OLC Registration

Old April 16th 07, 10:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default OLC Registration

I have been trying to register on the OLC and keep getting an error
message:
Cannot store data on database. (Access denied for user
'olcphp'@'localhost' to database 'olc2006')
Anyone else have this problem or have any ideas?

Brian Utley

Old April 16th 07, 10:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Apr 16, 2:44 pm, " wrote:
I have been trying to register on the OLC and keep getting an error
message:
Cannot store data on database. (Access denied for user
'olcphp'@'localhost' to database 'olc2006')
Anyone else have this problem or have any ideas?

Brian Utley

http://www.onlinecontest.org/olc-2.0...mberadmin.html

Brian,
That may be the old database ('olc2006'). Try the above link.
Jim

Old April 17th 07, 03:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Apr 16, 5:56 pm, wrote:
On Apr 16, 2:44 pm, " wrote:

Good catch!

Again, DO NOT USE LINKS FROM LAST YEAR OR EVEN EARLIER THIS WINTER.

They have renamed everything and every page.

http://www3.onlinecontest.org/olc-2....ringId=1&today

is a good start if you have no other link.

The SSA link to OLC USA is now correct.

Bob

Old April 17th 07, 04:21 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mal[_3_]

They changed servers bettween the 10 th and 14 th April.

I noticed this because I put the working link to the website I built and
four days later it was not working.

I will endevour to keep the link up to date @
http://narromineglidingclub.com.au/i...per&Itemid=103

This is the OLC link
http://www.onlinecontest.org/olc-2.0...aimType=glider

Why they do not put a url redirect in at the old url is beyond me !

Mal www.mals.net

SNIP

Quite often competitors receive error message from the OLC while uploading
flight information and IGC files because of using software programs with
older release versions, or software, not approved for use by the OLC (the
server problems which appeared during the Easter weekend have no connection
with that issue). That is annoying for users and in particular it does not
have to be.
Therefore we want to kindly inform You, that the easiest and safest way for
claiming flights in the OLC is the direct claim method, including the upload
of Your IGC file.
If You are logged in, before starting the claim, a number of data is already
set automatically in the claim form and does not have to be entered once
again. Attention: Donīt forget to set a LOGIN name of Your choice in Your
personal data, otherwise You cannot LOGIN.
The absolutely perfect claim is possible, if Your logger contains already
the correct flight info concerning type of aircraft and call sign in exactly
the spelling, used in the OLC data base, because then the claim form does
not even appear during the claim, but the flight is scored correctly,
without any further action needed.
As You see, You dont need any software to claim Your flights in the OLC.
Give this direct claim method a chance and You will see, ist works
perfectly, not to say ingeniously.
Your OLC team

Old April 17th 07, 05:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Apr 16, 2:44 pm, " wrote:
I have been trying to register on the OLC and keep getting an error
message:
Cannot store data on database. (Access denied for user
'olcphp'@'localhost' to database 'olc2006')
Anyone else have this problem or have any ideas?

Brian Utley

Completely different subject....
I knew I'd seen your name elsewhere. I was going through the papers
for my Speed Astir, and ran across a letter from the FAA registry to
you (assuming you are the same Brian Utley), reserving 16UF
registration number. Were you the first owner? I am the current owner
of 16UF, and have been since December 2003. It's my first glider, and
not unlikely to be my last, unless I get too fat to fit!

Jim

Old April 17th 07, 07:49 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sally W

At 02:24 17 April 2007, wrote:
On Apr 16, 5:56 pm, wrote:
On Apr 16, 2:44 pm, ' wrote:

Good catch!

Again, DO NOT USE LINKS FROM LAST YEAR OR EVEN EARLIER
THIS WINTER.

They have renamed everything and every page.

A quick way to give the users problems...

http://www3.onlinecontest.org/olc-2....ring.html?scor
ingId=1&today

is a good start if you have no other link.

The www3 in the one above worries me. It does work,
but so does this which is where www.onlincontest.org
is being redirected to:

http://www.onlinecontest.org/olc-2.0...ene/index.html

Old April 17th 07, 11:16 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mal[_3_]

www.onlincontest.org no suchwebsite you left out the e

Old April 17th 07, 04:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Apr 16, 4:56 pm, wrote:
On Apr 16, 2:44 pm, " wrote:

I have been trying to register on the OLC and keep getting an error
message:
Cannot store data on database. (Access denied for user
'olcphp'@'localhost' to database 'olc2006')
Anyone else have this problem or have any ideas?

Brian Utley

http://www.onlinecontest.org/olc-2.0...mberadmin.html

Brian,
That may be the old database ('olc2006'). Try the above link.
Jim

Yes, that is what I discovered. Once on the new site no more problems
including uploading my flight.
Thanks,
Brian

Registration question Michael Horowitz Owning 7 January 25th 06 03:50 PM
Aircraft Registration jcarlyle Soaring 11 January 21st 06 05:16 PM
Canadian registration to US? CFLav8r Owning 7 March 15th 04 03:35 AM
2004 Registration PaulaJay1 Owning 30 January 2nd 04 04:50 PM
Aircraft registration ??? Ludlow Johnson Piloting 13 November 12th 03 06:53 PM