Vehicular Ramp Access

Old March 23rd 07, 08:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Montblack

Default Vehicular Ramp Access

("Gig 601XL Builder" wrote)
Get yourself a picket sign. Doesn't matter what it says. Then you are
exercising your free speech rights on city property.

Then they will exercise their enforcement prerogative...

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/law/jan-june07/speech_03-19.html
This is a "fascinating case". I think so anyway. g

Ok, granted it's school apples vs. threat level orange, but still... much of
your future right to do the picket sign thing will depend on how this ruling
comes down. Maybe.

Montblack-robes

Old March 23rd 07, 09:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jose

Ok, granted it's school apples vs. threat level orange

The values we teach in high school will be the ones that will be
enforced upon us by the graduating class when they come to power.

What would you like them to get used to?

Jose
--
Humans are pack animals. Above all things, they have a deep need to
follow something, be it a leader, a creed, or a mob. Whosoever fully
Old March 24th 07, 12:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
601XL Builder

Montblack wrote:

Ok, granted it's school apples vs. threat level orange, but still... much of
your future right to do the picket sign thing will depend on how this ruling
comes down. Maybe.

Only if I go back to high school. Which is unlikely.
Old March 24th 07, 02:31 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Owen Roberts

Denny wrote:

I noticed a federal court just struck down internet porn filter
regulations promulgated by the Bush administration related to our
topic by being another set of federal regulations rammed down our
throats by zealots... I would not have predicted this outcome for
that suit, but it is refreshing to see the court take the stand that
it is the parents LEGAL responsibility to MONITOR and CONTROL their
children, not the school's, not the library's, etc. and that the
government does not have the constitutional power to reallocate that
responsibility to third parties......

The case cited involved a 1998 U.S. Statue making it a crime for web site
operators (commercial) to let children access "harmful" material. I am
fairly sure that Bush was not the President who signed said law in 1998,
but you may not be.

Here is the ruling, which was at the District Court level:
http://www.paed.uscourts.gov/documen...s/07D0346P.pdf

Sorry to inject facts into your blind partisan ranting. It is fascinating
that the people who say ___ sucks are the same people who demonstrate that
they have no clue what they preach about. Have a nice day.

Old March 24th 07, 04:29 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bob Noel

In article ,
"Marco Leon" wrote:

Thanks for the info. A few questions if I may John.
1) How do the owners perform preventative maintenance on their aircraft?
Specifically, how do they get tools and supplies to the aircraft?

I've been TDY, so am just reading this now.

At KBED vehicles can drive through specific gates and get to T-hangars and also
tie-downs. We can only drive in non-movement areas. In fact, post-9/11, the
access gates now REQUIRE automobiles - no more walking through gates or riding
bikes. I had to put one of those magnet gizmos on my motorcycle to trip the
sensor.

2) Was there an issue with handicap access?

I don't understand the question. But the massport operation guys will escort you
as soon as they can - just call them up/

3) Has there been any pedestrian accidents on the ramp that may have been
prevented if there was vehicular access?

Don't think so.

4) Was there a fight before the airport took away access or was it close
enough to 9-11 that there was no pushback?

Massport doesn't even acknowledge pushback.

5) Does Hanscom have a photo badging system (or other security mechanisms)
for pilots/owners or is the removal of vehicular access the main security
measure?

Yes. We have a photo badge which we have to renew every two years.
And, again, I can drive my car (and motorcycle) through a gate to get
to my airplane.

--
Bob Noel
(gave up lookingn for a particular sig the lawyer will)

Old March 24th 07, 11:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
mike griffin

Same issue may come up at KCXO (Conroe, Texas.) Meeting with manager is
th 28th. Was AOPA of assistance? If so whom did you contact? TIA!

Griffin

Old March 27th 07, 03:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
John[_9_]

A new wrinkle just this month at KBED is that TSA is now mandating
that there must be two forms of ID on file for every badge holder and
one has to state nationality. MassPort was apparently a little late
in getting the word out and now people are scrambling to get caught
up. We just had a young mech's badge pulled. I was asked to produce
mine in the hangar but my name is not on a list of people with only
one ID so I am o.k.

Apparently MassPort is under threat of having thier entire badge
system decertified if they can't resolve discrepancies.

John

Old March 27th 07, 06:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
john smith[_2_]

In article . com,
"John" wrote:

A new wrinkle just this month at KBED is that TSA is now mandating
that there must be two forms of ID on file for every badge holder and
one has to state nationality.

What are acceptable forms of personal identification?
I have exactly one, a state issued drivers license.
Old March 29th 07, 02:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
John[_9_]

On Mar 27, 1:23 pm, john smith wrote:
In article . com,

"John" wrote:
A new wrinkle just this month at KBED is that TSA is now mandating
that there must be two forms of ID on file for every badge holder and
one has to state nationality.

What are acceptable forms of personal identification?
I have exactly one, a state issued drivers license.

Birth Certificate or official copy and passport were mentioned. Some
people have used social security cards and Pilot's licenses and
mechanics licenses have nationality on them.

Ramp riders Paul Aviation Photos 3 November 20th 06 11:48 PM
Ramp Riders 6 Paul Aviation Photos 0 November 19th 06 10:09 PM
Ramp riders 5 Paul Aviation Photos 0 November 19th 06 10:09 PM
FAA "Ramp Check" Delta_Whiskey Soaring 1 August 11th 03 03:05 AM
MMU ramp fee Peter Gottlieb Piloting 25 August 9th 03 12:49 AM