Convair XF2Y Seadart Buno 135762 - sound barrier

Old December 25th 03, 03:49 PM
Ogden Johnson III

"Tex Houston" wrote:

"Ogden Johnson III" wrote in message

Does anyone know the present status of that XF2? [The page shows last
edit in May of 2003.] If restoration is complete, could it have been
moved to the new NASM's Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center located at
Washington Dulles International Airport? Last location shown on the
Smithsonian pages is G22 at the Garber Facility. [From
http://www.nasm.si.edu/collections/air_space.cfm et seq]

I checked the UHC list at:

http://www.nasm.si.edu/museum/udvarh...ifacts_air.cfm

and they have no Convair aircraft listed. May very well still be in
storage.

First nice weekend this spring, before the tourae hordes hit us, I'm
going to spend a couple of days to see first hand what is or isn't on
display at the new UH Center. ;-

[Thanking my lucky stars that Denver didn't get it.]
--
OJ III
[Email sent to Yahoo addy is burned before reading.
Old December 25th 03, 05:08 PM
Leanne

"Ogden Johnson III" wrote in message

I was TAD to MCAS
Beaufort. *The* nicest place I've ever spent time in - and

that
includes 2 years as a military brat in Hawaii.

OJ,

You would be welcome if you came back to Beaufort, but not the
sleepy little town you remember. We have become a retirement
community. MCAS is active with 6 Marine and 2 Navy F/A-18 when
they are all at home. We got the Navy when Cecil Field closed.

Leanne

Old December 25th 03, 06:19 PM
Tex Houston

"Ogden Johnson III" wrote in message
First nice weekend this spring, before the tourae hordes hit us, I'm
going to spend a couple of days to see first hand what is or isn't on
display at the new UH Center. ;-

[Thanking my lucky stars that Denver didn't get it.]
--
OJ III

You really know how to hurt a guy who lives just up the road in Colorado
Springs.

Regards,

Tex

Old December 25th 03, 08:14 PM
Ogden Johnson III

"Leanne" wrote:

"Ogden Johnson III" wrote in message

I was TAD to MCAS
Beaufort. *The* nicest place I've ever spent time in - and

that
includes 2 years as a military brat in Hawaii.

You would be welcome if you came back to Beaufort, but not the
sleepy little town you remember. We have become a retirement
community. MCAS is active with 6 Marine and 2 Navy F/A-18 when
they are all at home. We got the Navy when Cecil Field closed.

Not to denigrate Beaufort, which is/was nice enough to a fugitive from
beautiful downtown Havelock, but I was referring to Savannah in the
quoted comment.
Old December 25th 03, 08:34 PM
Bob McKellar

Ogden Johnson III wrote:

"Leanne" wrote:

"Ogden Johnson III" wrote in message

I was TAD to MCAS
Beaufort. *The* nicest place I've ever spent time in - and

that
includes 2 years as a military brat in Hawaii.

You would be welcome if you came back to Beaufort, but not the
sleepy little town you remember. We have become a retirement
community. MCAS is active with 6 Marine and 2 Navy F/A-18 when
they are all at home. We got the Navy when Cecil Field closed.

Not to denigrate Beaufort, which is/was nice enough to a fugitive from
beautiful downtown Havelock, but I was referring to Savannah in the
quoted comment.
--
OJ III
[Email sent to Yahoo addy is burned before reading.
Lower and crunch the sig and you'll net me at comcast]

Also without denigration of Beaufort, I appreciate your taste.

Perhaps you should visit again before this June. The G8 conference is
slated then for Sea Island, GA, and Savannah is the designated press
headquarters. There is much anticipation of possible rioting and damage
from the anti-everything crazies.

Fear levels are high enough that high school graduations have been moved
out of their customary downtown venue.

BTW, just like Beaufort, the "nice" parts of Savannah are a small portion
of the current city. Once you have driven 50 streets or so south from
City Hall ( we basically have no west, east or north sides ) you will be
in plain old corporate USA. Our Burger Kings, Wal-Marts and Home Depots
look just like anybody else's. Kind of depressing, actually.

Keeping on topic. we have often had Naval ships carrying Naval aircraft
tie up a stone's throw from said City Hall. ( Granted, if you can throw
a stone as far as a major league outfielder )

Bob McKellar, who couldn't throw a major league outfielder more than a
foot or so, even less if the outfielder resisted

Old December 25th 03, 11:13 PM
Leanne

"Bob McKellar" wrote in message
BTW, just like Beaufort, the "nice" parts of Savannah are a

small portion
of the current city. Once you have driven 50 streets or so

south from
City Hall ( we basically have no west, east or north sides )

you will be
in plain old corporate USA. Our Burger Kings, Wal-Marts and

Home Depots
look just like anybody else's. Kind of depressing, actually.

Keeping on topic. we have often had Naval ships carrying Naval

aircraft
tie up a stone's throw from said City Hall. ( Granted, if you

can throw
a stone as far as a major league outfielder )

Bob, we have fallen love with Savannah. I like to shop and visit
often. It is one of my most favorite cities.

Leanne

Old December 26th 03, 04:37 AM
Bob McKellar

Leanne wrote:

"Bob McKellar" wrote in message
BTW, just like Beaufort, the "nice" parts of Savannah are a

small portion
of the current city. Once you have driven 50 streets or so

south from
City Hall ( we basically have no west, east or north sides )

you will be
in plain old corporate USA. Our Burger Kings, Wal-Marts and

Home Depots
look just like anybody else's. Kind of depressing, actually.

Keeping on topic. we have often had Naval ships carrying Naval

aircraft
tie up a stone's throw from said City Hall. ( Granted, if you

can throw
a stone as far as a major league outfielder )

Bob, we have fallen love with Savannah. I like to shop and visit
often. It is one of my most favorite cities.

Leanne

I am allowed to brag about my adopted city, since I am a newcomer. I
have only been here a bit over thirty years.

Keep shopping here, we need the sales tax money!

Bob McKellar, who has some very nice Beaufort related memories not
suitable for this group

Old December 28th 03, 07:46 PM
Tex Houston

"Tex Houston" wrote in message news:...

"Ogden Johnson III" wrote in message
Does anyone know the present status of that XF2? [The page shows last
edit in May of 2003.] If restoration is complete, could it have been
moved to the new NASM's Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center located at
Washington Dulles International Airport? Last location shown on the
Smithsonian pages is G22 at the Garber Facility. [From
http://www.nasm.si.edu/collections/air_space.cfm et seq]

OJ III

I checked the UHC list at:

http://www.nasm.si.edu/museum/udvarh...ifacts_air.cfm

and they have no Convair aircraft listed. May very well still be in
storage.

Tex Houston

Additional Seadart information...

Check out the Champlin Museum website (museum now closed) which now gives
information on a new museum coming to the Phoenix area. Note the first
entry on the preview sidebar.

Tex Houston

Old December 28th 03, 07:49 PM
Tex Houston

"Tex Houston" wrote in message news:...
Additional Seadart information...

Check out the Champlin Museum website (museum now closed) which now gives
information on a new museum coming to the Phoenix area. Note the first
entry on the preview sidebar.

Tex Houston

Damn, I left out the URL. I hate it when that happens. Time to go out for
coffee.

http://www.champlinfighter.com/

Sorry,

Tex