"Final Flight"

Old August 29th 03, 05:31 PM
Ed Forsythe

Default "Final Flight"

I'm so sorry Doc. Remember, your father will always be with you. Talk to
people who care - it will ease the pain -
--
Happy Flying,
Ed F.

"Dr. Anthony J. Lomenzo" wrote in message

"Final Flight" ....my Dad....on 8-22-03 [b. 1915]. I know in the last
few weeks that there were times I got into protracted wee hour satiric
pieces and mercifully there were no public complaints from those
selected...it was one of the ways, however, that I used to cope, if only
for a brief albeit forced respite from stark reality with a situation
where I was wholly powerless to do anything of a reversing nature
....the loss of my father.

It's an internal and indeed very painful anguish that some have already
experienced with the loss of a close loved one(s) regardless of their
longevity but which never gets easier, if I can even use that word, to
bear under the guise of hearing at least for the very senior aged parent
or loved one that '... at least he/she lived a full and active life.'
It's tough, very tough, and one copes as they can even outside of one's
own family who share the supportive grief. I suppose mentioning this in
aviation newsgroups I've periodically frequented over the years could
be questioned as to its propriety but then, from a personal perspective,
it also helps me to cope with the loss.

I urge the real-deal flying, ATC, flight sim community, and the av
related fraternity who obviously have heir own loved ones to 'daily'
make expressions of their feelings known to your own loved ones,
regardless of age, while they maintain the capacity and lucidity to hear
your voice, message and expression of such devotion to them. And vice
versa.

Doc Tony

"Final Flight"
A.R.L. [1915-2003]

cc: rec.av.piloting

Old August 30th 03, 09:22 PM
Paul Riley

[...]

Sincere condolences--my deepest sympathy to you and your family at this
time.

Paul