental C152 with an alternator squawk "going down"
for maintenance. G
Old November 27th 06, 07:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Brian[_1_]

An FBO employee made my wife (a nervous airline flyer) turn ghost white
by saying: "A busy day gets worse when one of your planes goes down."
He was referring to a rental C152 with an alternator squawk "going down"
for maintenance. G

Like I pilot friend of mine told me he was coming in to land and
misjudged the approach and came in way to high. Upon Initiating a go
arround and told his passengers "We're not go make it" Meaning he was
going to have to go around. The passengers took it to mean "We are'nt
going to make it"

Old November 27th 06, 09:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Montblack

("Mxsmanic" wrote)
Flying is a serious matter. Showing off and clowning are not appropriate
in the air.

Agreed. It's a bit like a doctor making jokes to a patient about whether
or not he'll survive an upcoming operation.

THAT WOULD NOT BE FUNNY!!!

(...well, a little funny)

Mont-little-black-bag

Old November 27th 06, 09:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Macklin

yep, that would do it.

. com...

Old November 27th 06, 10:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Beckman

"Montblack" wrote in message
("Mxsmanic" wrote)
Flying is a serious matter. Showing off and clowning are not
appropriate in the air.

Agreed. It's a bit like a doctor making jokes to a patient about whether
or not he'll survive an upcoming operation.

THAT WOULD NOT BE FUNNY!!!

(...well, a little funny)

Mont-little-black-bag

Wasn't it Bill Cosby who did the routine about just going under the
anasthetic (sp?) when the surgeon says "Ooops..." ???

"What do you mean, oops? I know what I mean when I say oops, but what the
hell do you mean when YOU say ooops??"

Jay B

Old November 27th 06, 10:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gig 601XL Builder

"Montblack" wrote in message
("Mxsmanic" wrote)

Agreed. It's a bit like a doctor making jokes to a patient about whether
or not he'll survive an upcoming operation.

THAT WOULD NOT BE FUNNY!!!

(...well, a little funny)

Hell, they've made a TV show about just that. "House"

Old November 27th 06, 10:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

When flying inter-island (over the vast 75 mile gap between O'ahu and
Kaua'i) in the Cardinal I'll occaisionally pretend to lose my way when
it's a passenger I know well... causing them to start suggesting
alternate directions, which are always wrong.

Another one is that approaching any island when the relative humidity
is above 50% you see massive cloud buildups over the mountains (fair
weather cumulous, but with tops at about 9-11K), since the humidity is
so high a light haze will obscure the actual island and I'll gently
lead my passenger to believe that we need to fly through the massive
thunderstorm ahead of us.