Moller Skycar for $3.5 Million

Old September 30th 05, 12:31 AM
Kyle Boatright

"Ken Chaddock" wrote in message
news:MSZ_e.253696$9A2.72113@edtnps89...
Don Hammer wrote:

Moler is like Jim Bede. Great at raising money for his pie-in-the-sky
ideas. After at least ten years, you'd think he'd have something
other than a sortof mockup. Where's the beef?

After 50+ years and trillions of $$$s,, where are all the fusion reactors
? Some things take time...

...Ken

There is a difference between fusion reactors, which are beyond the cutting
edge research projects.

Moler's project is a bit different. First, the technology exists to do what
he says he intends to do. He still hasn't gotten there. Beyond that, he's
promising performance figures that can't be achieved with the type craft
he's projecting. Check out his range/fuel mileage claims. Completely
impossible.

So, what we have in one instance is people trying to develop new technology
which may or may not achievable, ever.

And then, there is Moler, who has a 30+ year of failure at creating a flying
machine which should be doable with today's technology, although it'll never
meet the claimed performance. So, he's more or less a failure and a fraud
at the same time.

KB

Old September 30th 05, 01:29 AM
Montblack

("Ken Chaddock" wrote)
After 50+ years and trillions of $$$s,, where are all the fusion
reactors ?

93 million miles away.

Montblack
Old September 30th 05, 02:27 AM
Anthony W

wmbjk wrote:

http://www.sec.gov/litigation/litreleases/lr17987.htm What surprises
me is that even though it only takes seconds to find evidence of his
decades of hucksterism, people apparently still send him money and
dream of flying his creation. Then again, this is his second attempt
to sell the prototype, so maybe he's finally running out of suckers.

Wayne

Like I said before, it's amazing he has stayed out of jail. Some years
ago a cross-dresser was selling stock for a company to build a 3 wheeled
car. When the feds check into it, there wasn't any thing more than a
mock up and no serious efforts to build anything. That weirdo
eventually went to jail over it.

Tony
Old September 30th 05, 03:58 AM
Richard Isakson

"Richard Riley" wrote ...
(My favorite is the "Fascination"
http://www.popcultmag.com/oddglimpse.../spacecar.html

Oh yeh, just great:
"First, let's look under the hood (presuming it has one, somewhere). While
the Fascination's standard engine is an aluminum, fuel-injected
four-cylinder, a new type of energy source is touted as the vehicle's
soon-to-come power drive: the Nobel Gas Plasma Engine. "This engine is a
closed two-cycle reciprocating engine that has no intake, uses no air,
emitting no exhaust at all. The fuel is self-contained and hermetically
sealed in the cylinders which are initially charged at the time of
manufacturing, carrying their own power supply that will last approximately
60 to 75 thousand miles with no fall of efficiency." An environmentally safe
engine that doesn't need refueling for 60,000 miles-why haven't we heard of
this miracle power source? (GM or Ford obviously must have sent out their
minions to squelch such a potentially damaging competitor.)"

Where's that "Flavored Coffee" idiot?

Rich

Old September 30th 05, 04:24 AM
Anthony W

Richard Riley wrote:
On Fri, 30 Sep 2005 01:27:33 GMT, Anthony W
wrote:

:
:Like I said before, it's amazing he has stayed out of jail. Some years
:ago a cross-dresser was selling stock for a company to build a 3 wheeled
:car. When the feds check into it, there wasn't any thing more than a
:mock up and no serious efforts to build anything. That weirdo
:eventually went to jail over it.

That would be the "Dale"

http://www.3wheelers.com/dale.html

I didn't want to say so and give them any more publicity but, yes. The
Skycar should go the way of the dale. On their best day neither of them
will ever be a Tucker and he went down in flames but at least Tucker had
a sellable product...

Tony
Old September 30th 05, 03:16 PM
Flyingmonk

He hasn't made anything that flew w/o tether, but he did make decent
motorcycle mufflers (SuperTrap) and was successful at selling them.

Bryan "The Monk" Chaisone

Old September 30th 05, 08:00 PM
Anthony W

Flyingmonk wrote:
He hasn't made anything that flew w/o tether, but he did make decent
motorcycle mufflers (SuperTrap) and was successful at selling them.

Bryan "The Monk" Chaisone

I didn't know that was him. He should have stuck with that, suppertrap
exhaust systems were about the best available...

Tony
Old October 1st 05, 02:01 AM
Flyingmonk

Tony wrote:
I didn't know that was him. He should have stuck with that, suppertrap
exhaust systems were about the best available...

Yep, that be him.

Bryan "The Monk" Chaisone

Old October 1st 05, 02:16 AM
Roger

On Thu, 29 Sep 2005 03:37:59 GMT, Anthony W
wrote:

Kyle Boatright wrote:
"Don Hammer" wrote in message
news
Moler is like Jim Bede. Great at raising money for his pie-in-the-sky
ideas. After at least ten years, you'd think he'd have something
other than a sortof mockup. Where's the beef?

Try 30+ years. Also, his website indicates he's spent $100 million.

I find it amazing that mainstream media still pimps his wares from time to
time, given that he's 30 years and $100 million into the project and has
Zero results other than a display only model with a pretty paint job.

PT Barnum would be so proud...

I'm suprised the feds haven't busted him for fraud by now...

Are you kidding? The feds and NASA think the basic idea is great and
actually have a program to develop something along those lines. Can
you imagine the air traffic if even one percent of the drives had
something like that?

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com

Tony

Old October 1st 05, 02:33 AM
Kyle Boatright

"Roger" wrote in message
On Thu, 29 Sep 2005 03:37:59 GMT, Anthony W
wrote:

Kyle Boatright wrote:
"Don Hammer" wrote in message
news
Moler is like Jim Bede. Great at raising money for his pie-in-the-sky
ideas. After at least ten years, you'd think he'd have something
other than a sortof mockup. Where's the beef?

Try 30+ years. Also, his website indicates he's spent $100 million.

I find it amazing that mainstream media still pimps his wares from time
time, given that he's 30 years and $100 million into the project and has
Zero results other than a display only model with a pretty paint job.

PT Barnum would be so proud...

I'm suprised the feds haven't busted him for fraud by now...

Are you kidding? The feds and NASA think the basic idea is great and
actually have a program to develop something along those lines. Can
you imagine the air traffic if even one percent of the drives had
something like that?

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com

I wonder if the Feds and NASA really think that? I seem to remember that
Moler has gotten federal grants for some of his work, but all that takes is
a friendly congressman to bury an appropriation in a spending bill. Trust
me, if you know the right people, it ain't hard to do.

In my professional career, the company I work for entered into a partnership
of sorts with a developer of alternate energy sources. After a while, we
ended the relationship because it became apparent that they didn't have a
useful product to offer. Instead, the President of the company had enough
REALLY GOOD political contacts to get Federal Grants which would have kept
his phoney baloney project well funded until he retired, even though the
product (essentially vaporware) didn't have a leg to stand on once you
dissected the thermodynamics and the ratios of energy consumed versus energy
produced...

KB

millionaire on the Internet... in weeks! Malcolm Austin Soaring 0 November 5th 04 11:14 PM
Death toll now 10 times 9/11 X98 Military Aviation 9 June 11th 04 05:23 AM
Moller skycar still kicking Harry K Home Built 16 May 26th 04 05:16 PM
Moller Skycar T-Boy Piloting 17 March 1st 04 04:23 PM
Progress on Flying Car Steve Dufour General Aviation 5 December 19th 03 03:48 PM